Booked Hoop De Do - hope I won't be disappointed!

Torontogal

Mouseketeer & Disney Vacation Club Member
Hi,
We booked Hoop De Do for July Cat. 2 - 9:30pm. Hope it is worth it. Would love to hear your experiences with it. Where is the best spot to sit with Cat. 2? Would love to hear from anyone who has been...it seems quite pricey and wondering if there is something that you would recommend instead?

Others have reported - great show/ok food. Cat 2 should save you from being pulled up on stage, even though it sounds like fun. Reported as one of the best shows on property. I also think beer & wine are included.

We did HDDR on our last trip and LOVED it. It was pricey, but well worth it! I think DS loved it even more than DH and I- and we loved watching him CRACK UP at the performers! :lmao: You'll have a blast. Enjoy it

Our family loved HDDR and I'm sure you will, too. The food is great and the entertainment is fun. Since you're going in July you'll really appreciate how nice and cool it is inside. The beer was a big bonus for DH.

We went this year while on the DDP, very fun show, the kids loved it and DW and I thought it was great. We sat in Cat 3 in the balcony and I don't think there are very many bad seats. The food was pretty good and the beer and wine is included. You will have a blast.

Enjoy

My family loves this show, my DS2 had a blast with all the music and dancing. My father even got picked to go onstage and perform (my DH, mom and i were laughing so hard at him):lmao: Its such a great show. The food is ok but the atmosphere makes up for that. Have fun

I've been to HDDR 3 times - once when I was 15, once when I took my mom for a mother-daughter trip and then once again on my honeymoon. The food is ok - fried chicken, etc. But the show is FANTASTIC!!! The last time I went I had the awesome opportunity to watch one of my friends from college on stage as he's a Disney performer now. You will not be disappointed by the show at all - be prepared to laugh a lot!

Beth

We've attended the Revue over a dozen times in our 42 trips. It's one of our favorites and we feel the price is worth it, it's a dinner show, food and entertainment. The show is hilarious, corny but great and we laugh at the same old jokes over and over. I guess it must be the beer and wine, we put down quite a few pitchers of each, especially the sangria. We figure we quaff down at least 20 bucks of alcohol, 20 bucks of food and the rest is for the show. It's the best hour and a half spent on property. We usually do cat. 1, been on stage and picked on in the audience and it's always a hoot. We like the last show, most children are not at this one and the CM's get into the show and ad lib alittle more.

Hi! You are going to love it!! Bring a sweater though kinda chilly in there! WE are going back May 15 it is our first stop in our vacation!
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Disappointed at the Hoop? No Way!
Super fun show!

You don't get to pick your seats, I've been told that the tables are assigned by how early you print your tickets, don't know if it is true or not. IMHO there is not a bad seat in the house!

You will have a knee slappin good time. We have been many times and continue to go back. It is a really fun show for the entire family.

The HDDR is the best Dinner show on Disney property, hands down.

The show is extremely corny, silly, and hokey, don't go expecting anything else, you'll be disappointed.

Get ready to clap and sing along.

We've been there twice and loved it both times!!
What's not to like, beer and sangria included!!!:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

You shouldn't be dissapointed! I personally loved it. I've been 3-4 times and going back in a week!

Well since ya asked. I will be the odd man out. Did not like it at all. The food is very very cheap. Think Golden Coral. The show is hokey and well not really in a good way. It is not horrible, but I did look at my watch several times. It is a lot of money and I just expected more. I don't get the buzz on this one.

By the way I love country and western stuff, so that was not why I did not like it. If you want a good time at the Fort I suggest having a nice dinner at Wilderness Lodge and then heading over to the Fort by boat for the campfire sing a long. (if you have kids)

We went in March for the first time and loved it. My son 7 laughed until he cried. I enjoyed watching him more than the show. That is his kind of humor. I thought the food was good but very filling. Have Fun!!

I was concerend going in, but we had a really good time. The fried chicken and ribs were great. Kids and adults both enjoyed the show.......so much that I think we will go back next trip.

I was a bit nervous over HDDR but our family thought it was fun. My kids really found the corny humor hilarious! You don't get to pick where you sit though--you're assigned a table.

Hi,
We booked Hoop De Do for July Cat. 2 - 9:30pm. Hope it is worth it. Would love to hear your experiences with it. Where is the best spot to sit with Cat. 2? Would love to hear from anyone who has been...it seems quite pricey and wondering if there is something that you would recommend instead?

No way! My family went and it was great fun and the food was good as well. Make sure you have enough battery left in your camera as we ran out and there were some really GREAT interaction moments that we missed.

Enjoy!

We've never done Hoop De Do. Would a 17yo boy and 14yo girl like it? I thought about doing it on our arrival day (no parks). Does it have enough of a Disney feel to it to start off our trip?

It really depends on the teens. If they are the type to get silly and play along, then they will love it. If they are too cool for school, then not so much.

In other words if they will take pics with characters and sing along at parades and shows, then the Hoop is a good bet.

If they think Fantasyland is for kids and only want to do thrill rides then maybe the Hoop not so much of a good bet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter