Book Insurance...then Change Date??

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by shburks, Feb 4, 2013.

1. shburks

shburks DIS Veteran

So, if I book insurance for my newly booked October 26 cruise and then need to change the date, does that make my insurance null/void? How does that work?

2. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel Moderator

Depends on the insurance company. If you buy through DCL, they don't purchase your insurance until you're paid in full, anyways, so they'd just 'transfer' it to your new cruise.

If you buy from an outside insurance company, check with them before you buy (so you know what your options are). Most will allow you to change the insurance to cover a new vacation if you cancel or change the original trip. Some will allow multiple changes, some will allow only one change. If you think that's a possibility, check first. If you bought quickly in order to qualify for a pre-existing condition waiver, make sure you switch the insurance within that same timeframe after you make the change (ie, if you bought within 14 days of your first deposit to get the PECW, then inform your insurance company about the cruise date change within 14 days of making the change in order to keep your PECW.)

Sayhello