Book Stovall's - will I regret distance to/from parks?

tikibirds

Mouseketeer
Extremely excited to be going back to DL for the first time in 6 years! Past visits I have stayed at the GC, DL Hotel, Candy Cane Inn and the Hilton.

As much as I would love to stay on property this time, it is not in the budget (unless a great discount shows up between now and the trip). I booked Stovall's, as I like the look of the rooms after the remodel (have an issue with the whole flowered bedspread theming - just not my thing - like a more modern look/feel) and there is a continental breakfast.

My question is - will I regret how far it is from the main gate (we will be there 5 nights)? Are there other properties closer that might be a better option?

Thanks for your help!

Have you considered Best Western Park Place Inn? It's as close as you can get. They also provide a continental breakfast.

It's not an aweful distance, you can cut some time going through the GCH. It's going to be quicker than the Hilton, which may help you feel better.

Have you considered Best Western Park Place Inn? It's as close as you can get. They also provide a continental breakfast.

Just checked that out - I'm thinking that may be a better option - thanks for the suggestion!

Would love to hear any other opinions - thanks!

We stayed at Stovall's last time with our 2-year old daughter. It is a bit of a walk, but we walked it round-trip twice each day for 5-days. We did it twice each day because we needed to get her back for her afternoon nap. Despite it's distance, the walk is actually pretty nice.

We're going again this September but we're staying at a closer hotel that's also super budget. Won't be as nice of a walk, but it will be shorter. You also have the option of taking the Disneyland bus that stops near there instead of walking.

I've stayed at Stovall's lots of times; the walk isn't that bad unless it's during a heatwave (but then, ANY walk seems long & miserable to me then) or when one isn't feeling well. You can take the shortcut through the GCH lobby or if you don't want to walk, the ART bus picks up/drops off right out front.

On my last multiday trip in February, I stayed at Best Western Park Place Inn & I won't lie, I much preferred the under-5-min. walk to the walk or bus ride from Stovall's.

Don't know who you're booking through, but I've found that the official Best Western website usually has the best deals; often there's a pay-in-advance option that'll knock a significant amount of $ off of your reservation price. Here's the link: http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/priceAvail.do?stdRateFlag=false

So...here's a question for those that have stayed at Stovall's...

Wouldn't it make sense to walk up to DGC and cut through the lobby, rather than walk around?

So...here's a question for those that have stayed at Stovall's...

Wouldn't it make sense to walk up to DGC and cut through the lobby, rather than walk around?
Once you're actually at Stovall's, this route is the natural choice. the walk to DGC is pretty all by itself and when you come out from the DGC lobby, you get to walk through a bit of Downtown Disney, which gets you in the mood before you actually arrive at the gates.

Once you're actually at Stovall's, this route is the natural choice. the walk to DGC is pretty all by itself and when you come out from the DGC lobby, you get to walk through a bit of Downtown Disney, which gets you in the mood before you actually arrive at the gates.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter