Book Insurance...then Change Date??

shburks

DIS Veteran
So, if I book insurance for my newly booked October 26 cruise and then need to change the date, does that make my insurance null/void? How does that work?

So, if I book insurance for my newly booked October 26 cruise and then need to change the date, does that make my insurance null/void? How does that work?
Depends on the insurance company. If you buy through DCL, they don't purchase your insurance until you're paid in full, anyways, so they'd just 'transfer' it to your new cruise.

If you buy from an outside insurance company, check with them before you buy (so you know what your options are). Most will allow you to change the insurance to cover a new vacation if you cancel or change the original trip. Some will allow multiple changes, some will allow only one change. If you think that's a possibility, check first. If you bought quickly in order to qualify for a pre-existing condition waiver, make sure you switch the insurance within that same timeframe after you make the change (ie, if you bought within 14 days of your first deposit to get the PECW, then inform your insurance company about the cruise date change within 14 days of making the change in order to keep your PECW.)

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter