Boo To You and Jack Skellington Too!

Love the pictures with Mickey! The girls look like they're having such a good time.

I'm with your Mom, I love Disney cupcakes too. I find them to be irresistible.

Mickey bar! Always an excellent choice in the sweltering heat. Just means you have to eat it extremely fast so it doesn't melt all over the place. :lmao:

What a fun afternoon. Love the interaction they had with Mickey and a lovely shot of the whole family with Mickey.

Great pictures with Marie. I always loved the Aristocats. So far we have never had a chance to see her.

What an amazing looking parade. The floats are awesome looking and the Dragon. WOW!!! The costumes for the dancers are really cool looking too.

I love how your dad always spoils the girls. Like others have said it's a grandparent's job. :)

Hurray for free cookies and that Mickey Bar looks so good. I can almost taste it. :)

:wave2: I am joining in! Love your TR title!

Love the Olaf tank!

Your daughters are adorable and I love their choice of dresses!

Sounds like a perfect start to the day with CP. That's my plan as well.

I love that Faith picked out Mrs. Jumbo, that is so sweet! I can't imagine that it's a popular choice for a little girl but I think it's awesome she chose it. That was my Daughter's first favorite movie, she would watch it over and over and over.

The Mickey pictures are too cute for words!

Awe, “the kittty” pics are super cute too!

A Grandpa who spoils his Granddaughters, that is good Grandpa just doing his job. My kids also have a Grandpa that does the same thing. So fun!

Free Cinderella slipper cookies, who can say no to that?!

The FOF parade looks incredible, can't wait to see it!

Sounds like you all had a fabulous day at MK!

[/COLOR]
What a great day!

It was such a good day 1!

I love that the girls wanted to see "the Kitty" we loved Aristicats when I was a kid; can't wait to show it to my DD. Was that the talking Mickey? Was he cool, or was it weird? :)

They loved meeting Marie espically Faith, yes it was the talking Mickey! We think he is awesome, however Faith is very smart and last trip we were at Epcot at the character spot when Faith heard we were going to see Mickey she asked me "does this Mickey talk or not?" She was only 5!:rotfl2:

The parade looks amazing! I haven't stopped to watch the parade since I was a little squirt but we plan to get seats for FofF next year.

It was the most amazing parade, I was blown away.

I love the spoiling; DD is six weeks old and already has more stuffed animals than I have space for! My dad, and my FIL both can't stop buying that little baby stuff, sounds to me like its a grandpa thing!

Yes it is here is a picture of the girls teddy bed (plus there is more in their beds)

Maybe this is in your future ::yes::

Can't wait to see the tour you an DH took!

It was awesome but unfortunately I have no pictures, I know bad diser but I just wanted to enjoy it! (Plus they don't really let you take much)

Wow, you guys got so much done!
I wish they would stay consistent for Be Our Guest. Some days they do one thing, some days they do another. Makes my brain itchy.

I know BOG drives me crazy! It was the one quick service I wanted to eat at and it is the hardest to get because they have a new policy everyday :badpc:

Glad you found your Mrs. Jumbo!

I think that was the best buy of the trip, she gets to bring in a share this Friday for school and yup Mrs Jumbo is what she wants to show her class.

The pics with Mickey are so cute, the girls look so excited. And you got to meet Marie too!

This was there first time meeting her so they were super excited!

Great parade pics! We didn't really get to see it last trip and I was disappointed. It's a gorgeous parade.

It is a very nice parade

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Awww I LOVE LOVE LOVE that your girls love Mickey so much. With all the princess craze (which I do get), it's so nice to hear when the BOSS gets so much love. It all started with a mouse after all. :goodvibes

It is great that Mickey is their favorite, He even has a place over the Frozen sisters:scared1::cool1:

Free cookies!!!!

:woohoo:

Just FYI, it is a grandparent's job to spoil. :)

Yes but as you will see my dad takes it to the next level! (if he was around I was not allowed to tell the girls that they couldn't get something)

Oh God I loved this parade. I am not a parade person generally and the old parade just really didn't do much for me, but Festival of Fantasy is absolutely a must do.

I agree Celebrate a Dream Come True was okay but this is beyond words, I am so happy that they replaced the old one and put this one in.

what a fun day! And how great you got to ask them if they wanted to wait for A&E - let them decide if the wait was worth it to them. We had a similar experience one trip but for Enchanted Tales With Belle (which had a 45 min wait) and my daughter also chose to do rides instead

It was nice to let them decide and I was very happy with their choice!

Love the Mrs. Jumbo plush - and love that she brought it with her to meet Mickey!

That plush went everywhere with her and still does

Wow, that must be a biiiiiiggggg litter box :lmao:

Hehe :rotfl2:

Great shots of the parade - love the faces Repunzel makes. So bummed that it was rained out our last trip ... oh well, just another reason to go back again ;)

It was great, I think rapunzel is easily the most animated Princess and I love it! That sounds like a great reason to plan another trip :thumbsup2

Megan, great update!

:goodvibes

It looks like a fun meet with Mickey.

It was fun meeting Him, I think he is always on the top ofm y list character interactions. The girls always have so much fun!

I believe it is a rule that grandchildren must be spoiled. I'll let you known for sure on that one when I have one. :rotfl2:

Please do :flower3: I also think my father goes a little overboard because of the Medical interventions that Faith has needed and will need more of. (We all tend to spoil her)

My one regret from the trip last month is we did NOT get to see the new parade. I really wanted to and we totally just couldn't work it into the schedule I had. Next trip it is a priority.

Oh No! I am sorry you weren't able to fit in in your schedule! I agree that next trip it should be a priority

Beautiful pictures of the parade. I love the new floats and your picture of Anna and Elsa was not bad at all.

The floats were great, and we were able to see Anna and Elsa quickly so that made the girls happy, but now next time I know what side of the street to not sit on!

Yay for free Cinderella cookies! Talk about right place at the right time. I love your parade photos!

I know I was amazed, and then we she gave both the girls on :dance3:
I can't wait to hear about the tour!

It was so nice but I don't have any pictures:headache:

I love the picture of the girls bouncing like Tigger. It's so adorable!

I swear the things Mickey can get them to do :lmao:

I love the parade picture, it looks like such an amazing parade. I can't wait to see what everything looks like from the other side in your December TR (I know, that's very far away).

It is a great parade! I know this TR is already takingto long! I can't imagine when I am going to get December out :faint:

Overall, it looks like a great first day! I'm looking forward to reading all about the Keys to the Kingdom Tour - from what I've heard, it sounds really interesting.

It was great. :goodvibes

Love the pictures with Mickey! The girls look like they're having such a good time.

Mickey is their favorite meet, He is a must multiple times a trip

I'm with your Mom, I love Disney cupcakes too. I find them to be irresistible.

She is the funniest with their cupcakes, her first night she always have to buy like 3 and bring them back to the house so she has them.

Mickey bar! Always an excellent choice in the sweltering heat. Just means you have to eat it extremely fast so it doesn't melt all over the place. :lmao:

Yeah I think I may have looked like this when I was done

15663684991_d39bbcb462_c.jpg

What a fun afternoon. Love the interaction they had with Mickey and a lovely shot of the whole family with Mickey.

Mickey is always our favorite!

Great pictures with Marie. I always loved the Aristocats. So far we have never had a chance to see her.

That was the first time I had seen her out so we were happy to catch her ::yes::

What an amazing looking parade. The floats are awesome looking and the Dragon. WOW!!! The costumes for the dancers are really cool looking too.

It was amazing! I can't believe all the details that went into it!

I love how your dad always spoils the girls. Like others have said it's a grandparent's job. :)

Well if it is his job then he does a very good job! :thumbsup2

Hurray for free cookies and that Mickey Bar looks so good. I can almost taste it. :)

I want one now! :mickeybar

:wave2: I am joining in! Love your TR title!

Thank you and :welcome:

Love the Olaf tank!

I think it may be my favorite tank top!

Your daughters are adorable and I love their choice of dresses!

They love to dress up at home so doing it at Disney was extra special :goodvibes

Sounds like a perfect start to the day with CP. That's my plan as well.

It was perfect actually so perfect that in December we are starting our first full day the same way!

I love that Faith picked out Mrs. Jumbo, that is so sweet! I can't imagine that it's a popular choice for a little girl but I think it's awesome she chose it. That was my Daughter's first favorite movie, she would watch it over and over and over.

That is Faith! She is obsessed with Dumbo, I think it is awesome sometime the classics just don't get enough love :love:

The Mickey pictures are too cute for words!

:flower3:

Awe, “the kittty” pics are super cute too!

This was a great meet

A Grandpa who spoils his Granddaughters, that is good Grandpa just doing his job. My kids also have a Grandpa that does the same thing. So fun!

It is fun! He is a great Grandpa (or as they know him Papi!)

Free Cinderella slipper cookies, who can say no to that?!

It was great to have some pixie dust on the first day!

The FOF parade looks incredible, can't wait to see it!

It was awesome, a must see.

Sounds like you all had a fabulous day at MK!

It was a great way to start off our vacation!pixiedust:

Okay so here is a warning this update will be light on pictures.

So this day Erkki and I had a very special treat we were going on the Keys to the Kingdom tour!:woohoo: Our tour was at 8:30 so we wanted to be at the TTC by 7:45. We were successful and on the ferry by 7:50! We went to the left gave our name and they let us in to an empty park (for the second day in a row!) Now Erkki was not able to go coffee before we left so he was hoping that Starbucks would be open but no luck they were closed and would not be open until 9 :sad: Before we checked in I wanted to take some pictures since we did not have the kids.

15046437573_5225ec5b4b_c.jpg
[/url]wdw2014252118104449_7055112013

wdw2014252118104451_7047920882

Now there are more pictures but they are just awkward! I love my husband so much and I know he is my true love but we are not romantic people (in the least bit) he proposed to me at a stop light!:love2: And I love it! There is nothing I would change about our relationship.

So the photographer wanted us to kiss and hold each other and we did but the pictures are just silly so I will not be sharing them..

So after our pictures we headed to City Hall to check in and order lunch, by this time it was still only 8:10 so we just sat and waited for the tour to begin.

Our guide was Matt and he was awesome! The tour started right at 8:30 :cool1:

I will not get into details but we walked along Main St and he pointed out a lot of things I never noticed before, One being that there is only 1 American flag on Main St! :confused: and that is the main one that is in front of the Train Station. Since there are strict requirements as how to care for the flag Disney knew it would be impossible to follow these requirements for all the flags they wanted to hang they made all the other flags with 1 less star and 1 less strip. Also they are all lightning rods!

When we finished talking about the flags (or lack thereof) we waited as the opening show was just ending and the masses were entering the park. It was interesting as I have never done rope drop so to see the CM's walking people down Main St was a new expirence ::yes::

Next up we headed to the Jungle Cruise and I found out that the boats are actually on tracks :scared1: I wasn't that surprised and it was a fun cruise.

Now was the fun part, we went back stage :cool1: First we were taken back to where the floats are and I have to say it is amazing going from on stage to backstage, you step past the doors and you are back into reality. While looking at the floats I saw the Boo To You Floats out and I was excited to know I was going to see this parade in just a few days!

Once we excited back stage we talked a little as we walked toward the Columbia Harbour House for lunch. Lunch was nice and we sat with a mother and daughter, they were surprised that I was an AP holder and I would be going down 3 times in 1 year:rotfl2:

After lunch we walked through Liberty Square and had some details pointed out to us that I never noticed before, for instance you will not find a bathroom anywhere in Liberty Square because there we no restrooms at the time. Now you might think well CP is in Liberty Square and that has bathroom but those bathrooms are in the Frontierland side, same thing for Columbia Harbour house their restrooms are in Fantasyland! I think it is awesome how Disney is with details. We then rode the Haunted Mansion (I had no luck finding the hidden Mickey's well I already found the ballroom one previously)

Then we went to the utilidors and that was an expirence, I can't believe how big it is! My favorite part was seeing all the pictures that they have down there. They even had a picture of the castle as a cake! That was horrible and I saw first it first hand for those of you who don't know what I am talking about here is a picture.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pQnn8y]
castlecake by megan.goodwin23, on Flickr

So yes very bad idea!

For the last part of the tour we again headed back stage again. It was amazing and we even saw the refrigerated trucks that hold all the candy for MNSSHP! But they were locked :snooty: We saw the back of Splash Mountain and man I wouldn't want to drop something in the water there! As the tour was coming to an end we saw parade performers getting ready to go out, It was awesome to see the people walk around with the costumes on but no head!

We finished the tour at about 2:00, thanked Matt and then headed to Splash Mountain. It only had a 5 minute wait so we went on:

wdw2014252118273754_7048169509 by megan.goodwin23, on Flickr

Then we went on BTMRR and again that was a walk on, before we left to meet up with my parents and the girls we wanted to do space mountain and again no wait!

wdw2014252118244597_7048121177 by megan.goodwin23, on Flickr

After our travel through space we headed and drove to AK which is where my parents and the girls spent the day. We met up with them as they were getting off the the safari and the girls were very happy to see us and show us what Papi had brought them :faint:. My parents wanted to ride Everest and the park was closing in an hour so we parted ways we headed over to Dinoland as the girls wanted to play in the play area. We let them play for bit then Erkki and Faith went on Primeval Whirl while Becky and I went on Triceratop Spin. Erkki and Faith actually went on 2 times in a row and they loved it! It was now 5 and just starting to rain so we met up with my parents and headed out. On the way out I actually bumped into a good friend who was down there! It was really funny because I saw her daughter before I even saw her!

Once we left the park we went out to dinner then got back to the house and waited for my brother and his family to arrive.

Here are some pictures of what the girls did when they were with my parents:

PhotoPass_Visiting_Animal_Kingdom_7068427201 by megan.goodwin23, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_Animal_Kingdom_7068424673 by megan.goodwin23, on Flickr

wdw2014252118327756_7048252365 by megan.goodwin23, on Flickr

The last picture of my parents on Everest is just to much, my dad can't look any more serious! :lmao:

Okay so next up is day 3 for us and day 1 for my brother and his family.

It is not fun touring the park with 10 people!!

That tour sounds awesome. :thumbsup2Now I'm going to have to google pictures of Main Street and study the flags!:cool1:

Wow, Keys to the Kingdom is similar to orientation at WDW; I learned much of what you guys learned at that time. Glad you guys had fun! And what great PP photos with the castle! My SO and I are not PDA people either, so I understand that photo thing.

Looks like the girls and your folks had a good day too!! Love your LO's Anna dress, it suits her very much I think.

The Keys to the Kingdom tour sounds so great! As does the Steamtrain tour and the Behind the Seeds Tour and the .... (basically I want to do a lot of WDW tours :rotfl2:)

I didn't know that about the flags! Though I did know that about the bathrooms - I think it is really cool! I think that fact, and the fact that they painted the Tower of Terror the color they did so that it blended in with Morocco in EPCOT (as from some angles you can see TOT if you look towards Morocco) are my favorites bits of trivia

Megan, fun update.

I am so glad you enjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. We did it last year or the year before (Lord I'm getting old as I can't remember) and we LOVED it.

Great photopass pics of you and hubby, and love the photos of you on the rides (glad you got those in while you didn't have the girls).

More gifts from Grandpa. :goodvibes

The girls are adorable with Chip and Dale.

Haha, try having the PP photog ask for poses like that and the person you are with is not your significant other... AWKWARD. I think they should stop asking for this one, lol.

Just wondering since you mentioned coffee. Did they not have free coffee set up when you checked in? Maybe they don't do it anymore. :confused3

The whole bathroom thing really amazed me. Honestly, who would ever notice that, but yet, they still did it. Love that.

Oh Good Lord the castle cake. Interesting but UGH! I sure hope they don't do something like that again on the 50th.

Awesome recount of the tour! My parents did that too and they really enjoyed it.
I totally get not being romantic! My hubby and I are the same and we get awkward in the kissy Photopass pics too. :rotfl:

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Your girls are the sweetest! I love your pictures. Having nephews, I always enjoy seeing the cute little dresses :)

Hi everyone, I am going to pause this trip report. While away my husband realized he no longer loved me they way he thinks I deserve. This report will just be to painful to continue on with right now. I hope you all understand. Also I will absent from the DIS for a while, I still have my love of Disney but I just cannot deal with hearing about it. I hope you all are well, and have a great Christmas.

Megan, I am sorry to read what you just posted - and can definitely understand your need to pause the TR and be away from the DIS and these memories for a while.

Hope and pray things work out in the long run :goodvibes :hug:

Megan, I am so sorry to hear this. I will be keeping you and all involved in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

I'm so sorry to hear this, it made my stomach turn. You are in my thoughts during this difficult time.

Hi everyone (if anyone is even checking this anymore). We are now moving toward a divorce and should be filed within the month, it has been 8 weeks since I realized that my marriage was over and I am happy to report that I am getting better. I have a job and have even gone on a date! Also the best news of all is that I am going back to Disney!!!!:jumping1: My dates are April 26th to May 1st and I am staying at Pop Century!! This trip is important to me because the last time I was down I found out that Erkki was leaving me (not the best Disney memory to have :sad1:) And I wanted to create new memories, this trip it will just be me and my friend Melanie no kids! I'm not sure about a pre-trip report yet as there is not to much planning needed we are on the quick service dining plan and might have just 1 sit down restaurant.

This trip is going to hopefully be a trip for healing I want to have good memories at Disney and I know that I will always remember it as the place where my life fell apart but I hope to also remember it as the place where it was also put back together.

If anyone is interested here is a link to my blog which I have been updating pretty frequently through this whole process.

https://thoughtsofareluctanthousewife.wordpress.com/

Thanks for checking in I hope you are all doing well!!!!:banana:

Hi everyone (if anyone is even checking this anymore). We are now moving toward a divorce and should be filed within the month, it has been 8 weeks since I realized that my marriage was over and I am happy to report that I am getting better. I have a job and have even gone on a date! Also the best news of all is that I am going back to Disney!!!!:jumping1: My dates are April 26th to May 1st and I am staying at Pop Century!! This trip is important to me because the last time I was down I found out that Erkki was leaving me (not the best Disney memory to have :sad1:) And I wanted to create new memories, this trip it will just be me and my friend Melanie no kids! I'm not sure about a pre-trip report yet as there is not to much planning needed we are on the quick service dining plan and might have just 1 sit down restaurant.

This trip is going to hopefully be a trip for healing I want to have good memories at Disney and I know that I will always remember it as the place where my life fell apart but I hope to also remember it as the place where it was also put back together.

If anyone is interested here is a link to my blog which I have been updating pretty frequently through this whole process.

https://thoughtsofareluctanthousewife.wordpress.com/

Thanks for checking in I hope you are all doing well!!!!:banana:

I'm so glad you're in the process of healing. Divorce is so hard; my parents divorced when I was 5, but it can also be for the best. I'm glad you're moving on and dating again; that part was hard for my mother.

An adult Disney Trip?! I LOVE it!! You girls will have so much fun, and you will make NEW, better, memories. There is magic in WDW, and I know it will help heal some of those wounds, rather than pour salt on them.

I hope we see ore of you on here!! Take care!! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter