booked okw ask to at the Hosp.House

If you were waitlisted for the exact same thing, call MS and make sure your waitlist is set up correctly.

As much as I hate calling again about this sort of thing I think I might have to. Thanks

I also have a general question about requests that perhaps someone can answer...

Doc mentioned that buildings 15-18, 62-54 and 27-29 are also near HH. Is it OK to request them all? Or do people generally just pick one and hope for the best.

Doc...BTW did you mean 62-64? 54 looks as though it is in Kingdom Come!

That's what doesn't make sense to me. Why would she be ahead of me on the list? I booked 2 days before her?

Was it the same type room and the same dates? Did you check your reservation online to see if it has been updated?

:rotfl: Okay figured it out. We were in bldg. 63 which is very close to HH. Our only problem with that stay was for the first 5 or so nights.....we heard this family all the time. It sounded like they were moving furniture. You know how you push your chairs out and if they are on wood floor you can hear it. Well we couldn't figure out why we kept hearing that because we were in a 2 br. and it was not possible to make noise like that pulling and pushing chairs in then we figured out...it was the grand villa above us. Needless to say...we were thrilled when those people left. We just requested to be near HH but we didn't have the booking category for that stay.

lilstint,
When you call regarding your waitlist, have your sister's reservation number available to verify your complaint. This very thing happened to me, only I had been on the waitlist for 10 months and the person who got the room got it on the first call just a month before arrival. MS finally admitted to me that there is an issue with the waitlist. Hopefully they can do something for you. Good luck!

...Doc mentioned that buildings 15-18, 62-54 and 27-29 are also near HH. Is it OK to request them all? Or do people generally just pick one and hope for the best.

Doc...BTW did you mean 62-64? 54 looks as though it is in Kingdom Come!

Those villas are not considered Near Hospitality House. If you request Near HH, you won't get those villas. If you don't request Near HH, you might get those villas. Or you might get Bldg 54 ;) Yes, he did mean 62-64 (these are the three newest buildings).

lilstint,
When you call regarding your waitlist, have your sister's reservation number available to verify your complaint. This very thing happened to me, only I had been on the waitlist for 10 months and the person who got the room got it on the first call just a month before arrival. MS finally admitted to me that there is an issue with the waitlist. Hopefully they can do something for you. Good luck!

I will. Thanks

Those villas are not considered Near Hospitality House. If you request Near HH, you won't get those villas. If you don't request Near HH, you might get those villas. Or you might get Bldg 54 ;) Yes, he did mean 62-64 (these are the three newest buildings).

What I meant to ask was if they tell me I have not cleared the waitlist is it OK to put in a request for buildings 15, 16, 17, 18, 62, 63, 64 (which are close but not in the HH house category) or should i just choose one or two?
TIA

What I meant to ask was if they tell me I have not cleared the waitlist is it OK to put in a request for buildings 15, 16, 17, 18, 62, 63, 64 (which are close but not in the HH house category) or should i just choose one or two?
TIA

They may limit you to the number of requests. But remember, it's only a request and not guaranteed.

I prefer to ask for "what" I want, rather than "where". If you just list a couple of buildings, and they are not available, the person assigning your room may not know which of the remaining options would be the best fit for you.

So, in your case, I'd ask for "as close to the hospitality house area as possible" rather than list specific buildings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter