Booked Again!!! A Couple of Questions

Bilboo

Mouseketeer
Hello All,

Well, I've gone and done it - booked again for this year, going 19th August for 5 nights with the same group as last year so there are 8 of us.

Did consider somewhere else this year but with it being the 15th Anniversary it would be rude not to go, then next year the Tower of Terror opens – don’t you hate Disney sometimes!!!

Bit of a change to previous years, son now started in school so going in school holidays for the first time and also first time in the Santa Fe (to keep costs down!).

Hopefully you guys can answer some questions:-

- What are the crowds like the end of August; I'm dreading the answer to this one!

- What’s the Santa Fe like that time of year – not to hot is it without Air Conditioning?

- My son will be 5 the end of August but he will be with his Mum so going to celebrate his birthday there – any ideas?

- Anyone used the Half-Board option? Any thoughts?

- Can you still use the Planet Hollywood discount voucher from the Brit’s Guide, or is there a new Brit’s guide on the horizon?

Anyway I’m officially in “excited” mode so there will probably be more posts to follow but if anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks in advance,
John.

hi
can only help with the birthday question as my daughter celebrated her 4th one there last year and we booked cafe mickey for the evening of her birthday along with the birthday cake option which was fab. all the characters came out and made a real fuss of her snd they were dancing on the tables and singing to her and then spent at least half an hour just with us getting the whole family up dancing - it was amazing!!!! they made a real fuss of her and it brought tears to my eyes.

we also emailed the hotel - newport bay before we left and they arramged for balloons to be left all over our room for her which was lovely to come into on our first day.

sure other experts on here can help out with the other questions you have.

Great news :thumbsup2

Can you still use the Planet Hollywood discount voucher from the Brit’s Guide, or is there a new Brit’s guide on the horizon?
Yes you can still use it. Makes it a great bonus to own the Brits Guide :)

Hi

We were at DLRP at end of August beginning Sep last year and although there were alot of people it wasn't too bad. The weekend was the busiest. I think the French school children had already gone back to school and it was the last week for the UK school holidays.

We found we got alot done by arriving at the park as they opened or by having breakfast in the park first.

Have a really great time.

- What are the crowds like the end of August; I'm dreading the answer to this one!

We were there in late august last year and it was no where near as bad as it is on the weekends in december. With fast passes and extra magic hour you shuld be fine.

We used discount voucher from Brits Guide last week so definitely still accepted.

We've gone that time in August two years running and don't find the crowds a problem. :)

I have never been at that time, but I have heard it's not as bad as in July.

- What’s the Santa Fe like that time of year – not to hot is it without Air Conditioning?

I was there in July while it was very hot, and didn't think of it as a problem, but I must admit that my room at home is always very hot during the summer.
Next to that, the past 2 or 3 years, it has always been rather bad weather in August (sorry) so it's very possible that it won't be that hot anyway.

- My son will be 5 the end of August but he will be with his Mum so going to celebrate his birthday there – any ideas?

There is the birthday celebration at the Plaza Gardens restaurant, or you can order a chocolate birthday cake in the other table service restaurants. When you do this at Cafe Mickey, Mickey Mouse brings the cake to your table!

- Anyone used the Half-Board option? Any thoughts?

I haven't used them. However, I noticed that there are two half-board options, and it depends upon the hotel you're staying at which option you have. If you stay at the Santa Fe and want to eat at a more upscale restaurant, you're out of luck, so I would seriously think about it.
Also, if it turns out to be very hot during your stay, you might find yourself not that hungry, and then you're "stuck" with your halfboard.

- Can you still use the Planet Hollywood discount voucher from the Brit’s Guide, or is there a new Brit’s guide on the horizon?

No idea, I'm not Brittish, so I don't use their guide :rotfl2:

When you do this at Cafe Mickey, Mickey Mouse brings the cake to your table!
:confused3 When we were in CM it was a waiter who brought out the cake to a table near ours but about 5 characters who were in the room went over to dance etc.

:confused3 When we were in CM it was a waiter who brought out the cake to a table near ours but about 5 characters who were in the room went over to dance etc.

Well, I don't think Mickey can really carry the cake because of his big hands, but he was there when they brought out the cake. :)

Thanks again.

Looks like it's going to be Cafe Mickey, I've already promised my son that Mickey and Friends will be coming to his birthday party and he's all excited (nearly as much as I am!)

Thanks
John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter