Booked Air Through Disney - QUESTIONS

krissyh

DIS Veteran
Hi all.
DBF's parents booked FD and their air (Jetblue) through Disney.
I have always booked separately and want to be able to answer their questions.

Their confirmation document shows the flights, but I didn't see a separate confirmation number.

Will all flight information (especially for choosing seats) arrive with the "travel document packet"?

Any and all information from those who booked this way would be appreciated.

Hi all.
DBF's parents booked FD and their air (Jetblue) through Disney.
I have always booked separately and want to be able to answer their questions.

Their confirmation document shows the flights, but I didn't see a separate confirmation number.

Will all flight information (especially for choosing seats) arrive with the "travel document packet"?

Any and all information from those who booked this way would be appreciated.

They need to call anytime after 72 hours from booking the flights and get the air confirmation number. With that they will log onto JBs website and pull up their flight info, choose seats, and print E-Tickets.

Nothing will come from Disney regarding the flights.

We booked through Disney the first time we stayed on property.

We will never do it again.

For us, the biggest drawback is that you lose control of your flights (as you noted, WDW Travel does not give you your flight confirmation number).

This can turn into a nightmare if, for some reason, you need to change your flights.

For example, in our case, Disney came out with a free dining offer about a week after we booked our trip and, as luck would have it, we'd booked over a black-out period.

When we attempted to switch the reservation to a week when free dining was available, we had no trouble switching the resort dates but had a devil of a time with the flights.

If we'd had booked directly with the airline (in this case, Jet Blue), we'd have simply had to pay the change fee (at the time, $100) as the cost per ticket was exactly the same.

But WDW travel wanted to charge us almost $200 more per ticket in addition to the $100 change fee because they claimed the price per ticket was more expensive during the free dining period. They really dug in their heels about this and it wasn't until after several attemps of repeatedly emphasizing (which involved speaking to several managers, etc.) that we checked the Jet Blue website and knew the price for flights was exactly the same that they finally relented.

They need to call anytime after 72 hours from booking the flights and get the air confirmation number. With that they will log onto JBs website and pull up their flight info, choose seats, and print E-Tickets.

Nothing will come from Disney regarding the flights.

Thank you!
Just so I can tell them exactly:
1. In 72 hours, call the basic reservation number.
- Ask for the JB confirmation number.
2. Log in to JB using the confirmation number.
- Choose seats and print tickets.

This is their (gasp) first ever trip to WDW so I want to make sure it all goes as smoothly as possible. Next step is trying to get "first trip" buttons to be waiting for them at check in!

Thank you!
Just so I can tell them exactly:
1. In 72 hours, call the basically reservation number.
- Ask for the JB confirmation number.
2. Log in to JB using the confirmation number.
- Choose seats and print tickets.

This is their (gasp) first ever trip to WDW so I want to make sure it all goes as smoothly as possible. Next step is trying to get "first trip" buttons to be waiting for them at check in!

Yep, you've got it! I don't know how far away their flights are or how early JB let's passengers choose seats but if they have to wait to do that part at least they have the confirmation number. They can also use that to print the tickets t the airport at one of those kiosks if they don't have a printer.

I do wish they'd email flight confirmations to guests after they get it from the airlines. Hopefully that changes soon!

We have booked our airfare with WDW for this October trip. The CM was great about booking our seats as we wanted. When I booked my package, the CM gave me my Delta confirmation number right then so I could go to the delta website to check/change seats etc. She suggested I wait 24 hours before checking to make sure everything was entered in Delta's system.

I waited till the next day and then checked everything. It was all in there, and the CM had selected great seats just like we wanted. I was told to randomly check my flights as time goes by as flights/seats can change.

A few weeks back, I checked and one of my return flights had totally changed. I called Delta, was able to change both of my returning flights as the layover on the new flight was ridiculous. No charge, picked my new seats on the phone etc. Then later went in to make sure everything was ok. I then later that night called Disney, and had them update my flight information so that DME would have all the correct info. It was no problem.

So at least with Delta, you can totally have control of your flights after booking direct with Disney. I've had no problems at all. :)

We have booked our airfare with WDW for this October trip. The CM was great about booking our seats as we wanted. When I booked my package, the CM gave me my Delta confirmation number right then so I could go to the delta website to check/change seats etc. She suggested I wait 24 hours before checking to make sure everything was entered in Delta's system.

I waited till the next day and then checked everything. It was all in there, and the CM had selected great seats just like we wanted. I was told to randomly check my flights as time goes by as flights/seats can change.

A few weeks back, I checked and one of my return flights had totally changed. I called Delta, was able to change both of my returning flights as the layover on the new flight was ridiculous. No charge, picked my new seats on the phone etc. Then later went in to make sure everything was ok. I then later that night called Disney, and had them update my flight information so that DME would have all the correct info. It was no problem.

So at least with Delta, you can totally have control of your flights after booking direct with Disney. I've had no problems at all. :)

Nope, that's exactly how it should work with everyone! Delta is lovely and the confirmation number shows for Disney immediately but that should be the only difference!

Glad you had a good experience!

When I book for me, I do it separately because I'm a control freak.

As long as she can call in a few days and get it, all is good. I didn't think about calling vs. online for the confirmation number, because, honestly, it never occurred to me that the JB confirmation number wouldn't simply be provided. As long as they're seated together, they'll be happy, so not a biggie.

Thanks aaarcher86 for your help!

Yep, you've got it! I don't know how far away their flights are or how early JB let's passengers choose seats but if they have to wait to do that part at least they have the confirmation number. They can also use that to print the tickets t the airport at one of those kiosks if they don't have a printer.

I do wish they'd email flight confirmations to guests after they get it from the airlines. Hopefully that changes soon!

Bolding is mine...... if you book directly with JB, you can choose your seats before you even enter the payment info. So, I would hope that they can choose their seats as soon as they have the JB confirmation number, unless their flight is so far out that JB is not booking for those dates yet. I think their system is allowing bookings as far out as the end of April right now.

Bolding is mine...... if you book directly with JB, you can choose your seats before you even enter the payment info. So, I would hope that they can choose their seats as soon as they have the JB confirmation number.

They should be able to then. I've heard some people say some places don't open it up until a few months prior. I don't know. I don't fly! Lol

We booked our JB flights the day they went on sale, and we picked our seats at that time. Loved it!

I booked air with Disney Travel twice & never again. But Disney will give you the # for the air so you can check & get on the airline site. Never had a problem with Disney not giving me the # . But if you want to change anything you have to call Disney.

I always get my air on my own then I have control over it. We have many miles built up due to DH flying on business that we can fly free. But we really prefer to drive. :)

MHO

I just wanted to say thank you to the posters here! I was concerned about the flights I had booked through WDTC. And I am soooo glad I read this thread! I was going to just wait until our packet arrived, but being the nervous nellie I am, I was also obsessively checking the Delta flights we booked. And there were no seats available for regular coach on the return :eek: So I called WDTC, got my PNR (also known as a Record Locator) and signed into Delta. We had been assigned outbound seats (right over the wing :mad: Not great) and there was nothing on the return. So, I upgraded to Economy Comfort, got GREAT seats and now am anxiously awaiting our vacation...40 days cannot pass quick enough! Each day I find something new to obsess about (today it is whether or not to buy a PhotoPass+, yesterday it was to check or not to check luggage...haven't solved either one yet :rotfl2:) Sorry this is so long...just wanted to say "Thanks" and to share my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter