Bonnet Creek Info with Pics

I also rented at BC. It was great!! I know my owner has a week in July and Christmas available.

It's really close to epcot and boardwalk, behind carribean beach resorts and near Pop Century.
DTD is down the road.
to see it on a map - the road it's on meets up with backstage lane.

Anyone been to Bonnet Creek recently? Any new/ updated info? We are going for the first time in about a week and staying in a 4BR Presidential Suite!

Shuttle info? Activities schedule? Construction updates?

Thanks in advance! :)

We were there last week. The resort is beautiful. The location is perfect. We did not use the shuttle, but it does leave every half hour in the a.m. There are fewer returns in the afternoon and evening. You do need to reserve it at least an hour before your departure. There were a lot of people using it. There is construction going on full-force. They start at 7 and end around 4 each day. The construction was right in front of the building we stayed in. We were on the 12th floor, room 1273 and only heard it if we were on the balcony. Other than that the building was a great location, close to the main pool and lobby and activity center. We loved the resort and would return again.

You do need to reserve it at least an hour before your departure. (quote from above)

When we were there last June, you didn't need to reserve the shuttle. No one even mentioned doing that. I had read that you used to have to do that years ago, do you think they only do that when it's really busy, like over Easter?

I'm not sure if it was because if was so busy or what. This was the schedule from 4-1 -- 4-16. The shuttle is through Maingate Transportation 407-390-0000 (Press 2).

how does the BC timeshare work? is it like DVC where the owners are renting points? or are they renting a particular week?

Wyndham Bonnet Creek is part of a points-based timeshare program. So, like DVC, the owners buy points and then get an annual (or biennial) allotment of points, which are used to reserve vacation stays at Wyndham resorts. Unlike DVC, Wyndham points are nearly always deeded to real estate, rather than to a leasehold with an expiration date. Both programs have their own rules and restrictions, with DVC being more flexible and generally more expensive, especially when comparing resales at both. HTH.

Does anyone know how long the construction is scheduled to last untill? We'll be there at Christnmas time and are curious.

Thanks!:goodvibes

Anyone been to Bonnet Creek recently? Any new/ updated info? We are going for the first time in about a week and staying in a 4BR Presidential Suite!

Shuttle info? Activities schedule? Construction updates?

Thanks in advance! :)

Please post back and let us know how your trip was. We are also staying at Bonnet Creek in May in the 4BR Presidential Suite. I would love to hear all about your experience.

I'm interested in the schedule of activities and the transportation times you were given. We always stay on Disney property, but I'm considering this for the next trip. I'd love to see and compare. My DH is a little nervous about giving up the convenience of Disney transportation.

Wyndham Owners have created a great forum that gives lots of great information. Just go to http://forums.atozed.com/viewforum.php?f=82
After reaching the forum go to bottom of page and where it says jump to: Scroll about one-third way down to Orlando Forum and you will see Bonnet Creek. Click on amenities and a more recent 2008 shuttle schedule is posted. It is running much more frequently than the 2007 schedule posted above. There is also alot of other pictures and information on the site that may be helpful if you are trying to decide whether to stay there. It is the only non-disney timeshare that offers condominiums on disney property. It is closer than some of the other disney owned properties. Sometimes the ability to rent a two bedroom so close to everything is a real benefit.
Hope this website helps,
Kathleen Reed

Please post back and let us know how your trip was. We are also staying at Bonnet Creek in May in the 4BR Presidential Suite. I would love to hear all about your experience.

Us, too! We've got a Presidential Suite booked for Thanksgiving week, and I can't wait...the photos I've seen look amazing. :goodvibes

As to the Bldg 2 question - yes, it's a good location - the slide pool is right outside the building, as is the mini golf course. The playground and volleyball court were a minute or 2 walk. Depending on what floor you're on, you may see the fireworks. The main bldg. blocks the view of Epcot from the lower floors. Being we were on the other side of the bldg, I'm not sure if you'd actually see the Epcot ball from your balcony. It could be seen (through the trees) from the front of the main bldg - a place to watch the fireworks if you cannot see from your balcony - 4th floor of the main bldg right outside the elevator is a French door (was locked) facing the front of the bldg. From there we were able to see the MK and Epcot fireworks (simultaneoulsy since they were both at 9 pm when we were there!).

There were no restaurants on site, only 2 snack bar/grills (one at the slide pool, one in the main bldg).

We just arrived back yesterday. We were in the building directly to the left of the main check in, it is a 15 floor building (it was labeled 9512 on the exterior and named with a name in the brochure, so no building number). We were on the tenth floor, but had a lake view, however, if you were at the elevator, you had a perfect view of the EPCOT fireworks and Ball, I have no doubt that floors 8-15 with the parking lot view (really that high up you see trees mostly) have an incredible view of the fireworks. Our lakeview room was interesting from this vantage point, we could see the tops of both the Caribbean Beach resort as well as Pop Century and the new Hilton going in as well as all the resort activities/lake, so if you're going to be lakeside, you want a lower floor IMHO...

Internet was in the room, we connected via cable and it was much faster than wireless, there was no charge. Still no restaurant at the resort, I'd certainly like to see them put one in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter