• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Book now or wait?

queenofhartz

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! DH and I are planning a trip to Disneyworld in late February/early March (probably late February). We would like to stay at the Poly or the GF. I was hoping that Disney would release some discount codes, but I have not seen any thus far (I realize it may be a bit early yet).

Anyways, I was wondering if I should go ahead and make reservations now or wait and make reservations if/when the discount codes are released?

Can I add the discount code at a later date if they do release a code that fits my travel dates?

Thanks!

That is what I did for this trip. I booked just a room first when the rates came out and once the pkg prices were released I canceled the room and reserved under a pkg. Then I found a discount code from watching the board and was able to apply that ;)

That said I have never stayed at a Deluxe so I am not sure if the discounted rooms are limited or if that even matters :confused3

late FEB will still have Presidents week crowds plus alot of Spring breakers. You might consider Beg of March, before Easter?

always_learning: thanks for the information! that's probably what I will do too then. i would hate to wait too long and then miss out on getting a package at all. :)

disneyfan2-thanks for the suggestion!! :thumbsup2 actually, i was kinda wondering about that. at first, i was sure we were going to visit in february, but then i looked at the calendar, noticed President's Day, and decided to rethink it. so, maybe I'll start looking at march more.....

It's value season through February 13th at the Disney resorts and then peak season beginning February 14th. If you can plan your trip in those first two weeks you'll save a lot of money and you won't face near as big of crowds!:thumbsup2

Also, you might want to contact your travel agent to book the trip for you. One thing I do for my clients is to "code watch" their vacations - so when a code/special is released I'll automatically rebook the trip for my clients so they don't have to worry about it - they know they're getting the best rate available from Disney when they go no matter when they book the trip.:)

Enjoy and have fun planning!

Last three years I have been at the end of Feb/beginning of March and it has gotten more and more crowded each year. There is President's Day, Nascar, Daytona, college spring breaks, always some kind of competition, and remember Easter is early this year. We always have a good time and it is not as crowded as Christmas, Easter week, or the July 4. But it will not be as empty as Sept or Jan. We are going again this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter