Boo Hoo! Had to cancel cruise - UPDATE!! :o)

kbkids

<font color=cc0066>Loves the World in February<br>
We had just booked a 3 night cruise for the end of October. This would have been our first, and the kids were so excited. Found out that week wouldn't work as my DD would have missed too many of the practices for her cheerleading competition the following month and possibly wouldn't have been able to participate. Tried to move it to the first week in October - we could have got it - but we would have had 8:30 dining, which would not have worked with my 4 yr old.

So, the Disney Cruise is cancelled for this year. But, with no other experiences with cruising, can anyone offer a suitable alternative for us? I still like the 3 or 4 night and would like to dock from Port Canaveral, as I still want to add a Disney World day on. I wasn't sure which cruise lines were compatible and would be a good choice for kids (ages 8 and 4). Any suggestions?

If nothing else, we'll just be back to Disney World for that week. Not exactly anything to be complaining about! :teeth:

I have a suggestion: How about you hook up with someone travelling on the date you can go in October, and linking your reservations with theirs.. Of course they would have to have early dining, and then so would you.... :banana:

Try the cruise meet for that date...I would go for that....Good Luck.. :cloud9:

Now say that again. Just found out this morning that we actually do have friends who are going on that date - just a coincidence - and they do have early dining. So, how would we go about doing that?

When you reserve, link your number with theirs, and you will be TOGETHER..Just make sure to link...... :goodvibes

So sorry you cancelled your cruise because of the late seating. Can imagine how you must feel.

Hope you will call and see if you can get it back. You can always put your name on the waiting list for earlier seating when you get on board. Also, room service is available and perhaps your little one could eat earlier in your stateroom and then just nibble at the late seating or have a wonderful dessert. Pluto's is also available anytime, too, and he could do the same there.

Best wishes.

I hope you can get back in. Here was my experience with the late dinner seating. First, there is food everywhere all of the time, so you never have to "wait" to eat. Second, once my 5 year old went into the kids club, she never wanted to leave. We ate most of our meals without her. They take the kids to dinner at 6:30 in the kids clubs. So even though our dinner was at 8:30, she was already fed. I thought it would be such a shame for her to miss the shows at 6:30, but I quickly realized that just because she was a 5 year old didn't mean she had to enjoy "MY" idea of a fun vacation! Her idea of fun was to hang out with her new friends in the club areas, watch movies, make Flubber, play with the characters, etc. So I let her dictate to me what she wanted to do and we both ended up having a vacation that was perfect for BOTH of us!

In any case, if you decide that you want your kids with you at the shows, you can order room service at any time and can even bring food into the theatre to watch the shows. Drop the kids off at the club and go enjoy your 8:30 dinner seating!

My daughter is usually someone who is in bed at 8:30 so I was worried about this too. Didn't want a tired, crabby and hungry child at dinner. Turns out she wanted to stay up later than I even did!

Also remember - it's VACATION! Schedules and such are thrown out the door. Just go and have fun!

Good luck!

Just to let you know we did this with friends of ours who booked later than us when they got late seating. We were both told that it was not guaranteed that they would be switched when we linked our resies.

On our last cruise we had booked late, thus with late dining. We talked to the head server at our first dinner and each night he would call us about 20 mins. prior to dining and we were accommodated at the early dining. Each night we sat somewhere different. Though, we were able to meet new people or sit alone depending.

We had late seating on our 4 night last year with my almost 2 year old and my almost 3 year old. They really didn't do that badly! They took good long naps in the afternoon (because we WORE them out! LOL) So I would re-book and go with the 8:30 seating! There are all sorts of options for late seatings! You can even try to get it switched when you get on board to the early seating. I in my opinion would not cancel a cruise because of my dinner seating.... there are other options!!! I hope you are able to work it out!!!

You can always go the day you board and try to get it changed. Many people have had success with that. Also, as others have said there is plenty of food to hold her over until later, unless you are thinking sleep wise, then that is another story. I would also take my chances with linking the reservations and see what happens. Go for it.

I wouldn't let that hold you back for booking. We have had late seating a lot and it works. We are never hungry (there is SO much food everywhere) and at least the kids are alert for the shows (which is the best part!).

The kids can also eat with the kids club if they want (they eat earlier). There is room service, and deck 9 pizza and burgers. Food is always available. No one will be hungry.

Go and enjoy! You will LOVE it!
DJ

Just FYI, always hearing that early seating was best that is what we always opted for. Then my DH and I cruised alone and opted for late dinig to try it out. WE LOVED it! SO much so, that we changed our req. for our most recent cruise on 11/27/04....we have 4 kids ages 9,8,5 and 1. It worked out beautifully and all the kids did well. We have also requested late dining for all of our upcoming cruises as well. It was so much better for our family than early dining.

We're going again!! AND we've got main dining!! Thanks a bunch to Chuck and John at All Seasons Travel!! You guys are awesome!!

kbkids said:
We're going again!! AND we've got main dining!! Thanks a bunch to Chuck and John at All Seasons Travel!! You guys are awesome!!

That's Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

So glad it all worked out.... :wizard:

That is a great month!! Wonderful weather and rates!! :cool1: I am glad you did more checking!! You will love it!
We had late dining our first cruise and it was rough with my 4 year old DD. She was a bit worn out,but we managed. Last cruise and the one booked for Oct are early dining. I just don't like to eat that late!! :confused3

Have a great time! :cool1:

BABYJOSIE98 said:
That is a great month!! Wonderful weather and rates!! :cool1: I am glad you did more checking!! You will love it!
We had late dining our first cruise and it was rough with my 4 year old DD. She was a bit worn out,but we managed. Last cruise and the one booked for Oct are early dining. I just don't like to eat that late!! :confused3

Have a great time! :cool1:
/

Yes, we're back on for October - we're going October 6th. I just wasn't even going to try it if we had late dining because I know my child. The 8 yr old would have been fine, but my 4 yr old - normally goes to bed at 7:30 - which I know will be later on the cruise, and that's fine - but I just didn't want to deal with the melt downs in the dining room - and I know they would have happened. I'm really excited!!

As a bonus, I had basically already planned a trip to Disney World because I didn't think we were going to be able to go on the cruise. Then when All Seasons got the dining request for me, I jokingly pouted to my husband, "Well, now we won't get to see the castle all decorated." What a guy - he says, "So, let's just do both!" :love:

kbkids said:
/

Yes, we're back on for October - we're going October 6th. I just wasn't even going to try it if we had late dining because I know my child. The 8 yr old would have been fine, but my 4 yr old - normally goes to bed at 7:30 - which I know will be later on the cruise, and that's fine - but I just didn't want to deal with the melt downs in the dining room - and I know they would have happened. I'm really excited!!

As a bonus, I had basically already planned a trip to Disney World because I didn't think we were going to be able to go on the cruise. Then when All Seasons got the dining request for me, I jokingly pouted to my husband, "Well, now we won't get to see the castle all decorated." What a guy - he says, "So, let's just do both!" :love:

So glad to hear it all worked out...Nothing better than a Happy Disney Ending....

Enjoy your planning... :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter