• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boma?

mrsboz

DIS Veteran
I have heard so many nice threads about Boma. Would we enjoy it if we basically do not stray from regular meat and potatoes? Can you see the animals? We are thinking about dinner not breakfast.

Check out the menu here:
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_bomadin.htm

you gotta try SOMETHING different here...trust me, I'm a VERY plain eater, and Jiko (also at AKL) has become my favorite restaraunt...great flavors!

and no, you cannot see animals while you are dining (you'll have a view of a walkway leading to the pool) But there are PLENTY of viewing places to see animals while at AKL...definetly check them out.

Boma is the best buffet on property, IMO. You have to try it!!;) DD was a fairly picky eater the first time we ate here, and she loved it! Now, she is the first one to want to try a new place!!:sunny:

I am the adventure eater in my family. DW and DDs are strictly meat and potatoes people, but they love the roast beef and potatoes. They are seasoned a little differently, but my family thinks the flavors are terrific. If you get just a little bit daring...try the soups::yes::

DH is a meat and potatoes guy. So when we went I got his 1st plate of food- nothing he would have chosen but he ate it all and got seconds! It is unusual but not that exotic. It's definitely my favorite buffet. Give it a try-

As for the animals- you won't see them from the restaurant but you can view them before or after dinner at the resort.

Amanda

The Boma is great for either breakfast or dinner. We seem to favor breakfast because of the real coffee (Kenya AA). Dinner is great for meat and potato lovers, my DH says they have the best fork tender prime rib and BQ on the property, plus there is also rotisserie style pork loin (very moist), and plenty of choices of fresh baked breads, soups, salad, seafood (excellent salmon), curry and the desserts, oh how I dream of Zebra domes!

If you check with the front desk before you make your PS, you may be able to check out story telling around the Arusha Rock firepit. Enjoy!:sunny:

I have heard great things about Boma and the Zebra Domes and we are trying it in April - but what the heck is a Zebra Dome?:confused:

A zebra dome is one of Boma's famous desserts. It's a chocolate wafer covered by kahlua (coffee) flavored mousse. Then it is covered in chocolate coating and white chocolate "zebra" stripes are drizzled on top. YUM. These are kept chilled and are so good. The zebra domes are small -- the base is perhaps the size of a half-dollar -- as are many of the desserts here, so you can TRY THEM ALL. We think the zebra domes alone are reason to eat at Boma! :)

BOMA is probably our favorite restaurant every time we go back to WDW. I think there is something for everyone (last time we saw mac and cheese and fries), so if you're not feeling particularly adventerous, you're still bound to enjoy the food. You can't see the animals, but it's such a beautiful lodge that it's worth the trip to see the hotel as well! Please go!!!

Sounds like the Zebra Dome is worth the trip all by itself! Thanks!:sunny:

we didn't think boma was all that great for breakfast cause it "wasn't " much different than any where else with a buffet imo! just not worth the trip ...meat and potatoes type should have not problem finding something they liked,,,the food was fine, just not exotic like we thought/hoped it would be. disappointed enough we skipped our dinner ps, may give it a try for dinner next time

thank you all for your advice/opinions. It really helps. We are off in the morning - I'll say hi to Mickey for you.princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter