Boo to you! MNSSHP official thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought our MNSSHP tickets for Oct 6. So excited it will be our first party, our first Oct trip, and we are celebrating our kids birthdays woohoo. The 6th is my daughters actual birthday :) hurry up October

Got our tickets today for Sept 17th. Cannnot wait. I think we will be pirates! (I know, not too original). Thinking of ease of packing and something light weight. We went to the party last Sept and it was soooo hot and humid.

So I always dress up as a local sports fan(I am from Seattle so Seattle Seahawks,washington Huskies) and I will be solo this year, is there any good Ideas for guys?

I'm a sports nut too! We are from "college football country", so our costumes are leaning toward "Alabama football legends". ;)

I'm by no means a Disney parks rookie (20+ trips), but this is my 1st MNSSHP! I'm really excited an anxious about our September trip.[/QUOTE]

The only problem I am going to be wearing my Washington Dawg stuff on Saturdays and my Seattle Seahawk stuff on Sundays,so wearing it on MNSSHP will not be that unique.

We are going to MNSSHP!!!! :cool1: :cool1: If you can't tell, I am pretty excited! We hadn't planned on going to Disney this year. We have a cruise (not Disney) booked out of Miami for October 5. DH and I talked, and we've decided that instead of flying into Miami or Fort Lauderdale on October 4, we are going to fly in to Orlando, do MNSSHP, and drive to Miami the next day! Kind of crazy, but I think it will be fun and completely worth it!

We've never gone to a party---only been to Disney once, in 2011, and had a wondeful time! At this point, I'm thinking we may not do costumes. My only hesitation there is that I hope my son (who will be 7) isn't disappointed that he isn't in costume when there are other children who are. I'll have to feel him out. He's already said he wants to wear our Franken-Mickey ears that we got on our other trip, so maybe that will be enough of a costume for him! :)

Because this will be our only night in Disney, I think we will be more focused on the rides than most people. At least, that is what I would like to focus on--as well as attending the special parade, villians show, and fireworks. My son might have other ideas, though. He's already told me that he wants to meet the Dwarfs and Jack Sparrow. (I can see my ride time getting sucked up before my eyes!). No matter what we do, though, it will be awesome!

Hi! Do you think that Tuesdays 9/24 party will be significantly less crowded then Fridays 9/20 & 9/27 party? Or that early in the season does it really not matter much? Thanks for any input!

Hi! Do you think that Tuesdays 9/24 party will be significantly less crowded then Fridays 9/20 & 9/27 party? Or that early in the season does it really not matter much? Thanks for any input!

I think Tuesday will see less crowds. How much less is debatable.

Has anyone experienced the party on the Friday before Halloween? My fiance picked that day, and we've already bought the tickets so no going back now but it would be nice if someone could tell me what it was like for them on particularly crowded nights?

Trick or treating isn't important, but we are interested in the second parade, fireworks and parties. Maybe a few Character meets (preferably villains and not the dwarfs)

Got our tickets today for Sept 17th. Cannnot wait. I think we will be pirates! (I know, not too original). Thinking of ease of packing and something light weight. We went to the party last Sept and it was soooo hot and humid.

Hey my DH and I will be there that night as pirates too! We went last year as pirates and have decided to make it an annual tradition. We are on mission to get our picture taken with Captain Jack. We didn't realize he was there taking pictures with guests until too late! Hope to see you there!

I think Sunday the 27th would be better. Even though Thursday isn't a weekend, all of Florida public schools are closed for students the next day due to some teacher professional workshop. Also, Orange County schools are closed both Thursday and Friday, the 24th and 25th. We were there during the week this particular short break fell last year, and the party that Thursday before the teacher professional day unexpectedly sold out (Thursday, October 18, 2012), and that Friday the parks were busier than expected. You could do a search on here to find how the October 18th sell out surprised pretty much everyone.

It's not true that all of Florida public schools are closed on Friday the 25th. I live in Alachua County (north central Florida), and my sister has the 25th off for a Teacher Work Day. I checked Levy County, Dixie County, and Columbia County's school calendars out of curiosity, and they all have off Monday the 21st for their Teacher Work Day with school scheduled on the 25th. Maybe more southern Florida schools have off the 25th, but it's not true for all of Florida.

MNSSHP Tickets

Is there a reason I should have the tickets mailed to my home? $5.00 is it a special ticket that is a keepsake or will they keep it at the gate?. If there is not a special factor does anyone suggest will call versus print at home and why?

MNSSHP Tickets

Is there a reason I should have the tickets mailed to my home? $5.00 is it a special ticket that is a keepsake or will they keep it at the gate?. If there is not a special factor does anyone suggest will call versus print at home and why?

I asked a similar question the other day and the answer I got was they are plastic and you get to keep them.

Thank you. If you do will call are they also plastic?

Not sure I want to go through the hassle of waiting while at Disney, but just curious.

Got out tickets today for October 17!!! Can't wait! DH and I went on our Honeymoon but we've never gone with the kids. They loved the Christmas party so they should have a blast at this!

We got our tickets for 10/22! :woohoo:We decided to go on a Tuesday in hopes the crowds will be a bit better! We are going on a vacation in July to New York, yet all we can talk about is our trip to Disney in October. We are so excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter