• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bon Voyage first stop

macfather

Earning My Ears
One of the things I like to do in order to count down the time toward a cruise is think about the very first things I'm going to do when I arrive. Once I nail that down, I play it over and over in my head until I actually board and get to do it.

My current list is:
1. Go over to guest services and sign up for as many tastings as they'll let me.
2. Go check to see if we can sign up for Anna/Elsa meet/greet (if available)
3. Tour the Oceaneer club (or as my daughters like to call it... "paradise")
4. Grab lunch
5. Swim.

However, lately I was thinking.. I'm boarding the Fantasy and for those who don't know.. they great you onboard the fantasy while crew members stand at a slight angle forming a path for you to walk through.

I didn't realize it until now.. but the angle of that path directs you to Bon Voyage (http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/fantasy/nightclubs-lounges/bon-voyage/).

So.. now I'm thinking that's item 0. Must be getting a drink of the day for the entire family (non-alcolohic for the children of course).

Question: Is Bon Voyage actually open upon boarding? As you can see from my steps above, I'm slowing making my way topside (where I know the drinks are at), so if I can sneak the drink of the day into step 0 instead of step 5/6... It'll make a much more pleasant boarding experience.

Thoughts?

:welcome:

One of the things I like to do in order to count down the time toward a cruise is think about the very first things I'm going to do when I arrive. Once I nail that down, I play it over and over in my head until I actually board and get to do it.

My current list is:
1. Go over to guest services and sign up for as many tastings as they'll let me.
2. Go check to see if we can sign up for Anna/Elsa meet/greet (if available)
3. Tour the Oceaneer club (or as my daughters like to call it... "paradise")
4. Grab lunch
5. Swim.

However, lately I was thinking.. I'm boarding the Fantasy and for those who don't know.. they great you onboard the fantasy while crew members stand at a slight angle forming a path for you to walk through.

I didn't realize it until now.. but the angle of that path directs you to Bon Voyage (http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/fantasy/nightclubs-lounges/bon-voyage/).

So.. now I'm thinking that's item 0. Must be getting a drink of the day for the entire family (non-alcolohic for the children of course).

Question: Is Bon Voyage actually open upon boarding? As you can see from my steps above, I'm slowing making my way topside (where I know the drinks are at), so if I can sneak the drink of the day into step 0 instead of step 5/6... It'll make a much more pleasant boarding experience.

Thoughts?

:welcome:

(1) Read the welcome on board navigator in port to ensure you go yo the correct places, (2) some meets are booked at port adventures, wait for that drink to post lunch, I always worry when anyone needs to have a drink first!:woohoo::love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter