Booked Discovery Cove for December! Thoughts/experiences with Sea Adventure add on?

Ann Marie McDonald

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are planning a December Florida trip to celebrate our empty nest! We have debated doing Discovery Cove for years and finally decided to try it when it was just the two of us. I am a bit concerned about the weather at that time of year. What if it rains? I am assuming the activities continue unless there is thunder and lightning in the area?

We are now debating on the SeaAdventure add on that is $59 per person. Has anyone done this and was it worth the time and money?

I would love to hear thoughts from anyone else who has done DC in the winter months. Thanks!

Ann Marie

Hi Ann Marie,
My family of five just got back from an 'Orlando Extravaganza' last week and we spent a day at Discovery Cove. It was truly the highlight of the whole trip for all of us! We tacked on the Sea Venture experience and did not regret it. I think that it was worth the money. Walking along the bottom among the gorgeous fish is amazing. I smiled the entire time! I am not very good at snorkeling but breathing in the helmet was quite simple once I just relaxed. There are a lot of staff under with you so we felt safe. My only wish is that it lasted longer!

Had always gone to DC in September when it was still really hot. I asked the staff how it was in winter and they said folks loved it because the water doesn't feel so cold ....

SO when I booked the whole family to do it the week before Christmas this year I was very concerned about the cool weather still. WELL, it was GREAT! Normally it's a painful process for me to get in the water each time but with the cooler air, the water didn't feel that cold. I was in and out all day.

Love that place!!! :fish:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter