Boma or Tusker House

Meghan4

Mouseketeer
This would be for a dinner reservation. We have been to Tusker House for breakfast, but not for dinner. I'm having a hard time deciding between the two.

I love Tusker House. I am trying Boma for the first time in Sept. I would say it depends if you want to leave the park to eat or not

I love Tusker House. I am trying Boma for the first time in Sept. I would say it depends if you want to leave the park to eat or not
We are also going in September! Right now I have Tusker House booked, because we will be in AK that day. It would probably be easier just to stay in the park.

I think it depends on if you are planning to stay into the evening at the park. And if you want to do character dining.
If so, I would do Tusker House and save the time going back and forth. If you will not stay to see the evening shows and will be leaving the park for good, then Boma is a great option. While not a long distance to travel, it still takes time to wait for a bus on both ends and go through security.
Both are very good options for food.

Boma dinner (and breakfast) is always a must do for our trips. In my opinion it is absolutely worth leaving the park for. It has MANY, MANY more options than Tusker House. Although we think Tusker House is good, we just never find ourselves eating there because we would much rather just head over to AKL for Boma. I also think Boma is a better value because the food is better with more options. The only complaint I have ever had with Boma is that my stomach won't hold more food! I always get full before I get to eat everything I want!!

Both restaurants are really good, I'd choose the one that's most convenient for your plans. If you're looking for a character meal, the food quality at TH surpasses all the other choices on property.

Boma is inclined to be a more "peaceful" experience, IMO. We did dinner at Tusker House before and it was a madhouse, but that can be par for the course at a character meal. If you don't care about the characters and have no qualms about the travel (unless you're staying at AKL), then Boma would probably be my pick.

This may be a dumb question, but if we are staying at WL, how difficult is it to get back to our resort if we are eating at Boma? If we eat at Tusker House I know it's easy to hop back on the bus to WL.

Boma is inclined to be a more "peaceful" experience, IMO. We did dinner at Tusker House before and it was a madhouse, but that can be par for the course at a character meal. If you don't care about the characters and have no qualms about the travel (unless you're staying at AKL), then Boma would probably be my pick.
Exactly This

If you want characters then its easy Tusker House. If you want the best buffet in WDW then Boma. TH has good food but the selection in Boma is incredible.

This may be a dumb question, but if we are staying at WL, how difficult is it to get back to our resort if we are eating at Boma? If we eat at Tusker House I know it's easy to hop back on the bus to WL.
You would need to take a bus to one on the parks, and then take another bus back to WL. I usually just take the bus to AK, and then go back to my resort from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter