• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

book now and change if code comes along?

kakiax

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I am sure I've seen this answer but thought I'd double check...I am helping my niece plan her honeymoon trip in Aug....she really want's AKL but of course, not codes yet for then. If she books room only now and a code does become available can she apply? Anyone recall ballpark discounts in Aug. Last time we did aug it was on the pay for 4 get 7 deal!

Thanks!

Kim

I say book it now just to make sure the room they want is reserved. If and when the discount code come out, then apply the discount to your existing ressie.

My suggestion is to book the room that they can afford just in case the discount doesn't come out.

I agree with Fantasia. Don't plan on getting a discount - so book what you can afford. We've always booked a long way in advance and then applied codes when they've come out, so hopefully it will work for you.

Oh yes. Booking is most important. Since you can change codes everyday, if you like, there is no problem there. First and formost, you want to make sure you have the room. :disrocks: :shamrock:

I agree with Fantasia's advice. I always book what I can afford when I start planning, if a code comes out then I upgrade. :)

That's what I did. I booked POP first and when Sis got a code, we booked the part of our stay at POR with her and back to POP for remainder. Still hoping for a code for that part of trip. :flower3:

If she has a AAA card, she can get a discount with that right now.

We have a ressie for Pop in June with the AAA discount, but am hoping other codes come out. It is just nice to know we have a room no matter what happens. If no codes come, we will still be there.

DJ

Yep, book what you can afford now! I too want AKL - but decided I wanted my dates more (in Oct!) so I called, and AKL Standard is all booked for my dates :( (I dont want to pay for the view with the 250+ price) so I booked a moderate, and I'm just debating what I want to do with it!! I mean I think I'm going to keep checking on Standard View AKL, or I may just close my eyes and try and rent points from a DVC member... still debating, I'll decide as soon as my tax return comes in!!

:wizard:

We did the same, booked the BC way back last August for our May 05 trip, just to be sure to secure a room. We are okay with the pricing (book what you can afford with no discounts!) but of course are crossing our fingers for a code , so we have extra for more shopping :teeth:

westjones said:
If she has a AAA card, she can get a discount with that right now.

DJ

Fully agree :wave2:
I booked two rooms at POR with the AAA discount. It took care of the 11.5% tax plus a little more. :) If other codes come out I will apply them to the ressie. Best part is I know that I have the rooms. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter