• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boo to You & Turning 2! Oct 2012 PTR *NEW* 10/30 We're Back! TR Link Posted!!

Welcome Home!

I am so very sorry to hear about your parent's house. That must be devastating. I really hope the recovery efforts go well and they are able to put their life back together quickly. I am also so sorry this is effecting your October plans. I really hope there is a way they can still go with you. Please keep us posted. :hug:

Thanks so much. I think my mom is moving forward with the idea of them coming with us in 2013 because they still have SO much to do on the house. So while I'm disappointed just since we have been planning this trip for so long, I know they need to get their lives in order before they can even think about vacation!

so sorry to hear they had so much damage and that it looks like they won't be on your WDW trip with you but Disney will always be there :thumbsup2 I pray it doesn't take too much time/effort/money to fix and replace what they've lost. I'm going to try and catch up on your other DLR TR today if work allows me to and then I'll head over to the new one. :faint::rotfl:

You're absolutely right, and that's what I already told my mom yesterday. Disney will always be there, and we will always be going! :rotfl:

Haha Just call this my "Year of a Million Disney Trips"

OMG!! I have been worried about all you folks with that storm coming....I am so sorry to hear about what your parents have been going through. I hope that they get themselves cleaned up and back into their home safe and sound soon!!!! :hug:

Thanks so much! They are working on the house all day every day, so hopefully they will get it back in order soon. My mom is now starting to think about what things she wants to change since the house is getting a major renovation now, especially the kitchen!

I'm so sorry to hear of the storm damage to your parents home! I'm happy that they and their pets made it out Ok, and I hope that the clean-up goes quickly. Its tough that they might have to miss the trip, and I know that you guys were really looking forward to having them along. Hopefully you'll be able to plan a re-do trip sometime soon!

Headed over to your TR!

Well, we already know we are going in 2013 so they are pretty much planning that to be our "re-do" trip! At least we already had that trip in mind because my mom is really disappointed to not be able to come this year. At least it gives her something to look forward to though!

I'm so sorry to hear about your parents home. I'm glad that they were able to make it out okay and to be able to save their keepsakes and cherished items. I hope they will be able to join you on your trip. If not just try your best to lift their spirits and look forward to your 2013 trip.

I hope your DL trip was a blast, I'm sure it was. I am going to go over and subscribe to it now:thumbsup2

Thanks so much. :goodvibes Now that the initial shock has worn off, I think they are realizing how much they do still have and how much could have been lost if they weren't there to start picking things up and getting things off the ground.

Look forward to seeing you on the DL thread. :thumbsup2

Until having a baby, especially one with an October birthday, I have NEVER been so excited about Halloween as I have been this year and last! Our Halloween decorations for the house were all hand-me-downs from my mom, but I have been looking to add to our collection so we can celebrate the month of October for both Halloween and DS's birthday.

While DH and I were in Disneyland, we started shopping their Halloween merchandise and found a lot of stuff we wanted. But with us each only having a carry-on suitcase and a backpack, we didn't have a lot of room to bring things home. So we took pictures of the stuff we liked and checked online to see what they had at the Disney Store that we could have shipped home. I did end up buying one thing while there, a shirt.

IMG_2068.jpg

Once we got home, we purchased a couple of the other things we had seen. Two of them came in already, the third was a last minute thing we decided to add onto another order we were making already.

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

halloweenflag.jpg

The one on the way :goodvibes

The only drawback to it almost being October is it's going to be an EXPENSIVE month! Disney trip, birthday party (which I have dove into planning for, and I'm having so much fun!), plus a costume, which are not cheap unfortunately although I did manage to find a couple of acceptable ones at a decent price.

The hardest part of buying him a costume this year is that the choices for toddlers are so limited! Tons to choose from when he was an infant. If you don't remember, here's a picture of him as a lion last year.

IMG_0237.jpg

The ones for "toddlers" I'm finding are mostly 3T or 4T which will absolutely swallow him, and the infant/toddler ones almost all have attached foot covers which will not be good for him this year as I expect he will do a lot more walking this year than he did last year.

These are the two I have come up with so far that both DH and I could agree on. What do y'all think?

grover-2-costume.jpg

Super Grover 2.0

piratecostume.jpg

Pirate​

Next year, at least, he will be old enough to look through a catalog of Halloween costumes and pick one himself! He is really into trains and Thomas the Tank Engine right now, but those costumes are absolutely awful, so no for that unfortunately.

Just a quick note on my parents, they are making great progress on their house! Last week, I went on Tuesday to help my mom finish packing stuff up while my dad and sister were ripping out sheet rock. A friend from high school sent me a text that morning asking if my sister might like a job (she works for Vitamin Water sampling at events), then asked if my parents could use any Powerade or Vitamin Water while they were working. I was surprised at the offer because she and I have not talked in a long time, but sure enough, she showed up in her huge Vitamin Water van and gave my parents Powerade and Vitamin Water by the case and bags of ice, plus she stayed awhile to hand it out to other people in the neighborhood and even people just driving down the street. She said her work has them on disaster detail just handing drinks out to people who need. It was such a wonderful thing for her to do! We were still working that day with no power just a generator so that we had lights and fans, but they finally got their power back Wednesday which made the work much more comfortable to do!

Anyway, DH spent the whole weekend there and they finished tearing out the rest of the sheet rock and all of the floors, kitchen cabinets, and sink cabinets. They are putting up the new sheet rock themselves but they have a friend who will do the mud and spray the popcorn stuff on it, and will be putting in their new floors for them. My mom is finally looking positively at things instead of breaking down and having anxiety attacks like she was early last week. I think now that she is seeing things happen, she is finally seeing a speck of that light at the end of the tunnel! Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

Up next, posting the next day's plans!

Thursday October 25th

Another rope drop morning for us, this time at...

0054.jpg

Depending on what we were able to accomplish on our AK afternoon will kind of direct what we will be doing this morning. Possibly we can grab some FPs for Everest and probably do the Safari, then spend the morning exploring the animal trails and maybe going to Rafiki's Planet Watch, something I have STILL never done.

0119.jpg

Rafikis-Planet-Watch.jpg

And since we missed it last time, hopefully we can catch one of the first couple of showings of our favorite WDW stage show, Festival of the Lion King! I think DS would have enjoyed it last time, but it just didn't fit into our AK day. Now I definitely think he will love the acrobatics and songs.

IMG_1616.jpg

Sometime in the early afternoon, we will head back to Bonnet Creek for a nap and maybe a swim. In the evening we will be revisiting Epcot to spend some more time walking the World Showcase and riding the boat rides. Hopefully we are not on a boat full of crying babies on the Gran Fiesta Tour again!

Photo0420FourBySix.jpg

Maybe we will try out one of the Agent P missions too since DS is a bit of an Agent P freak, although I don't know if he will be interested in the mission as much as DH and I will. :rolleyes1

Depending on how the evening goes and how tired we are, I'd really love to walk over for some sundaes at Beaches and Cream that night.

nowayjose.jpg

Possibly we can cap off the night with IllumiNations that will depend entirely on DS's mood. IllumiNations is one I can take or leave on a Disney trip, so if we miss it this time, no big deal.

And that will be the end of Day 6...almost to the end of the trip already!

Is that the No Way Jose sundae? :faint: We're going to go there for lunch on one of our Epcot days. Kris specifically requested it. I took him there for ice cream during our 2010 trip.

I vote Super Grover! Too cute. Plus everybody dresses up as pirates. He can stand out this way. ;)

Your spider Mickey shirt is cute too! Is yours shiny? Mine is.

I'm glad your parents are doing better!

I'm glad that things seem to be moving along with your parents' home. It has to be tough, but I'm sure that having some help means a lot to them and hopefully seeing some progress being made with make them feel better about everything.

Maybe we will try out one of the Agent P missions too since DS is a bit of an Agent P freak, although I don't know if he will be interested in the mission as much as DH and I will. :rolleyes1
I completely understand the sentiment. I even have the Where's my Perry game downloaded on my phone, and it isn't for DS.

Sounds like a fun AK day planned!

One tip I learned from one of the CMs at Rafiki's Planet Watch during our last visit. They usually have a vet procedure in the morning in the procedure observation room where visitor can watch from behind the glass. She told me that the guest services at AK usually are updated each morning of any procedures planned and to check in with them. It's usually before 11am so depending on what the rest of your touring plan looks like, you may or may not be able to fit it in. If you can find an opening between Safari and FotLK, it may be worth the train trip! :thumbsup2

First of all I'm glad things are moving in the right direction for your parents. I know its going to be a tough road for the next few months, but at least they have been able to find some positives in a bad situation.

Also I got a good laugh out of your costume dilemma, because we're going through the same thing around here. I hear you on the Thomas costumes, they are pretty awful, but that might just be what we're going to have to go with, because there is no way DS would wear anything with a hat or hood. I don't know if I could even get him to wear the Thomas smock, but maybe if I threaten him with no candy, he'll see the light! :lmao: Good luck with the choice, but for what its worth, I think the super grover is really cute! :goodvibes

I also think you guys have a great day planned! I love AK and I think Paxton will really enjoy FotLK and Rafiki's planet watch. I'll keep my fingers crossed for no crying babies at Mexico and there really is nothing better than ending a day with ice cream, especially a No Way Jose!

That T-shirt is so cute. I am not a big T-shirt fan, but that's adorable!

Paxton looks so cute in his Lion costume. I definitely like your choices for this year. They are both great. Tough decision.

Great park plans. Love AK!!!!!

Is that the No Way Jose sundae? :faint: We're going to go there for lunch on one of our Epcot days. Kris specifically requested it. I took him there for ice cream during our 2010 trip.

I vote Super Grover! Too cute. Plus everybody dresses up as pirates. He can stand out this way. ;)

Your spider Mickey shirt is cute too! Is yours shiny? Mine is.

I'm glad your parents are doing better!

Yes, it's a No Way Jose, the one reason I want to eat at Beaches & Cream! Once I read the description it was :love: Hopefully we make it there one of these days!

The shirt has a little glitter to it but not much. And it has a spiderweb on the shoulder that I couldn't catch in the picture.

Looks like from the replies here, Super Grover is in the lead!

I'm glad that things seem to be moving along with your parents' home. It has to be tough, but I'm sure that having some help means a lot to them and hopefully seeing some progress being made with make them feel better about everything.

I completely understand the sentiment. I even have the Where's my Perry game downloaded on my phone, and it isn't for DS.

They have really had the whole family rallying behind them to help get things cleaned up, same as they would have done for anyone else, and that is definitely helping!

Ooh, I'll have to check out that game. :thumbsup2

Sounds like a fun AK day planned!

One tip I learned from one of the CMs at Rafiki's Planet Watch during our last visit. They usually have a vet procedure in the morning in the procedure observation room where visitor can watch from behind the glass. She told me that the guest services at AK usually are updated each morning of any procedures planned and to check in with them. It's usually before 11am so depending on what the rest of your touring plan looks like, you may or may not be able to fit it in. If you can find an opening between Safari and FotLK, it may be worth the train trip! :thumbsup2

I would love to see one of the vet procedures...I wonder if DS would "allow" us to watch that? Maybe we could at least time our visit there to TRY to see a procedure, and if not we'll just go to the petting zoo instead. :rotfl: Thanks for reminding me of that! Maybe we can go right after our Safari ride and then catch FotLK after that?

First of all I'm glad things are moving in the right direction for your parents. I know its going to be a tough road for the next few months, but at least they have been able to find some positives in a bad situation.

Also I got a good laugh out of your costume dilemma, because we're going through the same thing around here. I hear you on the Thomas costumes, they are pretty awful, but that might just be what we're going to have to go with, because there is no way DS would wear anything with a hat or hood. I don't know if I could even get him to wear the Thomas smock, but maybe if I threaten him with no candy, he'll see the light! :lmao: Good luck with the choice, but for what its worth, I think the super grover is really cute! :goodvibes

I also think you guys have a great day planned! I love AK and I think Paxton will really enjoy FotLK and Rafiki's planet watch. I'll keep my fingers crossed for no crying babies at Mexico and there really is nothing better than ending a day with ice cream, especially a No Way Jose!

I am a little unsure too of Paxton will wear a hat...he seems to like wearing them when he's playing, but of course just because I want him to, that will probably be a different story! Although I was surprised how well he did with the lion head on, so who knows?

That No Way Jose looks divine! Definitely a great way to end ANY day!!

That T-shirt is so cute. I am not a big T-shirt fan, but that's adorable!

Paxton looks so cute in his Lion costume. I definitely like your choices for this year. They are both great. Tough decision.

Great park plans. Love AK!!!!!

I hemmed and hawed over buying it because I usually like fitted shirts better and this one is a little loose, but I think for a shirt I can only wear one month out of the year it will be fine. :rotfl:

Glad to hear things are getting better with your parents' house. What a sweet and thoughtful thing for your friend to do by bringing the water and handing it out!

Those Halloween decorations are getting me excited for shopping this trip...I don't think DH realizes how much we may be bringing home with us this time...:rolleyes1

I am so sorry about your parents. I saw that update and could have sworn I commented but apparently not. I'm sorry. I'm glad to hear things are looking up though!

I hear you on the Halloween stuff, though I think next year I'll be even more excited about it! It sure is fun dressing Aria up though. I LOVE the pirates one, though the pirate league would be fun (maybe he is still too young to do that though!). Sorry to hear the toddler costume world isn't very big. I've had fun on etsy and with disney princesses...lol...that isn't very helpful for you though!

Your day 6 sounds fantastic, what fun that you can start thinking about shows and such that we will actually ENJOY (vs. will he sit through it without screaming haha). It makes me so excited for even more future trips with Aria as she gets older.

Can't wait to hear about birthday plans as well! WHen is his party scheduled for?! I have NO IDEA what we will do for Aria's. End of January, may just do it at our house but that doesn't sound very exciting...LOL..

Glad to hear things are getting better with your parents' house. What a sweet and thoughtful thing for your friend to do by bringing the water and handing it out!

Those Halloween decorations are getting me excited for shopping this trip...I don't think DH realizes how much we may be bringing home with us this time...:rolleyes1

:rotfl: They have a LOT of cute Halloween stuff! Like I said, never liked Halloween all that much, but now having an almost-Halloween baby it is my second favorite holiday! And Mickey Halloween stuff is even better than regular Halloween stuff. :thumbsup2

I am so sorry about your parents. I saw that update and could have sworn I commented but apparently not. I'm sorry. I'm glad to hear things are looking up though!

I hear you on the Halloween stuff, though I think next year I'll be even more excited about it! It sure is fun dressing Aria up though. I LOVE the pirates one, though the pirate league would be fun (maybe he is still too young to do that though!). Sorry to hear the toddler costume world isn't very big. I've had fun on etsy and with disney princesses...lol...that isn't very helpful for you though!

Your day 6 sounds fantastic, what fun that you can start thinking about shows and such that we will actually ENJOY (vs. will he sit through it without screaming haha). It makes me so excited for even more future trips with Aria as she gets older.

Can't wait to hear about birthday plans as well! WHen is his party scheduled for?! I have NO IDEA what we will do for Aria's. End of January, may just do it at our house but that doesn't sound very exciting...LOL..

Yeah, I think he would not want to sit for a Pirates League makeover or grasp what is going on at this age, although I did consider it! We will more than likely be taking another Halloween trip next year, so maybe then.

There are SO many cute girl toddler costumes! I doubt you will have an issue, but for boys, the selection stinks.

Re: the bolded... :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 One of the many reasons I am SUPER excited about this trip! I can't wait to see him actually enjoy things instead of just making it through them. We got a glimpse of that on our DL trip at 18 months but there are not many shows in DL. I'm looking forward to seeing how differently he reacts to things he did last year and to new things. Like he LOVES Beauty & the Beast right now, so I'm really hoping he will love the stage show this year!

We did his birthday party at home last year and again this year, mostly because it will be all family attending. Once it is more kids/friends, we'll definitely need a change of venue! It's going to be on the 6th of October this year because it's the only other weekend I'm off that month since we will be in Disney for my other weekend off. So it's kind of far away from his actual birthday, but I figure spending his birthday in Magic Kingdom will make up for that. :goodvibes I finally got our cake vendor lined up and if this cake turns out anywhere close to the inspiration picture I sent her, it's going to be amazing!! I just wish I could find regular Mickey decorations and supplies...all I can find is MMCH!

Great updates! I fell behind for a few of them, but am caught up now (and headed over to your DL TR in just a sec).

Those 2 costume choices are super cute! And I love your Halloween stuff :thumbsup2

Make sure to get to Festival of the Lion King...the indications are pretty strong that it will be closing early in 2013. No word on if or when it will re-open, but this appears to be preparation for Pandora/Avatar. We will be very upset if it doesn't return.

:rotfl: They have a LOT of cute Halloween stuff! Like I said, never liked Halloween all that much, but now having an almost-Halloween baby it is my second favorite holiday! And Mickey Halloween stuff is even better than regular Halloween stuff. :thumbsup2

Yeah, I think he would not want to sit for a Pirates League makeover or grasp what is going on at this age, although I did consider it! We will more than likely be taking another Halloween trip next year, so maybe then.

There are SO many cute girl toddler costumes! I doubt you will have an issue, but for boys, the selection stinks.

Re: the bolded... :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 One of the many reasons I am SUPER excited about this trip! I can't wait to see him actually enjoy things instead of just making it through them. We got a glimpse of that on our DL trip at 18 months but there are not many shows in DL. I'm looking forward to seeing how differently he reacts to things he did last year and to new things. Like he LOVES Beauty & the Beast right now, so I'm really hoping he will love the stage show this year!

We did his birthday party at home last year and again this year, mostly because it will be all family attending. Once it is more kids/friends, we'll definitely need a change of venue! It's going to be on the 6th of October this year because it's the only other weekend I'm off that month since we will be in Disney for my other weekend off. So it's kind of far away from his actual birthday, but I figure spending his birthday in Magic Kingdom will make up for that. :goodvibes I finally got our cake vendor lined up and if this cake turns out anywhere close to the inspiration picture I sent her, it's going to be amazing!! I just wish I could find regular Mickey decorations and supplies...all I can find is MMCH!

LOL Sorry I am so clueless about any other kids age besides Aria's, really. I don't have much experience with kids so just didn't really know if he could do the Pirate's League. I generally go by age ranges LOL, as BBB only does 3+...so I guess that's when Aria will attend! :goodvibes

I truly hope I get to see Aria seemingly enjoy things - like how much Paxton enjoyed CP character interactions, or some of the rides or whatnot. I noticed at the Renaissance Faire that she is pretty quiet and kind of just likes to take everything in, instead of laughing and giggling at everything, so I hope she does a little of that at Disney and does enjoy herself.

Oooh that's awesome you are going through a great bakery. Sorry didn't meant to sound mean about having the party at home, it really does make the most sense esp when they are so little, and it is what we'll probably do, but it would be fun to think of other places too. I think October birthdays are great, way better than middle of the stinking winter ones...hahaha...but then again my bday is the 5th!!.

Great updates! I fell behind for a few of them, but am caught up now (and headed over to your DL TR in just a sec).

Those 2 costume choices are super cute! And I love your Halloween stuff :thumbsup2

Welcome back! I still haven't decided on a costume yet, but I guess I still have some time before Halloween. Just have to get it ordered before our trip!

Make sure to get to Festival of the Lion King...the indications are pretty strong that it will be closing early in 2013. No word on if or when it will re-open, but this appears to be preparation for Pandora/Avatar. We will be very upset if it doesn't return.

We will be so upset if it doesn't come back too! I heard about it being closed to move or something, so we definitely want to see it this year. It is a favorite show of myself & DH also. So not excited about the Avatar addition anyway, but this is another reason for it to annoy me. I heard the Avatar section is going to be more scaled back from what they originally said, so maybe it will be tolerable. I thought it was a terrible idea from the time I heard about it. Maybe it will go the way of Hyperion Wharf at DTD. :rotfl:

LOL Sorry I am so clueless about any other kids age besides Aria's, really. I don't have much experience with kids so just didn't really know if he could do the Pirate's League. I generally go by age ranges LOL, as BBB only does 3+...so I guess that's when Aria will attend! :goodvibes

I truly hope I get to see Aria seemingly enjoy things - like how much Paxton enjoyed CP character interactions, or some of the rides or whatnot. I noticed at the Renaissance Faire that she is pretty quiet and kind of just likes to take everything in, instead of laughing and giggling at everything, so I hope she does a little of that at Disney and does enjoy herself.

Oooh that's awesome you are going through a great bakery. Sorry didn't meant to sound mean about having the party at home, it really does make the most sense esp when they are so little, and it is what we'll probably do, but it would be fun to think of other places too. I think October birthdays are great, way better than middle of the stinking winter ones...hahaha...but then again my bday is the 5th!!.

Well, I know other 2 year olds that would probably sit through the Pirates League or BBB makeover, just not MY 2 year old! :lmao: No way would he sit that long and be that patient. But I do think they are both 3+ anyway.

Paxton was like that for most of the rides on his first trip, just kind of looked around and took it in. There were a few exceptions like Small World and Pirates where he enjoyed dancing to the music and clapping. At that age I think they are still trying to process a lot of what is going on around them. Hopefully she will love the characters though, some of our best memories of that trip was Paxton going crazy over the characters!

Not at all! We are looking forward to him being older so we can have a party somewhere else, like Chuck E. Cheese or something. The cleanup before and after the party drives me nuts! We rearranged our dining room furniture last year for the party and put our table against the wall to make room for folding tables for the cake and other foods people had brought, and I swear it stayed that way for a month! Between all the cleanup and then our Disney trip, we just didn't feel like moving it. :lmao: I'm looking forward to not having the parties here at home, but right now that's the easiest thing for us.

I love his birthday being in October! I think when we start trying for #2, we will aim for a fall birthday. Mine and my sister's are in the summer so it was always blazing hot for our parties and since they weren't during the school year it was hard to let most people from our class at school know about the party.

Sorry I have been MIA lately...We have had too much going on the past couple of weeks, and most of it not good. Shortly after finishing up the antibiotics DS started on while DH and I were on our anniversary trip, he came home from daycare with fever on a Tuesday evening. Went to the doctor on Wednesday and she said it was probably a virus and he should stop running fever by Saturday. The fever continued to just get worse up to 104 and DS was getting more and more miserable. Plus, he was totally congested and his eyes were puffy and runny. We spent a LOT of time on the couch drinking Pedialyte and watching Thomas.

9DD9588B-2FA2-4778-8478-192E4F0D5A06-4481-0000033CB921C919.jpg

Needless to say, the fever didn't stop Saturday, and he woke up with high fever all day Sunday. Our ped was on call luckily and met us at the hospital Sunday evening to check him out. I guess all the congestion had built up fluid in his ears and they were full of pus. Picked up an antibiotic to start that night and finally got the fevers to stop. He went to daycare for a couple of days but then he was still pulling on his ears and acting miserable at times, so back to the doctor we went. One ear had cleared up and the other still looked just as bad, so we started another antibiotic! So far, except for an occasional flare up of bad diaper rash, he's been doing much better finally!

Aside from all the sickness drama, I am still well into planning DS's second birthday party, which is happening not this weekend but next! I have his cake and cookie favors ordered, and we are putting together a list of what food we are going to order and what we are going to cook ourselves. We still need to go by Party City and pick up the Mickey party supplies. We ordered his gifts, and are planning to save and wrap one to bring with us to Disney for him to open on his actual birthday, probably the small Mickey & friends train we bought him in Disneyland. :goodvibes Oh, and I also ordered his birthday shirt from Stitcheroos! It should ship out by Monday, so I'm hoping & praying it arrives in time for the party!!

In some really great news, my parents are thinking they are still going to try to join us for part of our Disney trip! They won't be there as long as they were originally planning, and we will be helping to get them there, but they were both able to get the time off from work approved. It's still not definite, but they both really want to come and we are all hoping it works out. If not, they'll just be coming next year instead. :thumbsup2

And finally, with all of the changes to the park hours (I just this weekend got a chance to sit down and review the changes :faint:), I have to amend my previous post on our October 25th plans! The afternoon didn't change (and hopefully still includes a No Way Jose!) and we will still plan on going to Epcot and possibly seeing IllumiNations. But in the morning, instead of heading to Animal Kingdom, we will be arriving for rope drop at...

1199.jpg

I'm hoping since DHS is closing at 6 pm this day, most people will skip it to go somewhere else instead. Of course, our first stop will be to ride Toy Story Mania!

0456.jpg

Since there a few shows we want to try out at DHS this time, we will attempt to see whatever ones we missed on our first DHS day. This could include either Disney Junior or Beauty & the Beast.

DisneyTrip224.jpg

And maybe we will use this morning to meet Sorcerer Mickey when the Animation Building opens. DS really loved him last year!

Photo0269FourBySix.jpg

Photo0275FourBySix.jpg

(I have to say, looking at those pictures just now made me tear up a little because I can't believe how much my little boy has grown since our trip last year!)

We will spend the rest of the morning doing whatever we missed the first morning, then have lunch at either Pizza Planet or Backlot Express. Once we feel we've have a successful morning at DHS, we'll head back to Bonnet Creek for a nap or swimming break, then proceed with our evening at Epcot.

Also, we made one more BIG change to our plans!! We have been watching our return flight for so long hoping for it to go down that it finally sold out before we purchased. :scared1: However, we are now staying another night instead!! On our last day, instead of leaving the park and heading straight to the airport as originally planned, we will be going to stay the night at a hotel near the airport. That way we can take an early flight the next morning and not have a 30 minute drive to the airport. Plus since we are right there, DH can return the rental car on our last full day so we don't have to pay for an extra day. Instead we can just take the free airport shuttle the next morning and not have to worry about a car rental before our flight. So we actually save money, because the lower priced flight plus the hotel room for one night is about $250 cheaper than the flight we were originally taking. So we get a little extra time in Disney on our last day, and we get in early enough the next morning that DH won't miss a whole day of work. I took off through Halloween, so I'm covered. :thumbsup2

To end this, I'll just say I'm so jealous that of all the October PTR's I've been following, most of you are about to leave for your trips, and I still have a few weeks to go! But once you all start coming back, it will finally be our turn!!

Awww poor DS! He looks miserable :( I'm glad he's feeling better.

Yay for staying an extra night! And I'm so glad your parents are able to come with you guys. They could use a break!

Poor Paxton! (And poor y'all!) Ugh, ear infections that linger like that are horrible! Avi-Kate had one that lasted for weeks leading in to our March trip this past spring. We were still giving the last of her meds while we were there. Thankful Paxton is on the mend and should be good to go for his party and the trip in a few short weeks! :thumbsup2

Glad your parents might still be able to come and that you got to save some $ at the same time. (Plus, a few extra Disney hours make it that much sweeter. ;))

I understand on the trips and everyone leaving before you. One of my dear friends, who also has APs and goes all the time, is leaving in ten days. She keeps counting down on fb. We leave the day she is coming home. Today she posted she has to survive the next 10 days and I was like I'm not that far behind you. Ha. You are in the home stretch...I bet it goes by fast because of all the birthday festivities.

Poor Paxton. I am so glad he is starting to feel better. That's such a drag. Poor little guy.

Yeah :cool1: for adding another day. That really takes the pressure off for your last day. You can enjoy it any way you want. Sounds perfect.

I haven't looked at the park hours. I know we have our plan and its not going to change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter