Boma or Whispering Canyon for Breakfast?

antmaril

DIS Veteran
My friend (74) and I (58) are going to Disney World in early December for a quick trip (only three nights) to see the Christmas decorations. I have ADR's for December 3rd at both Boma and WCC (I will cancel one). I have been to Boma before (dinner), but have never seen the Wilderness Lodge. I understand the WL is beautifully decorated for the Holidays, so having breakfast at WCC would give us a chance to see it. How's the breakfast at WCC? What about the atmosphere? Will it be too chaotic? My friend and I are fun loving people, but what about the noise level? Too much?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

I haven't eaten breakfast at WCC, but the Boma breakfast is excellent. Lots of choices, and great food.

I'd say go to Boma, and take a break from the park one day and swing over to the WL to see the decorations :)

WL is the perfect seeting for Christmas decorations. It really is not to be missed. We love Boma for breakfast, it's one of our favorites (we're a group of adults too) AKL is nice at Christmas time too.

We are trying WCC Cafe for breakfast this trip. I'm just getting us in the enjoy the antics frame of mind for that morning. Having had dinner there before, we know it'll be a little chaotic. But it works perfectly for our plans that day, the menu looks good and we have a Boma breakfast scheduled already.

Are you planning any time to tour the resorts & see decorations? If so, I'd probably eat breakfast at Boma & just visit WL for the decos. Boma is always a must do for us. If the only way you'll see WL is to have breakast there, I'd choose WCC since WL is just that gorgeous at Christmas.

WL is the perfect seeting for Christmas decorations. It really is not to be missed. We love Boma for breakfast, it's one of our favorites (we're a group of adults too) AKL is nice at Christmas time too.

We are trying WCC Cafe for breakfast this trip. I'm just getting us in the enjoy the antics frame of mind for that morning. Having had dinner there before, we know it'll be a little chaotic. But it works perfectly for our plans that day, the menu looks good and we have a Boma breakfast scheduled already.

Are you planning any time to tour the resorts & see decorations? If so, I'd probably eat breakfast at Boma & just visit WL for the decos. Boma is always a must do for us. If the only way you'll see WL is to have breakast there, I'd choose WCC since WL is just that gorgeous at Christmas.

Thanks. As I said in my original post, I have been to Boma before (several times), but never the Wilderness Lodge. My friend has no opinion (she is not a Disney nut like me :goodvibes -- she just follows my lead). We will have a few hours on this day before we go to Epcot in the evening. We want to go to Downtown Disney, so we will probably do that after breakfast. I'm leaning toward the WCC only because I want to be sure to see the WL and breakfast at WCC would guarantee it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I'd have to go with Boma, I've done both and Boma's breakfast is vastly superior, both for food quality and variety. There's nothing wrong with the food at WCC, it's just standard hotel breakfast fare.

While I'd definitely recommend visiting WL, I'd just take the boat over on a day you're planning to visit MK, or if you're in the area seeing the GF decorations (which are a must-see).

If you think you'll enjoy the antics at WCC, that would be an argument in favor of going there. But it's the very definition of noisy and chaotic. Stick-pony races, singing, tray-banging, dinner-bell ringing, servers hootin' and hollerin'.

Oh, one other thing - it sounds like you've got two ADRs for the same time period. I'd advise making your decision very quickly and canceling the one you don't want. Disney frowns on duplicate ADRs and has been known to cancel both, without informing you.

I vote for Boma breakfast. Hands down my favorite breakfast and buffet choice in Disney.

Another Boma vote! In my opinion the food can't be beat! But definitely take the boat from MK to see the Christmas decorations! I think one year I have to go to every resort for Christmas decorations!!

Thanks, everyone.

Obviously, you all think we should do Boma for breakfast. The only person that doesn't agree with this, is me :goodvibes It isn't really about the food. After thinking about it, I just want to make this as easy on my friend as possible (she has a bad knee). I'm afraid that going to AKL for breakfast, followed by a visit to Wilderness Lodge, shopping in Downtown Disney and Epcot in the evening, might be too much walking for her in one day. So, if I eliminate AKL and just head to the WL in the a.m. it's a little easier. Also, I'm paying for this meal out of pocket and I think WCC is a little cheaper.

Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter