• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booked LL for absent or skittish family member

rmclain73

Mouseketeer
Never having used Genie yet, what happens if I book a LL for a later time and by the time we are eligible to scan in a member of our party is no longer in the park? What happens if someone gets to an attraction and decides they no longer want to go on that ride, or may be a little to scared to go on? Is there a way to clear them from the LL? I would hate to not be able to book another LL until the 2 hour mark because our entire party did not scan into the attraction.

Never having used Genie yet, what happens if I book a LL for a later time and by the time we are eligible to scan in a member of our party is no longer in the park? What happens if someone gets to an attraction and decides they no longer want to go on that ride, or may be a little to scared to go on? Is there a way to clear them from the LL? I would hate to not be able to book another LL until the 2 hour mark because our entire party did not scan into the attraction.
Genie+ LL eligibility is not group dependent. It is individual based. If you select CANCEL, the next screen will ask you to select which people your are canceling for. If you go to book a LL and someone in your list isn't eligible, it will only allow you to book for the people who are.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...lightning-lane-please-read-posts-1-7.3856734/

ETA I remember reading that you should cancel BEFORE the LL window opens for the person not riding or their eligibility may not reopen until the LL window ends. Not sure if that is the case now. I would read through the opening posts of the thread linked above.
ETA If someone doesn't tap in to whatever ride the group is doing, the end of the LL window, not the 120 minute rule, determines their eligibility AS LONG AS the LL is most recent one booked.

Last edited:
Genie+ LL eligibility is not group dependent. It is individual based. If you select CANCEL, the next screen will ask you to select which people your are canceling for. If you go to book a LL and someone in your list isn't elgibile, it will only allow you to book for the people who are.
thanks for that answer.

I had this happen on my trip that I just returned from. My husband bailed on BTMRR. I made a Splash LL after that for only my daughter and me and just spoke with the cast member working at Splash to explain the situation. He waved us in without me even finishing my sentence...didn't care at all that my husband didn't have the Splash LL booked.

I'm not advocating to skirt the system at all and I share this not to count on it or anything. I didn't know a technical way around it so this is what I did and crossed my fingers. I'm sure it would be different if it was like 5 people instead of only 1. If you get stuck a CM may help you out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter