Bonus Points on Buzz Lightyear ride

Invisible Penguinboy

<font color=deeppink>im man enough to admit that i
Hey everyone-

I remember a while ago that someone said that at the end of the buzzlightyear ride there was a hidden target that was worth like 10000 points or something. Does anyone know where this bonus target is because we are leaving in two weeks, and we want an edge on the competition. thanks
:thumbsup2

http://www.badshoe.com/buzz_targets.htm

Sept. 2004
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin TARGETS

You gain control of your star cruiser and enter worlds full of Zurg's troops. Shoot, but don't forget to spin.
In the first room is a large orange robot. Blast Him. Blast him as you leave the room. Blast the back of his arm for a better score.
(The back of the buzz saw, across from the robot, pays well too but don't tell Kimball.
Don't mention the robots nose to her either.
Also the bottom of the blue robot's red claw seen to the right here is way big score )**
You will come to a row of crystal fusion power cells.
Shoot the 9 volts. They fall over and you get good points for them. This photo is real poor but it gives you the general idea.*

Now on to ZURG! Just after the crystal fusion power cells is the first of two Zurg rooms. These are what you see.
The target below Zurg pays big but it is a tricky shot.
You can only hit it entering and exiting the room.*

Not sure about bonus targets at the end but here are my scoring tips. During our last trip I racked up 999,999 points!

-In first room, look for orange robot on left side - hit target on his arm and then, after you pass, the robot turns around – hit the back of his hand
-Hit the jack in the box target in second room
-Shoot the target on the bottom of Zurg’s ship

Here is a 100,000 marker...

You can get a good run of 5 or 6 hits while you pass by...

jsp-
What room is that in? I'm on a mission. My oldest son and I want to beat my youngest son and dh. I am a very competitive person so it's essential that I win. Thanks!

jsp2000 said:

Which room is this in?

And, the lady that worked there told me to hit the inside of the robots left arm (its to the left as you go in the first room). The second one was to hit the top of the volcano on the right as you go in the second room. I got like 860,000. That was good for me.

jsp2000 said:

This target is the one that got me my 999,999 score almost all by itself. My wife wasn't with me so I took the picture seen in my avatar as proof. She still didn't believe me.

bettyann29 said:
Which room is this in?

It's been a couple of months since I was there, so I don't remember the exact room sequence. I do remember, however, that this is the room right before you go into the "escape hatch," where it is dark, you feel like you are flying very fast, and you see the targets projected on the wall all around you.

Here is what you see near the end of the room with the 100,000 target when you are facing forward. The 100,000 target is directly sideways of you as you pass by. Notice my score in the lower right corner of the pic...not hard to accomplish!

Hope this helps. We went without our daughter on our last trip, and since she is small, and this is a ride we can ride with her, we plan on riding it a lot on our next trip.

Invisible Penguinboy said:
Hey everyone-

I remember a while ago that someone said that at the end of the buzzlightyear ride there was a hidden target that was worth like 10000 points or something. Does anyone know where this bonus target is because we are leaving in two weeks, and we want an edge on the competition. thanks
:thumbsup2

I remember reading somewhere that there was actually an invisible target that used to bump your score up to max but now is only 100000. Supposedly it's in that escape hatch room, when it's all dark, it usually has a red light spinning in it. If make a 180 so you're facing the entrance it's right above it, in a hidden mickey :mickeybar

Even if you can't find it, keep your trigger down in that room! It may look like there are no targets in there, but there are some smaller point values (like a couple hundred) on the walls, it adds up!

In addition, in the room before the picture is taken, there's that spaceship projection that moves along the wall, over the archway. There are only two sensors to hit for it on the wall. There's one on either side, where it stops moving. So, when you get into the room, see where it stops once and keep your trigger there even when it moves to the other side, the target should still be active. Everyone else's dots will go to the other side when the spaceship moves and it's much easier to see yours while you're still racking up points! :)

Hope this isn't all old news! Best of luck to ya'! :cheer2:

Do you think that all these targets mentioned on this thread are also on the "badshoe" link that's listed above (which I haven't read yet and will probably save for reading on the plane ride down to wdw)? In other words, frugal me wants to know if I can just print out that page, or should I print out these hints, too??? TIA

Is it better to just hold the trigger down all the time and move your aim, or can you fire faster by releasing the trigger (semi-automatic style?)

Golf4food said:
Is it better to just hold the trigger down all the time and move your aim, or can you fire faster by releasing the trigger (semi-automatic style?)
Hold down the trigger, definately :)

Thanks for posting the tips! Now to decide whether to share them with my family (who really do not understand why I enjoy these boards so much - LOL). I'd post the winking smilie, but it won't work. ; )

These tips are gonna come in handy when we leave TOMORROW!!! :cool1: Can you sense the excitement??

bump
any more strategy suggestions out there? the only time I hit 999,999 was when we got stuck in one of the rooms and I just kept shooting. One of the few times I was glad the ride got stuck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter