Boma or Tusker House for Breakfast?

ollyg

DIS Veteran
I have reservations for Tusker House for breakfast, but I am thinking of cancelling and and going to Boma. Which do you all feel is a better choice, and how would I go about getting there using Disney busses? Would I transfer at AK?

I have reservations for Tusker House for breakfast, but I am thinking of cancelling and and going to Boma. Which do you all feel is a better choice, and how would I go about getting there using Disney busses? Would I transfer at AK?

We love Tusker House! We make it a point to go there at least once a trip for breakfast. That's my vote! (and there's no transferring either! woohoo!)

My husband and I love Boma breakfast buffet (they have more food selection and made to order eggs/omelette). But my son LOVES Tusker House buffet b/c of the characters and he likes the food there too. My husband and I like the food selection at Tusker house too but food much better at Boma. If I had one to chose I would go with Tusker house b/c you are in AK already and the characters (but if you are not into the characters go to Boma).
Hope this helps

If it's an AK day I'd stick with Tusker House, less hassle and comparable experience. The food is more or less the same and the character interaction at Tusker House is great. :thumbsup2

Getting to most resorts in the morning using Disney transportation is a pretty iffy proposition - at that time of day, they are focused on getting people *out* of resorts and *into* parks.

It might seem simple to just catch the bus when it's going from park back to resort, but the system is set up so that it often doesn't quite work that way.

If we can solve the transportation problem, I would go with Boma for breakfast and Tusker House for a LUNCH (on a different day).

The only reason I would choose Boma is if you've never been to AKL. Definitely worth the trip if you've never been there. Otherwise choose Tusker House, their breakfast is awesome!

Just went to TH for character bkfst - it was yummy and had great Donald/Daisy/Mickey/Goofy interaction.

If you don't want the guys, just do Boma. BUT it might be easier to go from your resort to AK for TH vs. trying to get to AKL.

We'll be staying at AKL and already have 2 ADRs for Boma breakfast. After reading this thread I decided that it would be fun to try for Tusker House breakfast on one of our AK days. Yes, we are doing AK 2 days - I love this park! I was able to get an 8:25 am ADR. AK does not open until 9:00 am. Will there be any problem catching a bus from AKL to AK more than an hour prior to opening? It will be such a nice change to enter a park before opening for a meal. We've never done this before.

We'll be staying at AKL and already have 2 ADRs for Boma breakfast. After reading this thread I decided that it would be fun to try for Tusker House breakfast on one of our AK days. Yes, we are doing AK 2 days - I love this park! I was able to get an 8:25 am ADR. AK does not open until 9:00 am. Will there be any problem catching a bus from AKL to AK more than an hour prior to opening? It will be such a nice change to enter a park before opening for a meal. We've never done this before.

We have ADRs at Tusker House at 8:05 one morning and AK opens at 9. I was told by CM while making the reservation that when we check into our resort to let the concierge know that we have an early ADR and a bus will come earlier than the 1 hour mark. I hope the CM was correct!

So glad to hear the reviews on this breakfast. It's our first trip :yay: and the kids (DS7 and DS4) are very excited about it!

Our family just recently ate at Boma for the first time. The food was absolutely delicious. I would eat there again on our next trip. Tusker House is very good and have the characters. You would go to AK and take the bus to AKL - the ride is just a few minutes. When were done we headed on to AK for the day.

The sausage/biscuit skillet at Boma is AWESOME. I found a recipe online for it and made it at home a couple of times as well.

That is the quote from my 7yo nephew last year on our trip to Boma. He loved it, is a picky eater and we even went back to Boma a second time that trip. We are on the DP, but paid OOP for the second visit; its that good.

The French toast at Boma is literally to die for, so good you don't actually need syrup to enjoy it. I also like a really simple item: roasted tomatoes, actual halved roma tomatoes grilled, just melt in your mouth.

Getting to AKL from AK is pretty easy. Get off the bus at AK, walk over to the other side to the AKL bus stop, takes about 5 minutes to get to AKL and you can actually see the hotel as soon as the bus leaves the AK lot.

Time at the Lodge is also really nice. May be a safe and easy way for your little one to get easy looks at the animals on the Savannah.

We will be going to Tusker House for the second time during our upcoming trip. We loved it last time and I hope it doesn't disappoint this time!

We have never had Boma for breakfast, just dinner, and we found it to be just OK...I don't understand the hype it gets from the boards other than the Zebra Domes :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter