• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boo to you! MNSSHP official thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Party America this afternoon. They had Mickey treat bags and Minnie treat bags for $0.99 each. They were plastic with handles. I didn't look too closely but they appeared pretty sturdy.

I don't think there is a Party America in my area. I will go to my local Party City. The one I found in the DTD area was on sale for $5 two years ago.

I wanted to know what if there was a power outage during the party? There have been really weird power outages here in Orange.

Okay. So, it's my son's first Halloween. We will be at Disney September 16th-21st. I can't spend my last night at Disney not at the Magic Kingdom, which will be when MNSSHP will be taking place. In my opinion, there is no better way to end a trip to WDW than fireworks at MK. My husband doesn't want to spend the money to go. I mean, how cool would it be for my son's first trick-or-treat to be at MK with All of the characters?? My question is, how do I talk him into going? I would buy the tickets without asking. But I don't want to cause an argument before we visit the Happiest Place on Earth. Any suggestions? We all already have our Halloween costumes.

Okay. So, it's my son's first Halloween. We will be at Disney September 16th-21st. I can't spend my last night at Disney not at the Magic Kingdom, which will be when MNSSHP will be taking place. In my opinion, there is no better way to end a trip to WDW than fireworks at MK. My husband doesn't want to spend the money to go. I mean, how cool would it be for my son's first trick-or-treat to be at MK with All of the characters?? My question is, how do I talk him into going? I would buy the tickets without asking. But I don't want to cause an argument before we visit the Happiest Place on Earth. Any suggestions? We all already have our Halloween costumes.

When you say it's your son's first Halloween, do you mean he is under 1? Can he even stay up late enough for the party? It might end up being something left for another trip.

It might be fun to watch Hallowishes from the beach at the Poly.

I would keep working on him. My DH can be the same way at times saying the boys do not need this or that. I tell him it is what I WANT then. It is how I finally got to dine in the castle. Prior to insisting I wanted it, I was sure he was going to make me wait until I had a daughter to do so. If you really want to go, just tell him it is for you. He may not get that you want it for your son too. If you go and enjoy it, it is worth it even of your son sleeps through it. Plus, if he is under one, he does not need a ticket anyway, so no money will be wasted on his naps. My boys enjoyed dining in the castle by the way, so your little one may enjoy the party. My oldest has been to the castle twice now and would love to go again. Although we are skipping it on our upcoming two trips, we will be back whether I have a daughter or not.

The thing I regret the most from our honeymoon trip 10 years ago is not attending the party. Go if you can. I agree that you should not buy the tickets without asking. If he is resentful of the expense while attending at the party, it could be difficult for him to enjoy it. That could translate into less fun for you and your little one.

If you had to choose which would you do (two adults, no kids)...

'Ohana
MNSSHP

I'm thinking MNSSHP. I have reservations for Ohana but food is food. We could do both but opting out of Ohana in lieu of MNSSHP will make it less painful for me (mentally... I can afford it but get stingy... I know some of you know can relate!).

'Ohana
MNSSHP

I'm thinking MNSSHP. I have reservations for Ohana but food is food. We could do both but opting out of Ohana in lieu of MNSSHP will make it less painful for me (mentally... I can afford it but get stingy... I know some of you know can relate!).

I've never been to Ohana (because we think ADRs are way overpriced), but I would do MNSSHP. 8 hours in MK or one 90 minute meal? Seems like a no brainer to me. :goodvibes

I would keep working on him. My DH can be the same way at times saying the boys do not need this or that. I tell him it is what I WANT then. It is how I finally got to dine in the castle. Prior to insisting I wanted it, I was sure he was going to make me wait until I had a daughter to do so. If you really want to go, just tell him it is for you. He may not get that you want it for your son too. If you go and enjoy it, it is worth it even of your son sleeps through it. Plus, if he is under one, he does not need a ticket anyway, so no money will be wasted on his naps. My boys enjoyed dining in the castle by the way, so your little one may enjoy the party. My oldest has been to the castle twice now and would love to go again. Although we are skipping it on our upcoming two trips, we will be back whether I have a daughter or not.

The thing I regret the most from our honeymoon trip 10 years ago is not attending the party. Go if you can. I agree that you should not buy the tickets without asking. If he is resentful of the expense while attending at the party, it could be difficult for him to enjoy it. That could translate into less fun for you and your little one.

I know my son is young, but you are most definitely right. It is for me. So I will enjoy it. It's our first family trip since my son was born. We got pregnant at Disney on our honeymoon last year. So, he's our little disney baby. I really want to experience it, and the fact that I get to experience it with my husband and my sweet boy makes it priceless to me. Maybe with a little kind persuasion, I can get my way! :) My son isn't a big sleeper other than in the morning and of course at bedtime. He loves people watching and is very observant for his age. We were planning on spending most of our nights in the park instead of out in the heat.

I have a feeling I may be in your situation soon enough. Boys are boys. But I love the castle and princesses too! And the amazing food doesnt hurt either! You are their princess! If you can't be one at disney, where can you be one??

I know my son is young, but you are most definitely right. It is for me. So I will enjoy it. It's our first family trip since my son was born. We got pregnant at Disney on our honeymoon last year. So, he's our little disney baby. I really want to experience it, and the fact that I get to experience it with my husband and my sweet boy makes it priceless to me. Maybe with a little kind persuasion, I can get my way! :) My son isn't a big sleeper other than in the morning and of course at bedtime. He loves people watching and is very observant for his age. We were planning on spending most of our nights in the park instead of out in the heat.

I have a feeling I may be in your situation soon enough. Boys are boys. But I love the castle and princesses too! And the amazing food doesnt hurt either! You are their princess! If you can't be one at disney, where can you be one??

That is awesome. A Disney baby. Congrats. I hope you go and all three of you enjoy it. You have to fight for your right to do girly things when you live in a house full of boys, lol.

'Ohana
MNSSHP

We're a family of 3 adults and we've been to both. Without a doubt we would choose MNSSHP. We've enjoyed the food at 'Ohana, but we really enjoy the parties (we always go twice). 'Ohana will be there all year round so we can go on a future trip, but the parties are only in the fall.

Your son doesn't need a ticket to go, so just tell DH you want to go as part of your Christmas (or birthday) present. The price is not that bad for just two adults.

Buying our tickets today for 09/24. We arrive on 09/21. Should I have them delivered to Alabama or pick them up there? I'm not sure which would be best...

Is it hard to post pictures with my phone to the thread? I wanted to post pictures during MNSSHP.

Is it hard to post pictures with my phone to the thread? I wanted to post pictures during MNSSHP.

You will need to use a photo sharing site like Photobucket (which has an app) and then include a link to the image. I wouldn't call it easy, but it can be done if you know what you're doing. I wouldn't want to do it during the party, I'd rather enjoy the party.

You could probably have them sent to your house. I ordered mine on Tuesday and just got them FedEx today. I choose the free expedited option. It said I would have them by 9/12/13 and got them on 09/06/13.

You could probably have them sent to your house. I ordered mine on Tuesday and just got them FedEx today. I choose the free expedited option. It said I would have them by 9/12/13 and got them on 09/06/13.

Wrong post oops. I meant to post on the post about shipping the tickets

This will (hopefully) be my family's second party. This year we have our 2 month old (almost 3 months at the time of the party) on the trip with us. I'm just wondering if there are any indoor places to view the fireworks from? It would just be DS and I inside. DH and DD would be outside enjoying the show. I know I can't see all of it like I would if I were outside, but I worry about DS's ears and the loudness of the fireworks. Plus, it'll be close to his second dinner time, and I'll be wanting to nurse him before we hit up the villains dance. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter