Boo to you! MNSSHP official thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is everything handed out edible? I was hoping for other stuff too. Ex. Stickers,tatoos, small trinkets.

mssong85 said:
Is everything handed out edible? I was hoping for other stuff too. Ex. Stickers,tatoos, small trinkets.

I've only ever gotten candy, except for a banana.

we did the party 4 years ago, our first time at DW and my daughter begged us to do it again, of course my son doesn't even remember going to DW having only been 2. Researching now, I'm realising that there is so much we missed when we went the first time! Firstly, had no idea that you could go to the park before 7pm. Sep 24 is our first day in Florida and we get in at noon so we will definitely be spending our first evening at MK. So that is a bonus knowing we can get in earlier, plus, i had no idea there were dance parties!! I don't even think we made it our of adventureland or fantasyland when we did the party before. Seems like that MNSSHP is a great opportunity to meet characters. are there long queues? or are they just milling about. again, having a 4 and 2 year old I was pushing around in strollers our first time being there (with it being dark and so many people there) I really don't remember seeing ANY characters when we went, other than during the villians show.

do you recommend waiting to book ADRs until you know when the dates are for the party or just make your ADRs once your 180 days comes anyway. Our 180days is coming next week. I just cannot believe i'm having to plan all these details more than 6 months in advance! i left it all to my friend our first time. i teased her when she pulled out an excel spreadsheet of our vacation. now i know why.

ps, i read on several blogs that the candy is really good quality. when we went our first (and only previous ) time, it was mostly the hard chewy candies in those black and orange wrappers. maybe we just hit the trails really late. we didn't get there until almost 8pm. really just had no idea you could go earlier. any tips for where the really good candy is (chocolate bars etc). thanks!

DJBass said:
do you recommend waiting to book ADRs until you know when the dates are for the party or just make your ADRs once your 180 days comes anyway. Our 180days is coming next week. I just cannot believe i'm having to plan all these details more than 6 months in advance! i left it all to my friend our first time. i teased her when she pulled out an excel spreadsheet of our vacation. now i know why.

The September park hours are posted and anywhere that you see MK closing at 7:00, you can assume is a party night. Time to get out your spreadsheet!

I guess I need to wait until April for November times? Waiting to see if the 1st or 2nd is a party date. I'm also trying to decide Halloween costume.. had a friend suggest I should dress up as a Kidney as I had a Kidney transplant Oct 2011 and will be celebrating 2 years while on this trip how ever you can't just walk into a store and buy a Kidney costume :rotfl: who knew you had to put so much thought into dressing up??

4butlers said:
The September park hours are posted and anywhere that you see MK closing at 7:00, you can assume is a party night. Time to get out your spreadsheet!

Except for the first two, which are likely Nights Of Joy.

1. no Ursula or Jafar? :(
2. Are Characters in costume at any other parks?
3. Do any other parks do anything?

Do you think there will be anything at DTD? What are the chances of any Tim Burton characters? I would love it if Jack and Sally came back.

1. Never even heard of a Ursula M&G ever. I have seen Jafar at MNSSHP, though I don't remember him last year. The characters tend to change a bit from year to year.

2. Very little.

3. Nope, not really.

Do you think there will be anything at DTD? What are the chances of any Tim Burton characters? I would love it if Jack and Sally came back.

Unlikely. Jack and Sally showed up at DTD late last year for about a weekend, but that's been about it for villains there in recent years.

Subscribing! I'm attending my first party in October with my sister...hopefully October 30th (TP has one listed that night)...but if not we will squeeze it in on another night. We're excited for all the special events, characters & candy. We're not planning on any rides since we'll be spending another two days in the MK.

Can you use fastpass during MNSSHP?

No. Fastpass won't be on, and many of the cards issued won't even work in the machines. Thankfully even on a busy MNSSHP night, most ride lines are very short. Most folks are there to do things they can't do on a regular park day.

mom2rtk said:
No. Fastpass won't be on, and many of the cards issued won't even work in the machines. Thankfully even on a busy MNSSHP night, most ride lines are very short. Most folks are there to do things they can't do on a regular park day.

Thanks. We intend to do the special stuff my wild boy will want a coaster or two. I just know it :)

Woohoo! Can't wait! We went to three parties in 2010 and it was AMAZING! Can't wait for dates to be announced!

I'll keep an eye on this. Dh and I are running the ToT ten miler and if we can swing it is love to do a mnsshp while we're there!

DS6 and I plan on doing our first ever MNSSHP in September! We can't wait! We're planning on going to the September 27 party (assuming that is actually a party night since MK closes at 7)!

On Feiday September 13 there is a Villian party at DHS......you may see some unusual characters at that party. I know it isn't a Halloween party but there will be many Disney Villians out and about around the park.

I see lots of people asking about what characters might be at the party. I just wanted to say that although your favorite character might not be there, a ton of guests have unbelievable costumes. We last went to the party in 2010. I was so impressed with a few guests I had to get pictures. There was an unbelievable Jack Sparrow lookalike and Sally (Skellington). I was very disappointed in myself for not dressing up. We will most definitely be doing it this year.

Is Halloween night party horribly crowded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter