• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booked CSR but now thinking POFQ??? Help!

PrincessK

I Live for Disney Vacations!
Ok, literally found out yesterday my DH was sending my sister and I next month for my birthday! I usually research the "you know what" out of everything before I book...no time for that this time! We found really good flights, shocking! So had to book our resort ASAP. Never stayed at CSR and with no kids or DH's we decided on it.
Now, this morning we're having second thoughts. We both think we'd like something with a little more Disney feel and really like that we can take a boat from POFQ to Disney Springs. Riverside's pool is closed, and there aren't as many food options at POFQ like CSR but with DS we would have lots of options.
I don't know if they will even allow me to change at this point??
Ugh! The stress!!

Also any suggestions for any moderate resort that you think may be what I'm looking for is welcome!!

First of all! Congratulations on your upcoming trip!! As for your resort choice, you really can't make a bad decision. We've stayed at Coronado Springs before. I love it. The grounds are lush and beautiful, the food options are fantastic, and I love how the resort seems to be in a class on its own. It's somewhere between a moderate and deluxe. And the pool is one of the best on property. You can also see fireworks from around the resort.

POFQ. I've visited this resort, but never actually stayed here. Based off my experience, the boat to Disney Springs is a great touch. But, keep in mind the line to get on the boat can get long, so give yourself enough traveling time if you have reservations. Also, this resort seems to have more of a Disney feel to it. I love the food court here, as you can get beignets, one of my favorite foods.

If I had to choose, I'd say Coronado Springs. Good luck and happy planning!

There are only 4 moderates, and you're already torn on two. As you say, POR has pool closure. I don't think CBR is what you want. CSR has better dining options, and POFQ has the boat.

I don't think either is in your face Disney, so I think it really depends on how much time you want to spent at Disney Springd, and which theme appeals more. I prefer CSR.

Don't stress...which moderate resort question comes up on here nearly daily. Everyone it seems gets in a confused state over which one to go to. Maybe I am way off here but they are all nice places to stay and I have no complaints. Go on your vacation and enjoy it. Next time you go, stay at another resort and try that one. Have a great time but my opinion is don't sweat the small stuff.

Have to agree with Goofy Drool on this one. We've stayed at all of the mods multiple times and can't say we really dislike any of them. Often it just comes down to which has the better discount, for us. We've been known to toss a coin to decide. Before trying to switch, first ask yourself how often you will want to go to DS. That might help you decide.

We stayed at CSR for 13 days in November. Loved it!! Food choices were great, pool was great, we had great bus service the whole time and the grounds are beautiful. That being said we have never stayed at POFQ but plan to on our next trip.

After this trip we will have tried all the Mods. We loved POFQ and really enjoyed our stay at POR...Can't say we would do CBR again though. Looking forward to trying something new at CSR. The boat from POFQ was a nice touch and we enjoyed using it; made going to Disney Springs that much more appealing to us.
I'm curious about this being able to see fireworks thing mentioned above; which fireworks are you seeing and from what location at the resort??

You can see fringes of Illuminations, but see Symphony in the Stars quite well, as I understand it. Have not been to SitS.

You can see fringes of Illuminations, but see Symphony in the Stars quite well, as I understand it. Have not been to SitS.
Thanks!! That's kind of what I figured and that's scheduled to be over by the time we are there unless they extend it out...

I really prefer POFQ out of all the moderates due to the size of the resort and the boat transportation to DTD/DS. Bus service to DTD is just the absolute worst no matter what hotel I've stayed at, so taking the boat is a really nice option and we've never had very long waits for it! The FQ food court is small but that's never been a big factor in where we stay. The bus service has also been really reliable and I prefer having the one stop vs. multiple stops at CSR. Personally CSR was just too big of a resort for me, but it's very pretty and I loved the room decor.

POFQ is our LEAST preferred moderate. CSR is possibly my favourite. POFQ only has one small food court for dining. The POFQ pool is small and lame. There are huge giant Mardi gras heads and things hanging from the ceiling in the food court. UGH! The theming around the grounds is very city like and not appealing to us at all. We rarely bother with DS. The ONLY unique good thing about a stay at POFQ is the single bus stop, IMO, and that is not worth getting excited about for us. We find the conveniently placed bus stops at CSR to work just fine for us. Also we like walking around CSR in the evening. i enjoy having a fitness centre and salon at the resort. We also love the pool and hot tub at CSR. Finally, the dining options here are varied and excellent. Now that you have a business class option, this is truly a 'deluxe lite' resort! We LOVE CSR!

Just our opinion, of course. And....all that said, I do like POFQ. The above are the reasons that it is my least favourite, not reasons that I totally dislike staying here. POFQ just doesn't offer what we like in a moderate as well as CSR does, though.

The bus service is always suspect for DTD/DS just because of the lower volume of people going there from the resorts. It just isn't as heavy as the park traffic so they allocate less busses to the route. I have been there when I got lucky and didn't have to wait and there have been other times where it feels like the same bus went all the way there and then came back for another load. I have never had too much of a problem getting back at night though. Seems as though they must increase the number of buses the later at night it gets. Maybe I just got lucky :)

I
The bus service is always suspect for DTD/DS just because of the lower volume of people going there from the resorts. It just isn't as heavy as the park traffic so they allocate less busses to the route. I have been there when I got lucky and didn't have to wait and there have been other times where it feels like the same bus went all the way there and then came back for another load. I have never had too much of a problem getting back at night though. Seems as though they must increase the number of buses the later at night it gets. Maybe I just got lucky :)

The problem with the buses to and from DS for the last couple of years is a combination of road closures and that they're down to only one bus stop while the construction is going on. If they had more frequent bus service to each resort, they'd end up with gridlock on the roads approaching the Marketplace because there aren't enough spots for each bus to pull in. Hopefully when the new bus stop is finished at the West side, some of the bus problems will end.

When I first booked our vacation way back in July, I originally had us at CBR. Our only time staying on property was 17 years ago at CSR, and I figured we'd try something different. Then I came here to the DIS and it seems everyone is all about POFQ, so I began second guessing myself. I came very close to switching to POFQ a few times, but I was just not that impressed with what I saw of it via pics, reviews, and videos. And while the boat to Disney Springs is nice, we weren't really planning on spending much time at Disney Springs on our trip (probably one evening), so that wasn't really all that important.

In the end, I decided against both CBR and POFQ and just stuck with the only place I actually knew, and that was CSR. I fell in love with that resort all those years ago, and the night I switched the reservation over I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of me. But like I said, I don't really care much about the boat to DS, and I also don't need a lot of Disney theming around me. And it always makes me happy to see people talking about how nice CSR is. It was absolutely impeccably clean and beautiful when we were there, and there was something so soothing about the place. Even the bus stops were enjoyable, not that we spent much time in them because the bus service was fantastic.

I'm definitely Team Coronado Springs all the way.

Ok, literally found out yesterday my DH was sending my sister and I next month for my birthday! I usually research the "you know what" out of everything before I book...no time for that this time! We found really good flights, shocking! So had to book our resort ASAP. Never stayed at CSR and with no kids or DH's we decided on it.
Now, this morning we're having second thoughts. We both think we'd like something with a little more Disney feel and really like that we can take a boat from POFQ to Disney Springs. Riverside's pool is closed, and there aren't as many food options at POFQ like CSR but with DS we would have lots of options.
I don't know if they will even allow me to change at this point??
Ugh! The stress!!

Also any suggestions for any moderate resort that you think may be what I'm looking for is welcome!!
CSR is nice POFQ is great, we love the resort and if given a choice would stay their everytime. Very nice and well done resort. If given the chance take POFQ, JMO

I've stayed at both and while I liked POFQ I have to say that Coronado Springs resort is my favorite of the two.

Arriving at Coronado Springs in 16 days. We have stayed at all the other moderates, with French Quarter standing out by far as our favorite.

I

The problem with the buses to and from DS for the last couple of years is a combination of road closures and that they're down to only one bus stop while the construction is going on. If they had more frequent bus service to each resort, they'd end up with gridlock on the roads approaching the Marketplace because there aren't enough spots for each bus to pull in. Hopefully when the new bus stop is finished at the West side, some of the bus problems will end.
This is exactly why I say that if someone is torn, a good question is how much time they want to spend at DS. If they want to dine there several times, or just do a lot of DS, the boat has a lot of value.

I have stayed at both and both are great, but which one to me really depends on what your plans are for the trip. The pool at Coronado is great, so if you are planning resort/pool days I would recommend staying there. POFQ is more convenient/less walking. If you plan to spend more time in the parks with maybe an evening or two at Disney Springs this would probably be a better choice. My college best friend and I just spent a long weekend at POFQ and loved it! We were at the parks rope drop to close, so one bus stop and a short walk to the food court/room at night was amazing!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and advice! I changed to POFQ!! LOL! My sister and I just felt that we weren't going to spend much time at the resort so having all the food options of CSR wasn't a benefit, and we really love the idea of the boat as another transportation option. Also not sure how hot it will be there in Feb so the pool wasn't a huge deciding factor either, as long as it was open, unlike POR which I do love.
Of course had I only won the powerball last night I would have switched to GF and all my decisions would be so much easier! :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter