Bonnet Creek is Confusing Me

moxiecola

Mouseketeer
I am looking into staying in a 3 br at Bonnet Creek next April. I was trying to read the "We Looooooovvveeee Bonnet Creek" thread but it just waaaaaaayyyyy to long for my ADD brain to translate into useful information. I did gather though that the towers are owned by different companies, i.e. Hilton, Wydham, etc. Is one better/worse than the other? Is the pricing different? I found one that I'd like to book on VRBO but I have no idea what tower it is or what company...or if it matters! Please share any other useful need-to-know info for a BC newbie! :idea:

The Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare is made up of 6 different buildings located around a man made lake. The buildings are different heights - they are like a condo with no maid service. Your unit is clean when you arrive. Timeshares normally rent by the week. If you are staying longer then your may have an additional cleaning.
Around the same lake is the Wyndham Grand hotel. It has typical size hotel rooms with daily maid service & charges for parking.
The timeshare guest do not pay for parking.
In the same area - off of Chelonia Parkway is another hotel.
So lots of lodging located in the same area.
The timeshare buildings have names as well as numbers so that part maybe confusing.
I recommend reading page one of the We Love Bonnet Creek blog as it gives detailed information about what comes with each size booking - 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom. The easiest rental to acquire is a 2 bedroom.
You can not request a certain building or view - you get what you get thought it does not hurt to ask. Sometimes you luck out but WBC has become so popular that I think they are sold out so do not have the ability to move folks around.

Hi. You mentioned booking through VRBO so you would be booking a room which is part of the Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare. The Hilton Bonnet Creek is a regular hotel and the other place (I can't remember the name) is also a regular hotel.

People that stay in the hotels can use the timeshare amenities, but not the opposite way around. The hotels offer free shuttles to the Disney parks, but Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare charges for the use of the shuttles to the Disney parks.

You can also rent a room at the Wyndham Boonet Creek timeshare from an owner. At the timeshare, you have a balcony, full size kitchen with all the amenties - full size fridge, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine and dryer.

I'm not sure of the amenities in the hotel, but I think you have a micro and mini fridge. There is a daily resort fee that they charge and I think they charge for parking. At the timeshare, you don't pay for parking and you don't pay a resort fee.

I stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare for 2 weeks in a 2-bedroom which I rented from an owner. We enjoyed it so much that we are going back again this summer for 3 weeks. There are so many pools and lazy rivers that you could spend days without going to the parks.

I am looking into staying in a 3 br at Bonnet Creek next April. I was trying to read the "We Looooooovvveeee Bonnet Creek" thread but it just waaaaaaayyyyy to long for my ADD brain to translate into useful information. I did gather though that the towers are owned by different companies, i.e. Hilton, Wydham, etc. Is one better/worse than the other? Is the pricing different? I found one that I'd like to book on VRBO but I have no idea what tower it is or what company...or if it matters! Please share any other useful need-to-know info for a BC newbie! :idea:

You may want to take your ADD meds and read a bit. The timeshares as you mention are Wyndham. They are the only time shares, the different towers are all one resort. There is also the Wyndham hotel. The other hotels are not related to these two resorts and are not part of the towers. If you look at the thread on page 1 it has a link to the first thread with some overall info. Before you invest a fair amount of funds on a vacation it might worth your time to understand where your staying. I will say depending on what you read, some people will confuse the hotel and the timeshare resort.

There are four properties at Bonnet Creek -- three hotels and a large timeshare.

Most of the time, when people talk about "Bonnet Creek" they are talking about the Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare, which consists of six timeshare condo towers built around a large lake. The timeshares are 1-4 bedroom condos with full kitchens, washer and dryer, dishware and cookware, etc. They do not have maid service, and as others have posted, there is no "resort fee" or parking fee for timeshare guests. There is a fee for the shuttle service to Disney parks and Downtown Disney.

At one end of the lake, there is also the Wyndham Grand Hotel. The timeshare and hotel share amenities, so staying at either you would have access to all six of the pools, lazy rivers, activities, restaurants, spa, etc.

The Wyndham Grand is booked through Wyndham directly, and you can also book timeshares through them...but you'll pay a much higher price than if you rent a timeshare through an owner or owner's broker.

The vast majority of the Bonnet Creek postings you read here on the DIS are referring to timeshare rentals booked through an owner or owner's broker.

The WBC timeshares can be booked for any number of nights, but bookings are limited to 3, 4, and 7 night stays during peak season. That's true either directly from Wyndham or through an owner. Single night stays are the hardest to get, but sometimes you get lucky.

In the same general area is the other complex, consisting of Hilton Bonnet Creek and the Waldorf Astoria. Those are both nice hotels, and they share all amenities including the WA's golf course.

How far out does WBC allow you to make a ressie? I want to book NEXT April vacatioin but am not having any luck. The automated responses i get say "dates unavailable"...I don't know if that means they're booked or it's just too far away.

How far out does WBC allow you to make a ressie? I want to book NEXT April vacatioin but am not having any luck. The automated responses i get say "dates unavailable"...I don't know if that means they're booked or it's just too far away.
Wyndham owners who own at WBC can book there 13 months in advance. Non-home resort Wyndham owners can book at 10 months.

How were you trying to book?

I had sent an inquiry to Vacation Strategies & to someone on VRBO. The messages that I received were identical even right down to the font. It didn't say they were booked it just said unavailable at this time, check back in the future.

I had sent an inquiry to Vacation Strategies & to someone on VRBO. The messages that I received were identical even right down to the font. It didn't say they were booked it just said unavailable at this time, check back in the future.

Hello, Unfortunately you can only book 10 months out when using a time share property. VS can book 1-4 bedroom units at Bonnet Creek. We can book them right at the 10 month mark so if you call back at that time we should be able to book it.

Hello, Unfortunately you can only book 10 months out when using a time share property.
This is not correct for Wyndham owners. As I stated above, Wyndham owners who have WBC as their home resort can book at 13 months. Any Wyndham owner can book anywhere in the system at 10 months.

This is not correct for Wyndham owners. As I stated above, Wyndham owners who have WBC as their home resort can book at 13 months. Any Wyndham owner can book anywhere in the system at 10 months.

This is correct. I am a WBC owner.

We just returned today from a week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in a 1 BR Presidential. There are deluxe units and presidential units fwiw. We absolutely loved it. Early on I too was confused about "Bonnet Creek". PPs gave an excellent breakout. One area is Wyndham Grand Hotel and Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare (6 towers). Across Chelonia is the Hilton complex -- The Hilton and Waldorf (both hotels). This area is conveniently located off Buena Vista Drive.

We went through Vacation Upgrades but I also read great stuff about Vacation Strategies.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter