• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boo To You and The Castle Suite Too! – A September 2013 TR

Wow great timing! I wasn't aware that you could still use ME if you fly in the night before and stay at the airport! How did you get it set up, or perhaps I just never asked them about it while making my reservations. Good to know! Can't wait to read more!!

I'm so in! I am gong to Yacht Club for the first time in 3 days for a girls trip with Poppygirl :banana:. I thought I couldn't be more excited until I started reading your trip report. What a wonderful prize you won! I love your description of how short the walk to Epcot is - I think that 's what I'm most excited about. Can't wait to read more :goodvibes.

We were just at the Beach Club last week of August. I pretty much fell in love with the place, especially because Epcot is my favorite resort and the short walk there and back was awesome.

My kids LOVED that slide. I wish they had the chance to go on it more. Maybe next trip...

Congradulations....this sounds like it was a trip of a lifetime. So excited to read more about your adventures. We love staying at Boardwalk, just becuase it is so close to everything.

I'm joining in as well...can't wait to read all about your magical trip! Thanks for sharing with us!

Wow! What an amazing experience! I am looking forward to reading all about it. Thank you for sharing.

Wow :flower3: look forward to reading more about your magical trip :wizard:
Thanks for reading:thumbsup2

This looks like an amazing trip! I'm so excited to read about it!
Yes, we had an amazing time. Thanks for reading!
Wow great timing! I wasn't aware that you could still use ME if you fly in the night before and stay at the airport! How did you get it set up, or perhaps I just never asked them about it while making my reservations. Good to know! Can't wait to read more!!
Yes, you can take the ME the next day. It worked out great for us! I just called and told them we had a later flight so we were staying at the airport hotel and we'd check in the next morning. They said that was fine. Just remember not to tag your bags. You'll need to get them yourself from baggage claim or just take carry-on like we did.
Wow what an exciting trip! I can't wait to read more!
Thanks for joining in!
I'm so in! I am gong to Yacht Club for the first time in 3 days for a girls trip with Poppygirl :banana:. I thought I couldn't be more excited until I started reading your trip report. What a wonderful prize you won! I love your description of how short the walk to Epcot is - I think that 's what I'm most excited about. Can't wait to read more :goodvibes.
You will love the Yacht Club so much! :lovestruc The convenience can not be beat! Have a wonderful trip and thanks for reading!
We were just at the Beach Club last week of August. I pretty much fell in love with the place, especially because Epcot is my favorite resort and the short walk there and back was awesome.

My kids LOVED that slide. I wish they had the chance to go on it more. Maybe next trip...
The whole Epcot area is so awesome. We usually stay at a Moderate, but I hope to be able to afford to stay there again some day. Oh and the slide...we went down a million times. So fun!
Congradulations....this sounds like it was a trip of a lifetime. So excited to read more about your adventures. We love staying at Boardwalk, just becuase it is so close to everything.
It really was a trip of a lifetime!! We visited the Boardwalk a few times during our trip. It's a gorgeous and fun resort, I'd love to stay there someday.
Looking forward to reading the rest of your report! Congrats on the trip!!
Thanks for reading along!
It's like a real-life fairytale! Can't wait to hear more.
Thank you! Glad you joined in on my report!
Well of course I'm in!! :yay: Can't wait to see more!!
Hello! Thanks for joining!
I'm joining in as well...can't wait to read all about your magical trip! Thanks for sharing with us!
Thanks, glad you are here.
i'm in for the duration of your story!

your children are so adorable!!!!
Thank you for the sweet comment about my kids! :goodvibes

Wow! What an amazing experience! I am looking forward to reading all about it. Thank you for sharing.
It was amazing! Hopefully my writing will do it justice.

When I last left off we were waiting at the International Gateway for Epcot to open. At this time, you are not able to use Fastpass+ for 2 parks in one day. We had all our Fastpass+ reserved for later that evening at Hollywood Studios. We were told we could still access regular Fastpass, so we would rely on that this morning at Epcot. After Epcot officially opened, we made our way through Epcot to Soarin' to grab some Fastpasses. Few pictures I took along the way.

After grabbing some Fastpasses for Soarin', we got in the standby line for Test Track, which was only 10 minutes. DD had ridden this in February, and the ending where it goes fast around the track scared her. She was a little nervous to go on it, but still agreed to do it. DS on the other hand was super excited.

I teamed up with DS to design this cool car. We were able to scan our MagicBand here to save the car information instead of getting a white card.

DH teamed up with DD to create this car.....purple of course!

And in case you’re wondering DD does have a little black eye. She got it the week before our trip accidentally bumping heads with another girl at recess. :rolleyes2 Perfect timing! It was pretty much faded, but you can still see it in some pictures.

Now it’s time for our first ride of the trip!:cool1:

Sorry this one is so blurry.

We enjoyed the ride and even DD had fun, although she screamed bloody murder at the ending. :eek: We kept apologizing to the other couple in the car, but they really got a kick out of how loud she could scream for such a little person!

Next up we headed into Innovations so DS could do “Sum of All Thrills”. We live near the Roller Coaster Capital of the World – Cedar Point and we’re season pass holders. Carson is a huge Roller Coaster fan! He spends a lot of time watching YouTube videos of Roller Coasters and designing them on Roller Coaster Tycoon. He says that when he grows up he would like to become an Engineer to design them. So Sum of All Thrills were you can design your own was a must-do for him. It’s hard to get a good picture because it’s behind glass. He really enjoyed this one!

DH did Sum of All Thrills with DS this time, since I had gone on it with him in February. While the boys designed their coaster, DD and I wandered around Innovations. We stopped to play a little game about how to be prepared for a disaster. It was cute and good to waste time while we waited but not something that I would go in to specifically do. We got a sticker and got to email a postcard home about it.

Our Fastpass time for Soarin’ was ready so we headed over and got in line.

While in line I got a text. I thought it would say that our room was ready but it said that I needed to go to the front desk regarding my room assignment? Anyway, DD was once again little nervous again to ride Soarin', but she ended up loving it. Such a relaxing ride. It’s now a family favorite!
I considered skipping The Land this trip, but the kids really wanted to go on it and there was no line, so we rode that next.

I like The Land and it’s interesting, but I was getting anxious to get back to the Yacht Club to see our room assignment.

Continued in next post......

We decided to do one more ride before we headed back to the resort and of course the kids picked Journey to Imagination. They just love this ride! And Alexa had her heart set on spending her vacation money on a Figment Stuffy. So off we went.:figment:

She decided on a small little Figment so she had money left over to get a Duffy Bear. Here she is so happy with her new purchase.

DH went to get the stroller where we left it over by Soarin'. It took awhile because first they moved it, then he couldn't remember the color because we just picked up our rental. :rotfl2: He'd only been pushing it around all morning!!
While we waited we took some pictures and got a soft pretzel snack.

I took this picture of Canada along the way….so pretty!

On our way out we stopped in England to see Alice, our first character of the trip. Before we left Carson told me that he wasn't sure he wanted to meet the characters this time. :scared1: I was shocked. He had always loved the characters, even during our trip just 7 months earlier. But he said that he thought they were for babies and was starting to question if maybe they weren't real. I told him they were for all ages to meet, even adults. I told him if he didn't want to meet them, that would be fine, but he’d be missing out on some fun. (You’ll have to stay tuned to see if the Disney magic won him over ;)) Anyway, as we approached Alice he was trying to act cool and said he didn't really want to meet her, but I could tell he did. So Alice told DD to follow her down the path and have a little chat. DD was being a little shy, but Alice had her giggling about something. Of course this made Carson feel like he was missing out on something. In the end DS couldn't take it and hopped in the picture. :thumbsup2

We had a great morning at Epcot and got a lot done in the short amount of time we were there! We were loving the September crowd level! We headed out and enjoyed the beautiful walk back to the Yacht Club.

Coming up next we get our room assignment and take a mid-day pool break!

Wow you did make amazing time from your airport hotel to Epcot :)

You've had a lovely morning, how funny that your DS didn't want to miss out on the Alice interaction after all :thumbsup2

Oh my goodness! This is so cool! I can't wait to see what your room assignment is... SUSPENSE! :)
I'm now going to be searching for any and all Disney giveaways! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter