• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boma???

Was planning to visit AKL to see if we would like to stay there in the future, figured we'd try Boma once there. Sad to hear it may be in decline the last two years. If going, what would be the better choice, breakfast or dinner?

Breakfast, at least you will have all day to get over the disappointment.

I had heard sooo many wonderful things about Boma, so we booked it for supper on our last trip (November). I was incredibly disappointed. Everyone raves about the soup and I only liked 1 of the 4 that they had. I also thought the zebra domes that everyone raves about were gross and that is saying a lot being a chocolate lover. I am not normally a picky eater either. Unless you are staying at that resort I would say it is NOT worth going out of your way for. That being said however, breakfast may be much better. I hope you get BOG. We loved it! :)

Same here. Couldn't wait to try it based on all of the great reviews. I don't understand it at all. Was very disappointed in it. It was just typical buffet good to me. And I didn't like the zebra domes either. Wasn't even full when we left. It wasn't awful and we loved seeing the resort. But it wasn't anything great to me.

Since posting this, I asked my husband what he wanted to do. He said he did not want to return to Boma. He was not that impressed with it when we went for breakfast and he wants to try something new. Guess I should have asked him first.

I liked being able to try a lot of different foods at Boma (especially loved the peanut rice... YUMM!!!) but I have to say that as a whole, it didn't wow me. For one thing we had terrible service, had to beg for drink refills and were sat back in a dark corner where it felt like we were literally climbing over people to get to the buffet. I would eat there again in the future, especially to try breakfast, but it's not an every trip or even every other trip restaurant for me.

For what it's worth, I much preferred Tusker House!

My DD ( 19) is a picky eater. Two years ago we went to Boma and it's her only must do of this years trip. We both really enjoyed it and are looking forward to it again this May. Does anyone know if there are any current food rotation lists floating around?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter