Book now, or wait?

FutureDis

Mouseketeer
Gah... We are planning on doing Disney next June, and leaning heavily toward staying at the Swan for the first time. We usually stay at a value or moderate as we don't spend a ton of time at the resort. This time, we want something close to the parks, and that we can enjoy a "break" day mid week, without breaking the bank. Normally I'd wait until January timeframe to see what discounts might come out, but I'm unsure if that is the right approach this year. Do discount packages usually include the Swan? I'd love to get free dining package, but chances of that are slim. Prices for the Swam look pretty good right now... are they likely to go up if I wait? Anyone have some insight to share?

Thanks!

Book now, you can always cancel if a better offer comes out! At least you have somewhere to stay at a price you are willing to pay, locked in. Plus you get deluxe resort benefits at the Swan, which you would not at a moderate. And I doubt there will be any free dining for quite some time, Disney is having zero issues right now filling rooms at rack or near rack rate.

The Swan is non-refundable by default, and you have to pay extra to book it as refundable (I would). I know with a normal Disney resort, if a discount comes out later you can rebook, but I don't know if that is the case with the Swan. Anyone know how that works??

The Swan is non-refundable by default, and you have to pay extra to book it as refundable (I would). I know with a normal Disney resort, if a discount comes out later you can rebook, but I don't know if that is the case with the Swan. Anyone know how that works??
I just book a new reservation and cancel the old one.

The Swan will not be included in any WDW resort discounts - it is not a WDW resort. Your best bet for a good price on the Swan is to book directly through the Marriott site. I would consider joining Marriott Bonvoy to get a slightly better price. As PP noted, on the Marriott site, you will have the choice of booking a refundable, non-refundable and "package" price. We always choose refundable. If you see a good price now, I would book it as Swan/Dolphin uses dynamic pricing and the prices will go up as more people book. For more info, I would look at the dedicated Swan/Dolphin thread on the DIS.

If you are a Costco member - they have packages for the Swan/Dolphin that are usually pretty good - you have to pay for the tickets up front and they will be non-refundable but the room portion will be refundable, plus the Costco package will include the resort fee. I have called and was told the Costco 2023 packages should be coming out at the end of September or first part of October.

If you are a Costco member - they have packages for the Swan/Dolphin that are usually pretty good - you have to pay for the tickets up front and they will be non-refundable but the room portion will be refundable, plus the Costco package will include the resort fee. I have called and was told the Costco 2023 packages should be coming out at the end of September or first part of October.
Agreed. The Costco packages often include a room upgrade, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter