Boo to you! MNSSHP official thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could valet your car at The Contemporary. I beleive parking is now $15 + tip but you could walk there after the party :)

I was thinking about doing that, do you know if they have a time limit on how long we can park there? I read something about a 3 hour limit and cars being towed, so it scared me. I'd much prefer to do that, if its possible.

Does someone have a link to last year's thread, or last year's map. We went early and skipped the party last year because the 2011 MNSSHP during the Fantasyland construction was rather unpleasant and not as magical as the prior year.

Will there be shuttles running after the parties to the hotels? Where are teh shuttles located?

Disney bus transportation will be plentiful at the end of the night. We stayed until midnight last year, and 3 buses pulled up at the same time just for POP.

We were there Halloween night until midnight and we stayed off property.. We had no problem getting to our car.. It was no more crowded than any other night at closing. Probably because of the limited amount of tickets that were allowed.

I was thinking about doing that, do you know if they have a time limit on how long we can park there? I read something about a 3 hour limit and cars being towed, so it scared me. I'd much prefer to do that, if its possible.

For valet, there is no time limit. For regular parking, it's 3 hours as a general rule.

We have never done MNSSHP before so I am unsure what to expect crowd level and weather wise (we are in Canada so Halloween is ALWAYS cold!) About the only day that will work out for us is Friday, Oct 18. Is this day likely going to be so crowded that it will be difficult to manouver around the park? I don't really care about trick or treating but we will likely want to watch both parades and see Hallowishes.

We have not bought our tickets yet but should we get them soon?

Are Photopass photographers available to take pictures?

We have never done MNSSHP before so I am unsure what to expect crowd level and weather wise (we are in Canada so Halloween is ALWAYS cold!) About the only day that will work out for us is Friday, Oct 18. Is this day likely going to be so crowded that it will be difficult to manouver around the park? I don't really care about trick or treating but we will likely want to watch both parades and see Hallowishes.

We have not bought our tickets yet but should we get them soon?

Are Photopass photographers available to take pictures?
Main St. through the hub will be very congested, as well as any area within close proximity of a character meet, but, in my experience, it otherwise isn't any worse than a day at the park. Lines for attractions will be virtually non-existent. For fireworks and the parade, you'll still want to stake out a spot early.

You should be okay not purchasing your tickets yet, though there's no way to predict when a party can sell out, so if it's an option there's no reason not to buy a ticket as soon as possible.

Photopass photographers are on hand during the party; there are even a couple MNSSHP-exclusive photo spots.

Last time we went, my boys were 14mo, and 2 years old.. The youngest fell asleep, but the oldest was up and wired the whole time.. no tantrums, no complaints, no nothing!

This year, we are at WDW Oct 19-26, and they'll be DS8 & DS9, along with DNephiew12 and DNephiew13... that runs up to a LOT of $$$, so we aren't sure we'll be able to make it..! :(

I THINK (no clue for sure as this will be our first MNSSHP ourselves) the best plan is to pace yourselves and schedule a nice an easy day before the party. We're a little concerned too as one DS will be 5 and the other 2. But we are just going to a have slow day at a park in am then a quiet afternoon at the resort with a nap. I'm hoping that will do it!

Disney bus transportation will be plentiful at the end of the night. We stayed until midnight last year, and 3 buses pulled up at the same time just for POP.

Will the monorail be running? I know that sometimes it doesn't run during EMH.

I just realized that when I called the other day to pay off our package and order our MNSSHP tickets, she gave me a confirmation # for the tickets but I never got an email receipt. (I elected to just get the tickets will-call) She did tell me that I'll need to bring the credit card I used to purchase them, but it seems weird not to get a receipt emailed to me. They aren't reflected in MDE or anything, so I kinda feel weird because there's nothing saying I HAVE them, you know?

Do you normally get a credit card receiipt when you get MNSSHP tix will call?

I just realized that when I called the other day to pay off our package and order our MNSSHP tickets, she gave me a confirmation # for the tickets but I never got an email receipt. (I elected to just get the tickets will-call) She did tell me that I'll need to bring the credit card I used to purchase them, but it seems weird not to get a receipt emailed to me. They aren't reflected in MDE or anything, so I kinda feel weird because there's nothing saying I HAVE them, you know?

Do you normally get a credit card receiipt when you get MNSSHP tix will call?

You can link them with reservation # to the MDE.

I know if you used a CC to buy them, you need to have it with you- but what if you used a gift card? I used many to pay for the trip and MNSSHP and idk which I used for the tickets??

We just bought tickets for the October 29th party. We are planning costumes. I think I know what we want to be. It might be difficult to pull off. My daughter will be Rapunzel, son might be Pascal, husband Flynn, me Mother Gothel. What are the rules for costumes? I know I saw a post a couple weeks ago, but can't find it now. I want to make sure we don't violate any of the rules haha. I think I saw something about costumes dragging the ground or something? So, I was concerned over Mother Gothel's dress/cape or any other costume we choose. TIA

We did this last year on the final night and they were out of nearly all the special merchandise. Does anyone know if they sell kids size shirts?

I'm not sure exactly of the "official" rules. Since its the "not so scary" Halloween party, obviously the costumes shouldn't be too scary or offensive. No realistic looking weapons, no masks, nothing that can obstruct the wearers vision. Nothing that could trip up other guests (long capes ect)

If your costume looks really realistic, you can take photos with other guests if they ask but you must not act like a cast member and tell them you're not a CM. You can't give autographs or "act" like you are the character.

We just bought tickets for the October 29th party. We are planning costumes. I think I know what we want to be. It might be difficult to pull off. My daughter will be Rapunzel, son might be Pascal, husband Flynn, me Mother Gothel. What are the rules for costumes? I know I saw a post a couple weeks ago, but can't find it now. I want to make sure we don't violate any of the rules haha. I think I saw something about costumes dragging the ground or something? So, I was concerned over Mother Gothel's dress/cape or any other costume we choose. TIA

Stupid question here. I just made part of my costume and it looks fantastic! I am going as Russell from Up and DH will be Mr. Fredrickson. The sash looks awesome except I screwed up And have it going right shoulder to left hip, not left shoulder to right hip. I'm obsessing over this and about to rip it apart and redo it. It'll be ok going the other way, right?

Sorry for being a perfectionist.

Stupid question here. I just made part of my costume and it looks fantastic! I am going as Russell from Up and DH will be Mr. Fredrickson. The sash looks awesome except I screwed up And have it going right shoulder to left hip, not left shoulder to right hip. I'm obsessing over this and about to rip it apart and redo it. It'll be ok going the other way, right?

Sorry for being a perfectionist.

Honestly, no one else will notice :) If you will notice to care then change it :) Its frustrating but if you're like me, it would play on my mind. But I'm a perfectionist too

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter