Booked my air thru DCL... Do they ever use Nonstop Flights?

Jen in MA said:
Just curious... we'll be flying out of Boston

I can't comment on the non-stop flights, but did you look into booking your own flights? You can get some pretty good deals on jetBlue, non-stop from Logan to Orlando, and I have to believe it would be cheaper than going through DCL.

Our quote from DCL was about $400 pp from Denver to Orlando. I booked our flight for $218pp. Non-stop too.

Jet Blue or Southwest out of TG Green may be a good option for you. Not sure if DCL would book you non-stop. Are you flying the day before? Lots of people recommend that as well. You can use the money you save to get a hotel and relax with less stress and day's head start on your vacation. Good luck.

DCL quote was over $1,300 for 3. I got airfare for 3 from Manchester, NH for $586.00 (USAIR) the day before in Jan 2004.

I actually did try to book my own flights, but I'm going during school vacation week, so the cheap flights went fast. I'm a teacher, so leaving a day early isn't an option for me (unless I could have got a late flight... but they weren't cheap either). Anyways, I decided to go through DCL and we leave in 5 weeks. I'm hoping for either an early flight or a nonstop flight or both! Hopefully, my cruise docs will arrive soon, so I'll know!

Jen in MA said:
I actually did try to book my own flights, but I'm going during school vacation week, so the cheap flights went fast. I'm a teacher, so leaving a day early isn't an option for me (unless I could have got a late flight... but they weren't cheap either). Anyways, I decided to go through DCL and we leave in 5 weeks. I'm hoping for either an early flight or a nonstop flight or both! Hopefully, my cruise docs will arrive soon, so I'll know!
Just FYI, you probably won't get your documents untill 2weeks before the cruise. They tend to be the last ones issued (those with air)

There are times when booking with DCL is a good idea, making sure you get to the ship on time is one of them, it is a risk you take when you book your own.

Have a great time.

Jen in MA said:

Ahhhhh I see. Have a great time and good luck with the flights.

They do book non-stop flights, but it probably depends on the carrier, schedules and how many flights leave your area for Orlando during the day. I would supsect it is a pretty popular route, so a non-stop might be a safe bet. We've used DCL air program twice from Philly, both times non-stop flights both ways.

I go non-stop out of MHT and book myself with either SW or Delta, both times it was WAY cheaper. Then I used the saved money and got the Tiffany Towncar!
Nothing like having the guy waiting for me, sign in hand, ready to whisk me to either Hotel or Port! Thats when vacation kicks in... the plans are made, and now time to enjoy! Have Fun!

Honestly if I were you I will call my ta or Disney directly to make certain I get the answer from the horses mouth, if you know what I mean. I booked a cruise for a friend coming out of BOS and she didn't get non-stops, she got connections all the way. She was okay with it, but if you want to be sure of what you are going to get, my recommendation will be contact your ta or Disney, or book your own flights so you could sure of you are going to get into.

Hope my advise help in any way! :wave2: :sad2: :wave2:

We flew twice with DCL's air program...from NY to MCO...both times we had early (7:00 am) direct flights. We flew out of EWR (Newark airport) but I cannot remember the airlines we were on.

We booked our air through Disney a few times back in our early days of cruising. Most of the time it was a non-stop American flight from Chicago to MCO, but once they stuck us on connecting Delta flights...ugh!
Barb

an FYI - many of the cruise lines negotiate prices with airlines far in advance, - when airfare wars kick in and prices drop, the airlines will NOT reduce the airfare to the cruise lines, so the cruise lines often cannot compete with the airfares that you can book yourself.

The advantage of booking air through the cruise line though is the piece of mind from knowing that they'll get you to the ship at their expense if your flight is delayed or cancelled.

I just booked our air out of Logan - $69 each way on JetBlue (non-stop BOS-MCO). Song also offers the same fare. You are not obligated to fly round trip either, so you can fly down on one airline and fly back on the other for the same fare (we will be doing this in September). As an added bonus, JetBlue and Song both have individual satellite TV service - fantastic if you're flying with kids. I have previously flown both airlines and highly recommend either.

jet blue & fly song are the two cheapest nonstop flightes out of logan. they usaully run between $59.00 - $69.00 each way depending on the day and time you want to fly. in the past, i have booked on jetblue going to orlando and delta song on the way home because they were chepar on the return flight. im not sure of any other airline out of logan that will give you a good price like these two airlines. i usally fly round trip for a family of three for around $450.00.
the only time you will see the prices outrageous are on school vacations.they can go around $500.oo for a roundtrip ticket on those 2 airlines.

jen in MA:

I know your dilemma. Right now I am booked for Disney air for a busy vacation week next winter. I have been told that I will not know my flights until 30 days ahead of time. Not a good feeling for a plan-ahead type person!!! They said for $50.00 more I could get an air deviation and request non-stop flights and certain airlines. Once I request this, they would respond in 48 hours and tell me if this possible. I would not be charged the $50.00 if they cannot do it. I think you are charge the $50.00 immediately if they are able to honor your request. You will have to check to see if you can still add this on to your reservation as you are only five weeks out.

In the Passporter's Guide to DCL the number for Disney air is 800-395-9374.

Good luck. maminnie

Air deviation requests must be made at least 70 days in advance.

Guess it matters where you live, but I am finding fewer and fewer non-stops available, unless you live in a city that is one airlines hub. Of course, I'm on the West Coast, almost impossible to go anywhere over about 1000 miles without going thru Denver, Phoenix, Dallas or Salt Lake City.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter