booked Caribe Royale

tinatark

DIS Veteran
Hi All, thanks for your input to my recent vacation - info request!

We are traveling March 16-23, unfortunately, high season

We decided against a WDW official hotel - a much larger room, mostly same amenities offsite was SO much less; decided for CR against Vistana Villages - seemed like CR location was a little better for visiting WDW

So we decided on the Caribe Royale for me, DH, 2 DS's (7 & 9)

Some questions:

We booked a 2 bedroom villa, is parking outside your villa?

Are there any specific areas I should request?

Are all CR pools heated? The guy at the hotel was a little vague, said the pools were always "at 80* or so

I saw a Mousesaver rate for the regular suites but not for the villas - ever seen a MS rate for the Villa?

We booked through HotelKingdom.com - got a rate of $ 239/night

Any other ideas/comments any of you may have?

Thanks!

Tina

Just back from 8 nights at CR. This is our second time staying here and we love this hotel. Great proximity to the parks. Shuttle schedule not as often as we wished, so drove over to WDW, only 5 min. to AK/MGM. Take the shortcut left onto World gateway (across from Marriot Orlando World hotel) and a right at HIFS, then right at the light when you see Gaylord Palms - then straight from there. We had a queen suite in tower 2. Thought it had adequate size for 4 of us - DH, DD 14yrs. , DS 12yrs.

Villa rooms are located across the parking lot next to the convention center around a small lake. Parking is around the villas. Villa tower IV is directly next to the convention center, but closest to the main part of the hotel with the large slide pool, and to where you go for bkfst., game room for the kids, ect. Villa VII is the farthest out from everything. The villa have a SMALL, very quiet, but nice little pool, but the main one is just so much nicer.

Have NEVER seen Villas discounted like the rooms in the main hotel.

Pool was resfreshingly cool, (they must cool it somehow)when we were there a few weeks ago. But it was great in the heat of Aug.
Went to our next hotel - Royal Pacific at USF, and water was much too warm, as was HRH pool water.

Barbara

Planning a short notice trip 10/27 - 11/03 and would like to stay at CR. Love to know what the recent rates have been like. I've seen it range from $109 to $179 on various web sites. Appreciate any comments on comp. hotels in the area as well.

thanks!!

okay, so CR's pool was "cool" when everyone elses was "too warm" - not what I want to hear! We are going in March, it is really too cool then to swim in an unheated pool; I've called CR several times and they say their pool is heated... anyone been in the fall/winter/spring?

My point was, that maybe they adjust the water temp. to the weather. If they pay extra to keep it cool in the summer, I can't imagine that they wouldn't pay to heat it in the winter.

Hi,

I've stayed at CR in late October time and the pool temp. was perfect:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter