Boma or Sanaa?

No Savannah view from Boma, but it might be a little easier with the kids. I've eaten at Saana once and Boma 3 times and I prefer the food at Boma. Saana wasn't bad at all, but with little ones, I think a buffet is easier and there are a lot of choices at Boma. I have 2 kids and the first time we went to Boma, they were 5 1/2. Both of them loved it.

Also, please be aware of other diners if you do eat at Saana. My dh and I were there for our anniversary dinner without our kids and we were seated next to a window. 2 little girls from a neighboring table (without a view) spent most of their time camped out right next to us because we had a better view. It didn't bother us too much, but some adult only tables might not be pleased.

I vote for Boma. We eat there almost every trip. The food is delicious and it is fun to see Animal Kingdom Lodge. You can walk outside after eating (or before) and see the animals.

Sanaa was good but has more of an adult atmosphere. We enjoy the food at Boma more.

Boma of course....it's a buffet and quite a yummy one. Breakfast or Dinner is awesome at Boma! :thumbsup2

We felt like Boma has always been a better option with kids. No, you can't view anything outside, but the buffet is good with a lot of variety. And it's super kid friendly, whether the kids like chicken nuggets or something exotic.

A vote for Sanaa.

We found the food at Sanaa to be significantly better than the offerings at Boma. Our children also enjoyed Sanaa much better. Yes, the views helped, but we ate at Sanaa twice last trip and the kids cleaned their plates both times. Boma, while better than most Disney buffets, is still a buffet and to us... it felt like corners were cut.

No matter which restaurant you pick, there are several outlooks and observations spots for before and after dinner. The AKL is such a beautiful, unique resort, so be sure to take some time to walk around and explore.

We haven't eaten at Boma, but Sanna was our favorite meal on our last trip! The food was amazing and the view even better. If you make an ADR, try to go for the earliest dinner seating (5 pm, I believe) to get the best view possible! Personally, I am not a fan of navigating a buffet with little ones.

We have only eaten at BOMA. We would love to try Sanaa but with a couple of pretty picky eaters, it just isn't in our cards.
BOMA is a buffet so if the kids try something they don't like, they can always get something else. We enjoyed our last visit to BOMA a lot.

Both.

They're both really good. If your kids are big eaters, Boma. There's no view, but you can explore after dinner easily enough.. Sanaa has some neat views, but you're never guaranteed a particular table.

We've never been to Sanaa, but Boma was the dining highlight of our trip last time. AKL is beautiful inside and outside and we got to see the animals when we went for a walk before dinner. Boma had lots of delicious choices that everyone in my family loved. I recommend it to everyone.

I can't compare the two, because I have only been to Sanaa. My children were 5 & 6 when we were there.

It was one of our favorite meals. My kids enjoyed the food and we had a reservation for the first seating of dinner and had a window seat. We had a great view of the animals. It was amazing. We also had an entertaining crested crane dancing outside our window.

For us, I find buffets harder. It's not a family meal when someone is always getting up for more food.

At Sanaa, we got the bread sampler for an appetizer -- naan bread with different hummus and dips, my kids thought this was awesome.

My youngest who is very picky -- but does not like the typical nuggets/burgers/pizza -- loved their ranch veggie pizza. I don't remember what my daughter had, she's a very adventurous eater (as long as it's not fish/seafood), and she rarely doesn't clean her plate. Definitely a must do when we head back next year.

Check out the menu on the disney website.

Boma for us even though there is no view of the Savannah. Because the foods are different than what we normally have, there is the choice of trying foods, then if you don't care for it, trying others instead.

We always go outside and there are excellent viewing areas to see the animals.

Have not tried Sanaa yet, but Boma was the best meal of our last trip and we made ADR's for it this trip as well! It's great because kids can try something new and unusual, and if they don't like it, no problem - they can go up and get familiar foods.

I'm echoing the poster who said you can always go before or after your meal to gaze at the animals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter