Bongos Cuban Cafe Walk-up Window

. . . The outdoor QS serving window is superior to the indoors TS eatery.
. . . The Cuban Sandwich and Steak Sandwich are quite tasty.

(We are fond of going to a noon-matinee at the AMC movies
after a sandwich from the serving window

I live in Miami so I have some kind of Cuban restaurant or cafeteria on every corner.I ate from the walk up window twice,one time I ordered the medianoche sandwich which is a Cuban sandwich on a sweeter,softer egg bread and simply put it was the worst medianoche or Cuban sandwich I've ever had.I remember it using thinly sliced ham instead of the thick pieces it should have,it also basically had about 1/5th as much meat as you'll find at even the smallest hole in the wall Cuban place down here.I'm going to assume the food inside the sit down restaurant inside will be better but I will never order these from the walk up window again and given that I can eat Cuban food any day of the week in Miami I've never tried the restaurant in DTD.I did eat at the Bongo's restaurant in Miami once and it was okay, but for the money there are places down here with bigger portions for the price.I think at the Miami location I had the vaca frita which is fried shredded beef and is what I usually order at Cuban restaurants and like I said it was okay and I would order it again but when I compare it to Havana Harry's or Sergio's which are other Cuban places in Miami it did come up short.If you're coming from somewhere where Cuban food is not common it is worth trying Bongo's but avoid the walk up window for sandwiches,I think the other time I did the walk up window at DTD I just had a guava pastelito and a materva soda and the pastelito was OK from what I remember but this was a while ago.

. . . The outdoor QS serving window is superior to the indoors TS eatery.
. . . The Cuban Sandwich and Steak Sandwich are quite tasty.

(We are fond of going to a noon-matinee at the AMC movies
after a sandwich from the serving window

Wow if this is true I don't think I'll be trying the sit down restaurant,given that my medianoche sandwich was in the worst ever rating for me.Maybe I'll give it another chance and assume they were having a bad day and ran out of the ingredients that belong on the sandwich.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter