Bon voyage...bubbles...confetti???

Suzy Mouse

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=99009
Are you allowed to spray that silly string when you're setting off? I've got the bubbles but am considering the spray confetti. WHat have people used?

I have used bubbles, and when i was done with them, we gave what we had left to kids around us. Haven't ever seen anyone use silly string.

At the Sail-Away party on our February Cruise, I only saw bubbles - no confetti or silly string. In fact, some of the people standing by us got annoyed with my DS for blowing bubbles near them. My DS wasn't trying to blow the bubbles in an annoying way - the wind just blew the bubbles toward them. I was a little surprised that these people got so annoyed since we were on a Disney cruise with lots of children around. I can't imagine what they would have done if some confetti or silly string landed on them!

:snooty:

Gayl

Originally posted by Suzy Mouse
Are you allowed to spray that silly string when you're setting off? I've got the bubbles but am considering the spray confetti. WHat have people used?

Well, "back in the day" you got to throw streamers which was a lot of fun. :D However, because of today's environmental standards I don't think throwing streamers, silly string, confetti, etc. would be appropriate. I would think the cruise lines might incur a hefty fines. Anyone else?

Disney shoots out big streamers as you begin to sail.

Since When???

TootyJane has it right. Tossing confetti would run you afoul of the rules to not toss ANYTHING overboard.

Bubbles seemed to be the standard on our last cruise. Even at weddings, people are getting away from throwing confetti and such. Bubbles are a safer bet.

Originally posted by HooKooDooKu
Since When???

They did this when we sailed last week at the sailaway party from Port Canaveral and I believe they also did it at the sailaway party from Nassau.

Do we need one pack of bubbles, or several....one for each sail-away?

Help! I love this board, so full of info!!!

ready to go now...................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter