Boma with kids, Boma without kids, or Jiko?

fabulousfive

DIS Veteran
We are celebrating our 15 year wedding anniversary at Disney while also bringing the 3 kids. So it's mostly a family vacation but I want to celebrate us and our whole family at that time. We will be together the entire trip except I am considering surprising my husband with a dinner just us when at AKL and doing the childcare area there for our kids ages 3, 6, and 8.

I think he would love that I planned this for him, but I don't want the kids to be sad after we have such a great day together. I don't want it to ruin the momentum of the trip. On the other hand, the kids could love some time to free play. See my dilemma?

And then I'm not sure the best plan. I love how Boma seems to acknowledge anniversaries and that we could try a variety of foods. But if we do the childcare, would Jinko just feel more special?

Any other anniversary ideas at Disney?

Love thoughts, thanks!!!

We celebrated our anniversary at WDW this past January! We had an early dinner at Le Cellier...our first time taking our kids into a signature. I have always wanted to try Jiko, but I agree with you that would be somewhere that I would want to spring for childcare so I could enjoy it. That being said, we love Boma with our kids. We have taken them there on two different trips and want to try their breakfast on the next trip. I would rule out Boma without kids. If you are going to spring for child care...do Jiko. They are two totally different experiences so I think it comes down to whether you want the night out without the kids. I know that DH and I would just wonder about what they are doing and if everyone is happy the entire time...the perks of being a parent! :guilty:

Good luck with your decision and Happy Anniversary!

My son LOVES to go to child care places like that and would consider it a treat. Your kids may be different, but he is CRAZY EXCITED for that part of our upcoming vacation. Wouldn't throw off the momentum at all, unless you have a clinger.

I will say that I agree with the PP that Boma is very family friendly, but not too fancy for kids. Still, the appeal of being able to only worry about filling your own plate...bliss.

Boma or Jiko or Sanaa--all good choices once you have them sent off to their new adventure.

And happy anniversary!

Both are great restaurants. But if you're looking for more the "fancy night out" - Jiko is the way to go! I say especially if you're at Disney for at least several days and spending most of the time with the kids, take a night to have an adult dinner. We have nearly 4 year old twins and we always make sure to plan one more fancy restaurant (Jiko is actually usually my wife's first choice!).

I bet your kids will love the childcare place and won't want to leave, lol! I would try that. It will be nice to have some alone time! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter