• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boma--should I take the plunge or not?

AskSiri

Earning My Ears
I've eaten breakfast there and loved it, but I'm not so sure about dinner.

I'm the picky-ish eater in our party; the other two aren't.

What to do, what to do?

AskSiri

My husband is someone who I would consider picky and he loves Boma. Give it a try.

I love it and I'm picky.

Check out the menu on line. I bet you'll find a lot that you will try and like. All the carved meats have "different" spices on them, but aren't over powering. The sides are unique with the standard mashed potatoes, sides too.

The desserts and bread are my down fall. You'll love them!

Again, check out the menu.

I bet you'll love it!

I am not picky however I have some family members who are and we ALL love Boma its my 2nd favorite single credit restaurant on property! There are soooo many options everyone will find something that they enjoy :)

Also you can't beat the Zebra domes :cool1:

DS12 is a picky eater, and he loves Boma. Give it a shot! It's a great way to try some new flavors, but still be able to enjoy some more traditional items.

:goodvibes

There is something for everybody at Boma, plus things that aren't for everyone too, and that's why we enjoy the Boma dining experience so much.
Checking the menu is a great idea, but since you've had breakfast there you know what a special location and atmosphere it is.
Wherever you go, hope you have a great time!

:goodvibes

I've eaten breakfast there and loved it, but I'm not so sure about dinner.

I'm the picky-ish eater in our party; the other two aren't.

What to do, what to do?

AskSiri

Yes, yes, yes!!! Our fave wdw dinner!!! Our DD8 and DS3 love it!!! THe children's section is worth it on its own!!! The pasta and meatballs my daughters fave--- including all of the Italian restaurants in Disney!!

My family (DD 23, DD 20, DH 41, and me) went to Boma for the first time a few weeks ago in May and it wasn't our favorite. Lots of choices but we only found a few items we liked, and oldest DD actually got sick later that night. The service was great but the food just wasn't for us. But hey, try it and then you'll know, everyone has different tastes. And besides, even if you don't like it all that much YOU'RE STILL AT WDW! LOL

We ate at Boma a few weeks ago and it was just OK. The food wasn't as good as we remembered it. On a previous trip we really liked the ribs, this time we didn't think they were as good, and the food didn't seem as fresh. It wasn't bad but definitely not a must do.

We ate at Boma in April. My husband wanted to try it and for the most part, it's very popular and well-liked. I didn't care for it. Not to my taste. My husband is not picky, he said he tried it, it was okay but he wouldn't go back.

Thanks for all the replies.

We've decided to leave the Boma dinner for another trip.

Now we're going back and forth on Cape May Buffet versus Trail's End Buffet. We actually have the option of doing both, but we don't want to overload our days with too many buffets or family style restaurants (we're already doing Ohana).

Cape May is super convenient as we're staying at the Beach Club, but the day we're considering doing Trail's End is our AK day where we have the rest of the evening open.

We've done Cape May before and liked it but didn't love; the recent reviews seem to be hit and miss.

Trail's End we don't know much about, other than reviews seem to be positive.

Opinions on these two restaurants?

AskSiri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter