• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Book and Cancel or hold out...help! I'm officially confused!

Jessfromjersey

Earning My Ears
Taking my family of 4 (dh, me, dd4, ds1) to Disney...staying onsite at Pop, and will be using the DDP. Here's the question.... Should I make a ressie for Sept/October with fingers crossed for free dining? If free dining isnt offered in Sept/Oct.(dates are pretty flexible) we will wait until May with hopes of a decent room discount. I want to maximize the discount for the trip....so its a no brainer to go during free dining. Should I make the reservation and ADRs then cancel if free dining isnt offered? Or should I hold out for the next announcement of promotions....even if its in my 180 day range? Help! Don't know what to do!!

I don't have any advice, but just wanted to say I am in the same boat:) We are also planning to go in October, and I really need a good discount or free dining. Keeping my fingers crossed for free dining, but it feels like forever to wait and see if it comes out!!

I don't have any advice, but just wanted to say I am in the same boat:) We are also planning to go in October, and I really need a good discount or free dining. Keeping my fingers crossed for free dining, but it feels like forever to wait and see if it comes out!!

Im glad someone else is in the same boat! In the past there has been some good discounts during this time, so here's to hoping for some is year! We had planned on going in May but when I brought up FD to my dh, he agreed to go in Septnif we could get it. If there is no fd or no serious discount we will have to wait until the Spring like we originally planned.

Good luck to you too! :thumbsup2

i was worried about the same thing. i called disney and talked to a cm who assured me that if disney dining came available, as long as they still had room for reservations when i called that my reservation could be easily switched as long as it wasn't within 45 days of my original planned trip. I am booked for August 26-31st in hope of free dining, but i am flexible to move it back a week. :) Call and double check! I hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter