• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BonFire and Movie at BCV

LilMinnie

Earning My Ears
I am staying at BCV in February and would like to learn more about the bonfire and movies on the beach. Is this worth doing? Are there characters there like they have at the campgrounds?

No characters when my family has gone. It's a low key affair. Just a pleasant way to spend the evening if you're in the mood.

we just got back last week... it was great.. we watched national treasure 2 one night.. it started at 9.. then one night they had nemo.. i think that started at 8.. firew first then movie.. get there a little early to get a lawn chair.. or you just sit in the sand.. and you can turn around and watch the epcot fireworks.. we love it.

The bonfire is ok. They sell Smores packs (loaded with graham crackers, mellows and hersheys) for about $7 (if I remember right). The bag is enough for the family. Our girls are 11 and 12, and they really liked bringing their towels, some snacks and watching the movies. We did this 2 night out of our 7 night stay. It's as close to a drive-in movie as they will likely experience. It was good family fun. Relaxing. Enjoyable. We do Family Theater at home on Friday nights, so this is something we love anyway.

Give it a go. Enjoy
Diane

I concer with all! No characters, easy going, relaxing........First sing-a-long, then S'mores roast, then movie! Its fun!

we just got back last week... it was great.. we watched national treasure 2 one night.. it started at 9.. then one night they had nemo.. i think that started at 8.. firew first then movie.. get there a little early to get a lawn chair.. or you just sit in the sand.. and you can turn around and watch the epcot fireworks.. we love it.

Are there fireworks and a bonfire and a movie all in one night? or are the fireworks from Illumination seen from the beach during the bonfire/movie?

Are there fireworks and a bonfire and a movie all in one night? or are the fireworks from Illumination seen from the beach during the bonfire/movie?

The campfire and movie are held at the beach every evening. She was referring to Illuminations....no fireworks at BC.

I really enjoy the movies on the beach. As BCV23 said, it's very low key. Depending on when you're going, it may not be very busy. It sure wasnt' when I went in September-

DSCF0710.jpg

The campfire was off to the right. Another suggestion that I saw is to get something from B&C for take out before the movie. If there's a private function on the beach, the movie will be shown at SAB. And double-check the time. It varies, depending on sunset. When I went in December, the movie was shown as early as 7:30.

I really enjoy the movies on the beach. As BCV23 said, it's very low key. Depending on when you're going, it may not be very busy. It sure wasnt' when I went in September-

DSCF0710.jpg

The campfire was off to the right. Another suggestion that I saw is to get something from B&C for take out before the movie. If there's a private function on the beach, the movie will be shown at SAB. And double-check the time. It varies, depending on sunset. When I went in December, the movie was shown as early as 7:30.

Great shot Simba's Mom. This is the location of the movie setup and campfire when we visited the BCV in early March of '07. For some reason, "movies on the beach" was not available in early September of '07. But it returned for our early April visit of this year ... only to be moved to the other side of the property (Yacht Club side looking towards the ESPN Club across the water).

Brian

We loved the bonfire/movie at BC. I have to say that I am so glad it's not a character event. It would ruin the whole laid back vibe that is what to me the Beach Club is all about.

The campfire and movie are held at the beach every evening. She was referring to Illuminations....no fireworks at BC.

Thanks, I thought so. The movie was every evening? I was at Saratoga Srings not too long ago and their movie was only 2 nights a week. Every evening would be great! We'll be there in Feb.

Is it free for BCV guests?

Can BWV guests come over & join in?

Is it all year round or just at certain times?

We belong at BWV & never seem to be able to get in at BCV. Maybe we could wander over & join the fun.

Is it free for BCV guests?

Can BWV guests come over & join in?

Is it all year round or just at certain times?

We belong at BWV & never seem to be able to get in at BCV. Maybe we could wander over & join the fun.

Yes, yes, and I think so. I know that it's free (or at least it always has been). And I came over once as a BWV guest. However, I had stayed at BCV the night before and was only at BWV because by BCV waitlist hadn't come through so I'd had to move. And wouldn't you know-the movie I wanted to see was the night I was at BWV. So it may be the CMs recognized me from being around SAB the day before. But it's more likely that they just don't keep track-it's a vacation place where people come and go all the time.

We just got back a few days ago and I wanted to mention that there is a fee for the campfire if you want to do the "smores." You pay $7.00 and the cast members give you the supplies you need. It is really fun and fabulous. The movie is free, and if you are staying at Boardwalk I can't see why you could not come over to watch. The chairs fill up quick, so you may want to bring towels to sit on just in case! There is a sign on the beach that tells which movies are playing each night- some are G, but others are PG... just an FYI if you have little ones.

We just got back a few days ago and I wanted to mention that there is a fee for the campfire if you want to do the "smores." You pay $7.00 and the cast members give you the supplies you need. It is really fun and fabulous. The movie is free, and if you are staying at Boardwalk I can't see why you could not come over to watch. The chairs fill up quick, so you may want to bring towels to sit on just in case! There is a sign on the beach that tells which movies are playing each night- some are G, but others are PG... just an FYI if you have little ones.

Are the Smores $7 per person or per a kit to make them?

Are the Smores $7 per person or per a kit to make them?

The $7 is per kit. I saw a few people who brought their own stuff and the CM didn't seem to have a problem with it. Wonder what they'd have done if I showed up with a hot dog on a stick...:rotfl:

The $7 is per kit. I saw a few people who brought their own stuff and the CM didn't seem to have a problem with it. Wonder what they'd have done if I showed up with a hot dog on a stick...:rotfl:
People do this at the Campfire sing-along at Fort Wilderness all the time. :thumbsup2 Guess the atmosphere is a bit different here, though. :rolleyes: :angel:

People do this at the Campfire sing-along at Fort Wilderness all the time. :thumbsup2 Guess the atmosphere is a bit different here, though. :rolleyes: :angel:

Well, the atmosphere is still WDW family friendly.

It's just not as big a deal as at the campground. No bleachers (if they still have those at FW), no characters...... just families enjoying WDW and Disney movies together.:goodvibes

Thanks for all the info. We stayed at BC back in '06 and either I missed this or they weren't doing it then. We're back at the BC this February and will definately plan to be on the beach for the campfire & movie- the kids will love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter