Boo to you! MNSSHP official thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Main Street stays very congested all night. It is much, much easier (and much more comfortable) to see the parade in the back of the park.

::yes::

My whole family is still waiting to see Soos. ;)

Back of the park is?? Frontierland? Yes?

Yes. Much easier to find a good spot in Frontierland, somewhat easier in Liberty Square. Main Street and Hub are the hardest.

This being our first MNSSHP, I am super excited to hear from everyone who is attending before us. We don't go until mid-Oct, so please post any tips/tricks or experiences if you are going to an earlier party! Thanks!

This being our first MNSSHP, I am super excited to hear from everyone who is attending before us. We don't go until mid-Oct, so please post any tips/tricks or experiences if you are going to an earlier party! Thanks!

We will be there on sept 17th and I will post after we return home!! 6 days until we are Disney bound!! : )

when should we line up for jack and sally? Want to do this first so any advice would be great.
thanks have fun party people on the 10 & 13. I am doing the 17th!

when should we line up for jack and sally? Want to do this first so any advice would be great.
thanks have fun party people on the 10 & 13. I am doing the 17th!

I would be in line for them by 5:30p at the latest. Lines for them are expected to be very long all party long.

This will be our first MNSSHP. We're going on Thursday, October 17th. We are so excited. We LOVE Halloween and love dressing up, so this is just the perfect event for us.

We've got our costumes planned and sewing has commenced. Well, cutting out has commenced! Sewing should start tomorrow.

We're going with a Peter Pan theme. Hubster will be Hook, 10yo daughter will be Peter (she was fine was this once I told her that in almost ALL theatrical productions of Peter Pan, Peter is played by a girl... Cathy Rigby, Sandy Duncan, etc...lol), 5yo daughter will be Tink and I will be Wendy.

This may have been answered earlier in the thread... but I am still working my way through. Will a plastic sword and dagger be ok? I'm a stickler for accuracy in costuming, so I really want Hook and Peter to have all of the standard accessories.

Where can i buy the tickets in the world? We arrive on Sept 22 and want to go to the party on the 24

My sister and I are heading out tomorrow for an unexpected trip to the world. We will be attending the party on the 10th and will report back all info when we return. Anyone know when we should be lining up for the dwarfs since they were moved out of Frontierland?

~Celtic~

Will there be any trick or treat bags for sale? I got one in 2011 and I had to toss it out after last years parties. I need a sterdy bag I can use to get treats in that won't fall apart if anyone knows of any. I'm going to Party City to look on Saturday

Well, I wanted to post a link to the bag I ordered bags from the Disney Store but my post count is too low. :confused3

They're very cute. They're orange and black and made out of the material the reusable shopping bags are made from. There is a Mickey on them and little twinkling LED lights!! It says they are "park authentic" but I had a coupon code, so I went ahead and ordered them. ;)

Back of the park is?? Frontierland? Yes?

As Mesa said, yes Frontierland. If you look two posts above yours, you will see my original post to ALD85. :goodvibes

My whole family is still waiting to see SOOS ;)

Soos is a bit of a boring costume, but it will be done soon. I've been working on a stuffed Waddles the pig for DD to carry. Almost finished. :goodvibes

This may have been answered earlier in the thread... but I am still working my way through. Will a plastic sword and dagger be ok? I'm a stickler for accuracy in costuming, so I really want Hook and Peter to have all of the standard accessories.

As long as it is obvious that they are not real weapons, they will be fine. I was Peter last year, but I left my dagger at home so I wouldn't have to worry about losing it. :goodvibes

You're welcome! You know me...always happy to help! :goodvibes

Just a reminder, don't forget to sign up in my guest list thread. The list is HUGE! Instructions in the first post. Here is the thread...

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3104844

First time going to this 2 questions...

1) I have read that you can get into the party around 4pm. Is there anything officially open then or does everything start coming out and begin at 7pm

2) Does everyone dress up?

Thanks.

1) I have read that you can get into the party around 4pm. Is there anything officially open then or does everything start coming out and begin at 7pm

Thanks.

1. The park itself is completely open all day, but party activities do not start until 7:00p.

2. Figure about half the adults, and most of the kids.

Thanks.

Mesa got both, but I just want to add DH and I are dressing up. Why? I am going to dress up and trick or treat for the first time since I was 13. Plus, my youngest DS is old enough to eat his own candy this year. I have no excuses to steal his. No worries. We will all have our own! They will give candy to adults sans costumes, but where is the fun in that. If you are on the fence, I say dress up!!! Go trick or treating!

Mesa got both, but I just want to add DH and I are dressing up. Why? I am going to dress up and trick or treat for the first time since I was 13. Plus, my youngest DS is old enough to eat his own candy this year. I have no excuses to steal his. No worries. We will all have our own! They will give candy to adults sans costumes, but where is the fun in that. If you are on the fence, I say dress up!!! Go trick or treating!

Might I add that interactions with other guests (costumed or not) and CMs make the evening all the more fun and festive.

On allears.net there's a link with info on the party and they talked about a dance you can learn and do with characters before the parade. My dgd9 loves to dance and not shy about it! There's a YouTube video to teach the dance she's studying. Lol. Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen it mentioned on the Dis. Anyone have more info?

On allears.net there's a link with info on the party and they talked about a dance you can learn and do with characters before the parade. My dgd9 loves to dance and not shy about it! There's a YouTube video to teach the dance she's studying. Lol. Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen it mentioned on the Dis. Anyone have more info?

We learned last year's dance, but they only do it at the front of the park (not the length of the parade route), and Main Street is so packed full of people that we never bothered seeing/doing it. Phineas and Ferb are leading it this year along with the Creepa Crew.

We learned last year's dance, but they only do it at the front of the park (not the length of the parade route), and Main Street is so packed full of people that we never bothered seeing/doing it. Phineas and Ferb are leading it this year along with the Creepa Crew.

If they only do it on Main Street does anyone know how long before the parade they start? I want to see them but wanted to watch the first parade before DS gets tired so I was thinking of watching the first parade in frontier land than watching creepa crew before the second parade on Main Street than leave??? So I guess I need to know when they start dancing how long before the parade begins? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter