• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bomas for Breakfast?

sters

<font color=red>Enjoys visiting resorts at WDW<br>
Calling all Boma Veterans out there... how is breakfast here? I have a PS for 7:30 and was hoping for a good experience before heading over to the AK. Thumbs up or thumbs down?

I have not done breakfast but I would imagine it is pretty good.. dinner was good.. lots of interesting tasty foods and I mean lots.. Hopefully someone with breakfast experience will answer you here. :D

DH & I loved Boma's for breakfast! Service was fast and friendly, food was hot and delicous and the atmosphere was beautiful. We plan to have dinner there when we return in 2006.:bounce:

It is great! If you're a coffee lover be sure to get the pressed pot...it is out of this world!

I love Boma's breakfast! Huge selection. The mixed fruit juice is delicious! No characters - when I was there in February one lady was taking a major fit because she was told there were characters when she made the PS (may have got confused with the breakfast at AK).

I wasn't expecting characters, so I won't be disappointed there. Is there a buffet there or is it a la carte?

Originally posted by sters
I wasn't expecting characters, so I won't be disappointed there. Is there a buffet there or is it a la carte?

Both Boma offerings (breakfast and dinner) are all-you-can-eat buffets.

Breakfast at Boma

Dinner at Boma

Note that

Beginning September 28, the Animal Kingdom Lodge's Boma restaurant's breakfast hours will be 7:30am to 11:00am

The above is a quote from the Restaurant News section of WDWIG. You can read other restaurant news on that site by clicking here.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks CarolMN... my mouth is watering already! It said that the pressed pot of Kenyan coffee is extra. Does anyone know how much that might be? I'm just curious, that's all.

The press pots are $6.99 at the Kona over at the Polynesian...don't know if that's what they would charge you "extra"...

The pressed pot was "around $5" two years ago (could have been $6). Guess I'm just not a REAL coffee drinker because it was way too strong for me, even with my usual Sweet and Low and cream. It's about the only thing I wouldn't bother with again at Boma. We have dinner there every trip. Breakfast was equally enjoyable --- a bit more traditional, but still provided new and different foods and excellent quality.

Sters- we have ps on 10-7 @ 7:45.I figured we'd then check out the lodge then cruise over to AK. I'll let you know how it turned out.;)

Thumbs up for breakfast. I can't talk about the coffee, I don't drink coffee. But I recommend the "frunch" juice!

If you have a choice between eating breakfast or dinner here, though, go for dinner.

The coffee is a dollar cheaper than Kona ($599) as far as I can remember. It's very good (but the coffee at Kona is MUCH better)

i agree w/TDC Nala. the frunch juice is great. we were not impressed w/breakfast. after all it took for us to get to get to AKL, ......it was good, not spectucalur but not the effort it took for us to get there from WL(no car). so, will try dinner in december as we are staying at AKL for part of the stay. sorry to disagree.:tongue:

We just ate breakfast there less then 2 weeks ago and loved it. Their muffins were out of this world. Go with a big appetite--I wasn't hungry enough to do it justice. We also did the Crystal Palace buffet earlier in the week, and the food at Boma was far superior and cheaper (of course we did CP mostly for the character experience, but food-wise I'd take Boma any day).

Two thumbs up! Actually, four thumbs up in my family! The great thing is that the dinner buffet is even better. What a great start to your day at AK!

We are looking forward to breakfast at Boma next week!! Sounds like there is something for everyone. I've read really good reviews:Pinkbounc

We ate at Boma's for breakfast in July. The food was very good, but very, very expensive! I won't pay that much for breakfast again unless it's in the castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter