Bonnet Creek?

cstrong

Earning My Ears
We are staying at Bonnet Creek in May. It is a new Fairfield resort. Have anyone stayed there? I am dying to hear all about it and would love to hear about the pool. Thanks!

I have never stayed there, but I can tell you, from the location, you can't go wrong! I have tried to pull up info with pic's but cannot find out too much, maybe because it is new??? I am interested in seeing it as well...

cstrong

did you get it on an exchange....

we did through RCI in April and cannot wait to try it out.....the Fairfield have certainly upgraded their standards from our early years with RCI, there was a time when the mention of Fairfield would bring frowns to our faces...

they are suppost to have a lazy river there ....

the entrance is "kiddie" corner to the entrance to Old Key West

the fairfield reps seem to think it is on "disney property" ....we were once told it was located behind Epcot ( on the upper end )....but maybe they were confusing it with the Bonnet Creek golf course

Fairfield does appear to market this as "on Disney Property" I think the accurate statement would be "surrounded on four sides by Disney Property" LOL!

lawgs said:
cstrong

did you get it on an exchange....

we did through RCI in April and cannot wait to try it out.....the Fairfield have certainly upgraded their standards from our early years with RCI, there was a time when the mention of Fairfield would bring frowns to our faces...

they are suppost to have a lazy river there ....

the entrance is "kiddie" corner to the entrance to Old Key West

the fairfield reps seem to think it is on "disney property" ....we were once told it was located behind Epcot ( on the upper end )....but maybe they were confusing it with the Bonnet Creek golf course
It actually is sort of behind Epcot... I know exactly where it is at...just have never gone up the entrance road to see it. Maybe I will try to get there this weekend... I am heading up to Disney tomorrow :cool1:

a mickey fan

that is why i said the UPPER end of Epcot meaning not close to the world showcase end but beyond the big sphere which would mean it was ON disney property ( that is where we were shown on a map by a Fairfield rep in Branson as the location of Bonnet Creek, he having been informed by someone who was in security at Disney )

it is actually closer to Carribean Beach Resort

of course all these directions/positions depend on where you are standing....smilawgs

Thanks for all the replies! I am still confused about where it is located. Can I walk to Epcot or the Carribean Beach resort from Bonnet Creek? We would like to walk to restaurants.

Also, thanks for the pics. I would love to see more. Is the pool completed?

We are going May 21-28.

This resort is located on Disney Property however in order to enter or exit the resort you will NOT be on Disney property. In other words you will come out on higway# ?? (sorry I do not remember) and have to go around and back on to Disney property to get to the parks. There are no trails to walk on to connect to anything but anything can be walked to -it is just how long you want to walk-
you could walk to OKW and there is a trail to DTD but it will be a long walk.
Good luck :cool1:

It would be a long , long walk to anything from there. It was a fairly isolated piece of property to begin with. You will either need a car or have to use the Fairfield bus system which I believe takes you to the parks just like the off site resorts. (So for MK you go to TTC and for Epcot there is a bus lot in the parking lot.)

The photos look nice, but I think I would have to deal with a Fairfield sales person to stay there and that is low on my list of things to do! LOL!

This satellite photo shows the relevant section of WDW. Obviously taken before Bonnet Creek was constructed.

The Red X indicates the approximate position of the resort, and the blue line the approximate drive way that connects to the resort from Buena Vista Drive.

The resort is separated from CBR and PC by high vegetation, and I believe also a fence. To walk anywhere you would have to walk to Buena Vista Drive, and from there go somewhere. Note that Buena Vista Drive is 4-lanes of 45-50 mph traffic and has no sidewalks.

To get a sense of scale, look at the World Showcase section of Epcot. If you locate the lake there, note that the distance to walk one loop around the lake is exactly 1-mile in length.

You can see the eastern section of the Fairfield Bonnet Creek property includes sections of Bonnet Creek itself. If you followed Bonnet Creek to the north, you would see where it goes by the Bonnet Creek Golf Club and near the Fort Wilderness Campground. (These are not shown in the photo)

Keys used on the map:

MGM - MGM Studios Theme Park
CBR - Caribbean Beach Resort
PC - Pop Century Resort (completed now but under construction at time of photo)
TL - Typhoon Lagoon water park
SSR - Where Saratoga Springs Resort is located now. At time of the photo it was still mostly the closed Disney Institute.
DD - Downtown Disney, showing mostly the West End and Pleasure Island.

I highly recommend you don't even think about trying to walk anywhere.

18721BonnetCreekLocation.jpg

lawgs said:
a mickey fan

that is why i said the UPPER end of Epcot meaning not close to the world showcase end but beyond the big sphere which would mean it was ON disney property ( that is where we were shown on a map by a Fairfield rep in Branson as the location of Bonnet Creek, he having been informed by someone who was in security at Disney )

it is actually closer to Carribean Beach Resort

of course all these directions/positions depend on where you are standing....smilawgs
Just to clarify, it is not ON Disney property at all. It is non-Disney owned property and is surrounded by Disney property on three sides and I-4 on the other side.

It is closer to the World Showcase (which is the end closest to CBR), not beyond Spaceship Earth (the big sphere). If the Fairfield rep said that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

The satellite photo I posted shows everything. The X is very close because I've actually driven up and have seen the Bonnet Creek resort.

THANK YOU so much for the map! It certainly gives me an idea of where it is located. Have you seen the pool by any chance? I haven't heard anyone talk about it and am concerned that it is still under construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter