• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bonus 90 minutes or so on travel in day- what to do?

JAG107

Former Jungle Cruise Skipper
DS 10 and I are flying in Wednesday, arriving at 4:40pm at MCO. Assuming we can Lyft straight to the park and get into IOA (7Pm close), we MIGHT get 60-90 minutes (have a 5 day ticket and won't use all 5 anyway). Crowd predictor is estimated a 4/10. Is it possible to hustle to Velocicoaster and maybe sneak into the Hagrid's line before closing? I am assuming they let guests enter the line right up to park close like most parks do. Night rides on these two seem especially epic and it's our first time. What do you think of this plan, is it crazy?

Doable. I would think Hagrid’s line would be more a time eater than the Dino coaster. So I’d focus on the Dino first, then if have time, end the night in the Hagrid’s line. And yes, they do let you enter the line up until closing.

A funny, I’m not a big coaster fan, and saw the TM’s yelling a 15 number countdown for their closing line, at least 5 or so minutes after closing time for the Dino ride, so my kid and my friend ran and I waited about 35 or so minutes for them to get out. But to be fair, they waited and got, front seats. They both said you have to ride it at night. And that other coaster is neat at night too. We also have been the last car of the night at Gringot’s too. Both were on weekdays at end of September, and I’d say not a very busy that time of year, on the weekdays.

Good luck.

arriving at 4:40pm at MCO. Assuming we can Lyft straight to the park and get into IOA (7Pm close), we MIGHT get 60-90 minutes (have a 5 day ticket and won't use all 5 anyway).
my experience with multiple flights over past few years = more than a few schedule shifts, delayed flights etc:headache: Later in the day, worse it tends to roll although, we’ve had issues with airlines assembling a full crew even on 5 am flights. I’m told it’s going to get slowly better as they re-staff.

FYI, If you have checked luggage, it can easily take an hour from wheels down to get out of the terminal & grab transport. would think that later afternoon flight might go quicker for you there tho:scratchin

don’t forget to factor bag drop at whatever hotel, (checking in if you need to grab FOTL perk), then get yourselves over to park gate.

we’ve run this gauntlet before, IMO that sort of rush is not the best way to start off a trip. If I did have a 10 y.o. Kiddo in tow, would likely do my best to make it work.:wizard: Just set the expectations accordingly. good luck!

Since your profile shows you live in CA, a cross-country flight could be delayed for all sorts of reasons. Even if you are doing a non-stop flight, it might be late departing for one of many reasons. Honestly, I don't think anyone has a better crystal ball about future park attendance. This is a commonly discussed topic relating to Disney as well.

Not sure I would want to race off to any park after traveling all day, but this is more of an individual decision. The time difference will likely impact when you want to eat as well. Traveling by online taxi will also require you to put your luggage somewhere. Not clear if you plan to check-in/go to your hotel before heading off to the park.

Give it a try, no reason not to!

Are you dropping your bags somewhere?
We will just have backpacks, traveling light. I am assuming we will be able to put them in a locker somewhere in the park for the short time we are there.

Universal has info on lockers in the Theme Park Services section of their website. A large backpack might not fit in the "large" 12" x 13" x 16.9" locker.

Yes, I would do a little search into the locker sizes. Vacation travel size backpacks stuffed full may not fit in the larger paid lockers at the actual rides. You might have to rent lockers at the front of the park.

The Medium locker is $10 and fits alot of stuff in there those are located towards the entrance and you can access them all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter