Book now or later? DI&S?

todzwife

<font color=darkorchid>There's nothing worse than
Rooms JUST opened up for the time frame we are planning to go (Nov16-22) but it's $30 more per night than when we stayed there 2 years ago. I'm wondering if the price might drop or if it's just more now and I should go ahead and get it before it goes up.

Suggestions? It's still 10 months out but I don't want to lose out on the best rate possible...

I've always booked DI&S around 8 months out and always get a smokin' deal.

I might be tempted to wait an keep an eye on the rates to see if you can get a better deal.

Rooms JUST opened up for the time frame we are planning to go (Nov16-22) but it's $30 more per night than when we stayed there 2 years ago. I'm wondering if the price might drop or if it's just more now and I should go ahead and get it before it goes up. Suggestions? It's still 10 months out but I don't want to lose out on the best rate possible...

What is the cancellation / price match policy if the rates go lower will they allow you to cancel and re book or price match the new rate if so then I would just book now and keep and eye on prices

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'd book now and then ask for rate adjustment if you see it come up lower before travel.

We are going the exact same days this year and are going to stay at DI&S I think I will book within the next 2 months.

So DI&S website says that they are a Good Neighbor hotel but Disney travel company does not have them listed as a Good Neighbor option. Weird...

I booked at DI&S in August 2013 for my May 2014 trip. Since then the rates for my May dates have gone up by $18/night. I've watched their rates closely for about a year now as I was trying to decide what time of year we would book our trip, they are certainly higher than they were in 2012, but almost every hotel is.

I've never seen rates at DI&S go down, but I suppose if they did you could cancel and re-book at the better rate.

A lot has changed in the last two years - $30 does not sound like much considering the economy is better and Carsland opened.

I know we are paying a lot more at the HOJO for our kids suite this year and last than we did in 2012.

I'd book right away. I think their rates start at their lowest and then gradually go up as they fill up. At least that's how it's seemed over the past year or so that I've been "stalking" the DLR area hotel websites.

About the Good Neighbor Hotel listing... I noticed that a while ago. I predict that they were at one point, and never bothered to take the listing off their website. I've guessed that it costs money to be a Good Neighbor hotel and the DI&S has figured that they don't need to pay the fees to keep their hotel full since their rates are so good. Of course, saying you're a Good Neighbor Hotel when you're not is kinda' bratty, IMO...

I know we are paying a lot more at the HOJO for our kids suite this year and last than we did in 2012.

Unfortunatley one of the reasons we passed them up this year also. The rate for 2dbls is up almost $70 per night (also in 2012). But that adds up for a weeks stay!

I would book now as well. If the prices drop you can rebook and cancel the other ressie. It has been my experience with DI&S that, as previous posters mentioned, the rates start out at their lowest and increase the more reservations they get. I have stayed here about 6 times in the last 4 years and have never seen the prices drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter