Boma or Yachtsmans?

So...which is it?

• Boma

• Yachtsman's

Results are only viewable after voting.

azdoughboy

Mouseketeer
Never been to either. Taking my folks and my wife. I'm a BIG meat eater, but am willing to try something different. What's your take? HEP MEH!!!

ETA-We're on the DxDDP so the $$$ isn't an issue. Thanks.

BC

I didn't vote...would not do either! We seem to be in the minority, and ordinarily love exotic foods (we liked Sanaa, we like Yak & Yeti, love the restaurants in Morocco, Mexico, France!) We seriously disliked Boma (dinner) Just could not handle the different spices & combinations...for ex. what looked like beautiful BBQ ribs tasted like Red Hots Cinnamon candy instead of BBQ sauce. Cinnamon, cardamon, cumin...oh my. 1/2 the food was overspiced to the extreme (burn your mouth on too much cinnamon!) or was totally bland, blah, meh. Boma breakfast, on the other hand...best on property.

Yachtsman...we just ate there a couple of weeks ago...way overpriced for the food. Just average steaks...have had better at Outback (chain restaurant) Service was good, but was not a signature dining experience...and with appetizers, cash cost (before tip & before alcohol) was almost $130 for 2 people. For that we expected far better food.

Have had better steaks at The Wave, Captain's Grill, Kona Cafe, Grand Floridian Cafe, Le Cellier and the Turf Club...all at lower prices than Yachtsman.

If you're wanting the signature dining experience, Flying Fish Cafe at Boardwalk was far better.

Been to Boma many times.
Never been to Yachtsman.

Boma is amazing! Not only is it cheaper than Yachtsman, it also is a buffet so you get as much as you want. I can't say enough about it!

Would not go with Boma if you are a meat eater.

Just an FYI, Boma's flavors aren't for everyone.
Many people think Boma is spicey, but what they don't realize is it is sweet spices they use. Such things as Cinnamon, Curry, Vanillas and fruit.

The meats (including the beef) is rubbed in sweet spices. I could taste cinnamon heavily on the sirloin strip at the carving station.
The potatoes, soups everything was sweet.

It was definitely not for us.

Now not saying the food was bad, just not our taste or what we were expecting.
It is a better $$ wise than the other....but if you leave hungry (as we did) then there may be more expense as you get CS when you get back to the resort. (at least this is what happened for us)

Boma is just a buffet. YSH is a nice table service restaurant with good choices of meat.

Yachstman by far is your best choice!!

Not sure what kind of steak those that dis the Yactsman are accustomed to but we frequent many of the better Chicago steakhouses and have no complaints about the quality found there. Its a must do for us each visit.

That is a tough choice. We did both on our recent trip in September and we loved both of them. However, Boma and YSH are two very different dining experiences. First being that YSH is a signature meal (2 dining credits if you are using DDP) where Boma is a buffet (1 dining credit), both have outstanding food. If you are looking for a place that is a bit more quiet and reserved, then YSH is perfect, if you don't mind more noise and more kids then Boma would be fine. Good luck with your decision, either will be fine.

I have not been to Yachtsman, but my family LOVES Boma (and DH and the kids are not particularly "adventurous" eaters)! It's a "must do" on every trip to The World. There is something for everyone!

DF and I had the best steaks we've ever had at Yachtsman. Great experience and great service. Also convenient to Epcot and HS... AKL is kind of far.

We did both this past Sept. and by far Yatchman is the best place! The atmosphere is far better and the food is not even comparible to Boma. I like Boma the kids and hubby not so much but Y was awesome!!

We went to Boma dinner 2x and it was ok...we do love Jiko. We are trying Yatchman's for first time. We went to Boma breakfast 3x and love it.

I've been to both and liked each meal. However, they are two totally different dining experiences. I prefer the Yachtsman over Boma just because I prefer a sit down dinner (esp. if it's all adults) to a buffet. The food at Boma was good, but I spent half the time going back and forth to the buffet and little time chatting with the rest of my family lol! The food at Yachtsman was great last we were there, as was the service.

We love Boma. GREAT food! The soups are to die for!

But honestly, you're comparing apples to oranges - both restaurants are so different!

As mentioned before - Boma is only one credit, whereas Yachtsman is 2. Yes, Boma is noisier, so that plays into the atmosphere aspect of your choices.

We like restaurants that are different, so we really like Boma. Although, our faves at AKL/AKV are Jiko and Sanaa.

I wouldn't waste DxDD on Boma..it's ok, I personally enjoy it, but don't think it lives up to the hype.
I did enjoy my meal at Yachtsman - but I only ate there once and know that others were not impressed. I highly recommend Jiko or Flying Fish Cafe....

We had a bad meal at Yachtsman, but I've heard good things otherwise. It was a nice place, but the meat was really chewy (even at medium-rare)..

I had the porterhouse and the filet portion was what you would expect from a strip.. the strip portion wasn't edible.

Wife had the NY and couldn't eat it.

We're huge steak people, but we could do a better steak for $5 at home. Nowhere near what you would expect from a 'Signature' restaurant.

The manager did comp our meal, however, due to the bad experience... I understand that you can't always see what's in a cow until you cut it open, but still....

I love Boma, but on the Deluxe plan I'd be tempted to go to Yachtsman instead. They have one of the best filets on property, and the bread with roasted garlic is so good. Really good desserts and appetizers too.

Well... They are my two favorites.
I always eat at both.
I was surprised it wasn't between YSH and Jiko ?
Are you eating at a lot of Steak Places?
If you want different... I would try Jiko.

We liked Boma only for breakfast, we did not think the dinner was spectacular. However, we highly enjoyed our dinner at Yachtsman! It was a great dinner and a lovely time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter