Booked a Placeholder - Can I Still Transfer to a TA?

Ksquilter72

Earning My Ears
We just returned from a cruise and booked a "placeholder" for a future cruise. If I want to use a TA for that trip (likely two years from now), is that possible? There isn't a reservation number, so I can't transfer a specific trip to a TA. Anyone know how this works? Thanks!

When you were on the ship did you mention a TA on booking it?

On an OBB, you can name the TA from your current reservation or book direct yourself and transfer the reservation later. You cannot name a new or different TA during an Onboard Booking anymore

If you booked a cruise rather than a dummy you have to transfer it within thirty days.

If you booked a cruise rather than a dummy you have to transfer it within thirty days.

I was told that even the dummy must be transferred within 30 days . . . which is what became a problem for me. My TA (Costco) could not take a "dummy" booking. I could only transfer a "real" cruise. So, although I booked a dummy booking onboard, I had to switch it to a "real date" within the 30 days so that Costco could hold my res. I'm not sure if other TA's function like Costco, but if so the new dummy policy doesn't really help those of us who use TA's. Oh well.

Jodie

Yep, when I booked my placeholder two weeks ago, I was asked if I wanted to use the same TA. I said, no. I then inquired about transferring the booking to another TA. I was told that it had to be transferred within 30 days of the onboard booking.

Maybe Costco just doesn't have a system in place yet to deal with placeholders.....My placeholder bookings were assigned reservation numbers, but no specific dates or places, and were assigned to my TA. She said that she had a file where she kept placeholders and would retrieve the info (ressie #s) when we wree ready to commit to a specific cruise.

Maybe Costco just doesn't have a system in place yet to deal with placeholders.....My placeholder bookings were assigned reservation numbers, but no specific dates or places, and were assigned to my TA. She said that she had a file where she kept placeholders and would retrieve the info (ressie #s) when we wree ready to commit to a specific cruise.

You're probably right. Hopefully, they'll figure out a way to handle them eventually. Until then, we'll just keep booking a specific date.

Jodie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter