Boo to me! - Solo Halloween PTR 10/22-29 - Link to TR posted!

How do you like the lap top bag? Have you tried it out yet? Do you think it's durable? I want to put a cute, new one on my Christmas list!! If you like it, would you PM me the site where you got it so I can save it??

The extra night looks great! We ended up staying through Friday night when we were originally going to come home on Friday! I didn't like the way the flights worked for Friday, so we said what the heck and just added that night on to our reservation instead!

Mmmm...snacks..mmm....!! There is just something about WDW popcorn!! I use the buckets as a change jar for our next trips!

I actually really like it so far. It feels really solid, and I put a good 15 pounds of stuff in it on a daily basis. The straps are a little wide, so they don't dig into my shoulder too much, and I like the way the inside pockets are laid out. I got it from eBags, and the link is here. It's still showing up as on sale, but that may be a cached page :confused3 But I really like it and am very glad I bought it :) The laptop portion is padded, and it feels like the rest of it has a bit of padding, too. The bottom is also leather (or pleather, whatever it is) and has little feet to keep it off the floor. They have a couple other patterns in the same design, but I liked this one best.

I just figured I had the time off, it'd only be about another $125 or so, why not? :) Plus, it gets me there a day early :yay: And yay for you guys adding on another night! That's awesome! :)

My dad has a collection of popcorn buckets that he just found sitting on top of trash cans. He uses them to hold nails and screws and other little bits in his workshop in the basement!

Oh, and I took a couple pictures of the bag if you want to see them. One's of the inside with all the stuff I have in it at the moment (basically regular purse stuff, since I'm on my laptop :lmao:). Want me to PM them to you?

I've love to see more pics!

I'm trying to decide if I want something cute (like yours) or something that I can roll around with my 25+ pounds of books that I'll have as of next year.

Sent! Honestly, I'd say get both. That way, you can put your laptop in the cute bag and your 25 pounds of books in the rolly bag. I'd be worried about the books breaking my laptop, but that's just me. You'd also have the cute bag for travel and other uses :) One thing I like about eBags is that they have an option to search laptop bags based on the model of laptop, so that you know if it'll fit your computer. They're also apparently still having a sale on bags and offering free shipping when you spend $75 (which is before discounts, incidentally, so I spent a total of $60 on two bags).

:rotfl: Hey, you never know :) I'd still take a look around on the site and see if they have anything you like so that you at least know what you're looking for when it is time to get it :)

So, I'm bored and doing resident :laundy: and thought I'd steal a page from DisneyCrafter (hope she doesn't mind!) and do an illustrated itinerary! :lmao: If anyone is interested in it after I do Day 1, let me know and I'll continue. I'm mainly just doing this because I'm bored and have no one online to talk to :sad2: Because I'm not planning minute-by-minute, this is mostly just going to be a general itinerary of things I want to do and see. The pictured items are the "must-do's", and all the pictures are random finds on Google Images.

Day One - Friday, October 22, 2010

I'll be waking up probably around 3:30 or 4am and getting a ride to the airport from one of my parents (probably my mom). I'll likely either make or buy breakfast as a thank-you.

midway.jpg

I'll be flying Southwest Airlines out of Midway around 7:40am. Oddly enough, I think that's a SWA plane in that photo :lmao: The flight should land in Orlando around 11:15am. I'll head straight to the DME desk and check in for the bus!

Bug.jpg

I'll take that here:

936.jpg

After which I'll check in, drop off my stuff (either in the room or with Luggage Services), and then hop on the bus to here:

Downtown-Disney-and-Pleasure-Island.jpg

I love DTD :) I think it's a brilliantly designed area, even though they got rid of PI :( At this point, it'll likely be around 1 or 1:30 and I won't have eaten since very early that morning. So, my plan is to grab lunch here:

Wolfgang-Puck-Express09.jpg

I've never eaten there before, but I've heard excellent reviews. Does anyone have any recommendations for lunch for a semi-picky eater who's trying to branch out of being picky? :lmao:

After lunch, I'll wander over here:

WSG.jpg

And pick up a few things to take back to the room. Then I'll probably check out the different shops on my way to Marketplace.

I plan to do some Christmas shopping here and have it all sent back to the resort:

disney_downtown2.jpg

I also want to stop here and do some more shopping:

02.jpg

And then go across to this lovely place:

07dtgoofcan-d1-1460.jpg

I want to get some chocolate covered marshmallows :teeth:

After that, I'll make my way back through the Marketplace until I eventually reach my 6:30 dinner reservation here:

1_Raglan_Road_Exterior.jpg

I've been wanting to eat there since it opened, but I never had the opportunity and now I do :)

After dinner, I'll probably spend some time walking it off until I find myself here:

MP25.jpg

I want that caramel sundae! If anyone else in WDW wants to join me for Ghirardelli ice cream on the evening of the 22nd, please feel free! :)

After ice cream, I'll likely wander around and do a little more shopping until I get tired and then head back to Pop and crash :lmao:

So what do you guys think? Should I do another illustrated itinerary day? :lmao:

Oh, and since some other people are posting their Twitter or FB profiles, I'll offer up my Twitter. I don't use my FB often, but I use Twitter fairly frequently. I'm geekybaker on Twitter :)

I love the illustrated itinerary and I absolutely don't mind that you "stole" my idea. I actually got the idea from a number of people here on the DIS. :rotfl:

I HAVE to try the caramel sundae! :)

I love the illustrated itinerary and I absolutely don't mind that you "stole" my idea. I actually got the idea from a number of people here on the DIS. :rotfl:

I HAVE to try the caramel sundae! :)

:rotfl2: Good to know! I just really liked the idea and am running out of things to post in my PTR :lmao:

I've had their hot fudge sundae and it was delicious, so I can't imagine the caramel one being not-tasty. I love caramel, though, so I'm probably going to be biased :angel:

I love the illustrated itinerary! Please do more!! :thumbsup2

I might borrow that idea when I post my itinerary too, if you don't mind! :)

Your plans for DTD sound great! I love going there. It's so fun to walk around and shop and eat and shop and eat and shop and eat and...well, you know how it goes! ;) I can't wait to go in December!!

I love the illustrated itinerary! Please do more!! :thumbsup2

I might borrow that idea when I post my itinerary too, if you don't mind! :)

Your plans for DTD sound great! I love going there. It's so fun to walk around and shop and eat and shop and eat and shop and eat and...well, you know how it goes! ;) I can't wait to go in December!!

:rotfl: Go ahead and borrow away :) I borrowed it from someone who borrowed from someone else who probably borrowed from someone else, so go ahead and borrow :)

I love DTD, it's actually one of my favorite areas at WDW. I always have a lot of fun going there :) There's just so much to do there that you don't need a park ticket for!

Tequilas and Illustrated itineraries are a well made match made in heaven.

Another vote for the continuation of the II....but NOT for me....that will be way too much planning!

Mmmm...the germ of another not planning is percolating something at the back of my brain...must think some more. :rolleyes1

Tequilas and Illustrated itineraries are a well made match made in heaven.

Another vote for the continuation of the II....but NOT for me....that will be way too much planning!

Mmmm...the germ of another not planning is percolating something at the back of my brain...must think some more. :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: Yeah, I wasn't sure what her first comment was meant to say.. :teeth:

I had fun doing it, so I will be continuing it. I just get so bored at work sometimes that it would give me something to do when there's nothing to do.

I'll keep an eye out for your PTR :yay:

:rotfl2: Yeah, I wasn't sure what her first comment was meant to say.. :teeth:

I had fun doing it, so I will be continuing it. I just get so bored at work sometimes that it would give me something to do when there's nothing to do.

I'll keep an eye out for your PTR :yay:

Won't be today. I'm pretty tired and might get to bed early for a change. :rotfl:

I love DTD :) I think it's a brilliantly designed area, even though they got rid of PI :( At this point, it'll likely be around 1 or 1:30 and I won't have eaten since very early that morning. So, my plan is to grab lunch here:

Wolfgang-Puck-Express09.jpg

I've never eaten there before, but I've heard excellent reviews. Does anyone have any recommendations for lunch for a semi-picky eater who's trying to branch out of being picky? :lmao:

That place is a fave of mine! We always eat there at least 2X! haha! I recommend the mac and cheese dish...can't think of the exact name, but it is excellent! The BBQ chicken pizza is great too! :) Makes me hungry thinking about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter