• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booked 4th of July at Disney - are we crazy?

I recommend doing the MK fireworks on the 3Rd. It'll still be busy but not as bad as on the 4th. Then you can go to another park on the 4th, I recommend DHS because they'll have special fireworks and they're awesome. But the MK 4th of July fireworks are my absolute favorite!!!! You'll have a great time!

I had someone else tell me this also about MK on the 3rd and DHS on the 4th! Are the fireworks at MK on the 3rd the same as the 4th?

We stayed at AoA from July 1-6 of this year. We didn't experience high crowds at all.
My only suggestion would be to avoid the parks on the 4th. We made it a sleep in/pool day. Then, had dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe and timed it to watch the fireworks out on the dock.
On the 3rd, MK had EMH from 1am to 3am, and it was dead. We were able to get on everything with little to no waits. We arrived in the park in the late afternoon, and stayed until closing.pixiedust:
So, don't worry, it will be GREAT!:cool1:
29 trips to Disney World and counting...next stop POFQ March 2014:joker:

Thanks for the tips! I'm waiting for the July calendar to come out on easywdw, so I can plan my parks and days! I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to avoid parks on the 4th, but I'm not sure where to watch fireworks that night if we do?

jewelsb said:
So I came across an unbelievable deal for airfare over 4th of July and couldn't pass it up - so we booked it! The problem is, I never really considered the crowd levels! Are we crazy? It's too late now, but what are we in for? We'll be there July 1st -9th and staying at Caribbean Beach. Is it best to stay away from the parks on the 4th? Or does anyone have a park recommendation for the 4th?

:confused3

I'm jealous. Have a great trip!

My family and I have been to WDW on July 4 week a few times. We always stay at Caribbean Beach - just sayin'. We LOVE it there!

July 4th can be busy but the times we were there, there were alot of people but nothing unmanageable. The fireworks at Magic Kingdom were amazing! So patriotic and cheerful....we had an awesome time - and I'm sure you will too. I've already started looking for August 2014 - my son is graduating high school this June and he loves it there as much as I do. Can we say 14-days at WDW....;)

Good for you that you got the nice deal on airfare. Happy planning the rest of the way!

We did July 4th week in 2012. On the 4th itself, we did Epcot. We went in at rope drop and stayed until midnight.

The things that made it easier for us, given the crowds and heat were two table service meals for lunch and dinner, so we had a cool place to go sit out of the sun for a couple of hours, and a midafternoon siesta in Innoventions. Yes, we went into Innoventions, found a quiet corner, sat on the floor and chilled out for an hour.

We went expecting high crowds and agreed ahead of time that if we managed to get into any rides, it would be bonus. We walked directly from rope drop to Soarin, which we rode with a short wait. After that we waited in a fairly lengthy line for Living with the Land. We rode Test Track with perhaps a 90 minute wait between dinner and the fireworks. Other than those 3 rides, we just enjoyed the park and people watched and shopped a bit around World Showcase. It was very hot and crowded, and it was not a day for riding every ride twice, but it was fun.

The fireworks display at Epcot was fantastic, we really enjoyed it.

We booked our 4th trip over the 4th. Love it. Yes-it's crowded and hot but the fireworks are amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter