book Thomson flights now or wait for Virgin

jono77

Earning My Ears
Hi all, looking at going back to OKW 14th aug-4th sept, 2012 ,4 persons in the one bedroom villa, went in aug 2009.
Complete orlando with 21 day ultimates are currently about £300 cheaper than disney direct.

The flights are the main sticking point, priced up with thomson into sanford from man, always flown with Virgin in past into MCO got the free transfer and picked up a car from disneys car care centre just for a week or so. the flights are coming out circa £3200 inclusive of baggage allowance, still steep at £40 per 23kg, will need an extra case on way home as well!!I would then have to hire a car from SAN to OKW, 3 weeks about £500ish, need a bigger car for the luggage, not an issue previously.I am expecting Virgin flights to be about £850-£900 on release for my dates, Do i wait for them to come out, is this a realistic figure or will they get more expensive.

paid £475 with opodo 17th aug 2009 for 17 nights for a virgin flight, Oh i wish!!

just priced up virgin flydrive for my dates circa £4000, thats 1k each for an economy flight!!!

We're in a similar situation. We want to go October/November 2012 and I'd love to be able to book flights so that I can properly start planning. Waiting for scheduled flights means I won't be able to start getting into the nitty gritty until December, so I had a look at Fly-Drive prices. By fiddling around with dates and avoiding October half-term the cheapest I could come up with was £700 odd for economy. As we all know, that's effectively the flight price as the free car hire isn't. Free, that is. Even at this late date, there are still a few M+M fares available for this October (when I looked they were £500 odd for economy and £915 for PE). So, I'm going to stick it out and take my chances later in the year.

We're in a similar situation. We want to go October/November 2012 and I'd love to be able to book flights so that I can properly start planning. Waiting for scheduled flights means I won't be able to start getting into the nitty gritty until December, so I had a look at Fly-Drive prices. By fiddling around with dates and avoiding October half-term the cheapest I could come up with was £700 odd for economy. As we all know, that's effectively the flight price as the free car hire isn't. Free, that is. Even at this late date, there are still a few M+M fares available for this October (when I looked they were £500 odd for economy and £915 for PE). So, I'm going to stick it out and take my chances later in the year.

What is an M + M fare?
Ta

I'm in the same situation, I really want to go next year, it's killing me that we can't go this summer, but we only went at Christmas so I shouldn't complain.
I keep getting the tempting emails from Disney and Complete Orlando, but in all honesty if I can't get flights for less than £700pp I won't be able to afford it.
If I thought I could come across fllights for around £500 when they are released, I would book the OKW free dining 2012 offer now, but I'm just too scared to risk it :(

I have kept my eyes open on prices for this summer, but haven't seen any for less than £700 which is what is worrying me, but then again, I'm a complete novice at DIY and I'm probably not looking in the right places :s

Good luck with the search!

What is an M + M fare?
Ta

Miles plus Money fares with Virgin.:thumbsup2

When you have accumulated "miles" by flying with them, they offer ways in which you can use the miles to reduce the cost of your flights/ or pay for the entire flight. Only available on certain dates though, from what I could see.

I'm hoping to do it this way in 2012 as the prices just now are SO ridiculous. I would normally have booked a couple of months ago but I'm having to sit tight. It's killing me!!!:lmao:

Miles plus Money fares with Virgin.:thumbsup2

When you have accumulated "miles" by flying with them, they offer ways in which you can use the miles to reduce the cost of your flights/ or pay for the entire flight. Only available on certain dates though, from what I could see.

I'm hoping to do it this way in 2012 as the prices just now are SO ridiculous. I would normally have booked a couple of months ago but I'm having to sit tight. It's killing me!!!:lmao:

Its killing me too!!! So many of us on here in same situation - waiting to book but need cheaper flights. I am wasting hours planning my meals and days but I think I'll go mad if I have to wait til Sep to book!

Can I join this Club!!!!!

I am pricing up a WDW August 12 too, although would like to add on a Disney Cruise to the end of it.

Thanks to Wayne on the boards, I have got the hotel price cheaper than Virgin were quoting with flights (flights were over £3,000 for 2A 1CH(7)).

I know that flights will no way be in the region of £1,000 each, but do I go with the Thomson, wait for Virgin, or even wait to see if my Airmiles will help us!

I want to take advantage of the offers too, but like you, not sure if I am 'brave' enough!

What to do?!!:confused3

If I thought I could come across fllights for around £500 when they are released, I would book the OKW free dining 2012 offer now, but I'm just too scared to risk it :(

This is exactly the same as us! We've been twice in May but this time as DD will have started school we want to try and go in October, incorporating half-term too. No idea what VA usually charge for October flights but VH prices - considering we are 17 months out - are higher than we thought.

just had a quote from Charter travel, £850 with Virgin, a contracted fair not guarenteed but likley to be the same price, was expecting that kind of figure, from MAN into MCO.

mmmmmm dont know what to do

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter