Boma or Raglan Road?

ztam3

Mouseketeer
Okay! I am trying to narrow my dining choices in order to make ADR's for our trip after Thanksgiving. For those of you who have eaten at these locations, which would your recommend since we have never tried either. My hubby is not a very adventurous eater. He likes things fairly traditional. It will just be me and my hubby. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS,
Tabitha
:cool1:

We have reservations for both of these restaurants in September, and I can't wait! I haven't been to either, but I might be able to help with letting you know why we chose each restaurant...

Boma was one of my first choice of restaurants for our trip. From what I hear, it has lots of fresh, yummy food - both African and American. Salads, prime rib, chicken tenders, African-style soups, vegies, and yummy desserts. I just thought it might be fun and something different! Plus, I really wanted to check out Animal Kingdom Lodge. :banana:

Raglan Road was my last addition, but one I'm really excited about! We added this ADR recently, after seeing lawyergirl's photos of her dinner in the "Photos of food" thread. It looks AMAZING!! Especially the shepherd's pie (without pastry!) and the desserts... yum!! Plus, my BF and I thought it would be fun to spend a night in an Irish pub with drinks and music. If that sounds like you and your husband, go for it!

Hope that helps! Have you checked out the menus on AllEars?

We dined at both restaurants this past May. We enjoyed the food, atmosphere, and service at Boma much more than Raglan Road.

At Raglan Road I had the Bangers and Mash which was not as good as the Bangers and Mash at Rose and Crown. In addition, while the restaurant was not busy, our server was not attentive. In fact, my DH had to ask another server if he could find her so that we could have our check.

We've eaten at Boma several times and have enjoyed each and every meal. I'm sure you've heard about the Zebra Domes - but there is a lot more delicious food served here. I enjoy the roast beef, the soups, and the salad with the cilantro dressing. The servers are outstanding. I know you'll enjoy dining here!

Boma is one of my favorite restaurants at WDW. It gets my vote.

We have not eaten at Raglan Road, but we did have dinner at Boma in July and just loved it. There are lots of different kinds of foods if you want to experiment (I really liked the watermelon rind salad) but if you're looking for more "normal" fare, you'll find that as well. I can't imagine that someone would go there and not find something he could eat. Even my picky kids had a good time there, eating chicken fingers and peanut butter & jelly.

Plus, the desserts are really delicious.

I have to disagree with most of the posters on this thread so far. Our family thought Boma was just terrible. First of all, its a buffet. Even good food has a hard time staying good when it it popped in a giant pan under hot lamps for ten to thirty minutes. Secondly, if your husband is not an adventurous eater, he wouldn't like Boma even if the food was served freshly prepared, which it is not. I am a fairly broadminded eater, but did not care for the food at Boma at all--everything had a "sweet" overtone! In short, I think this is place is greatly overhyped.

That being said, I am glad that we experienced it once. Even if we didn't enjoy the food, we still had a great time.

Got to be Boma. Something for everybody - even the picky eater.

I've eaten at both and my vote goes to Boma's. Though the food was okay at Raglan Road, I, too, had very poor service. Boma's has a huge variety and the service, though buffet, has always been excellent!

We are eating at both in the next few weeks so I will report back. We have eaten at Boma before and I wasnt too struck on it at all. I think it is just OK.The kids liked it, so we are giving it a second chance.

Maggs

We haven't eaten at Ragland Rd, but Boma is one of our favorite places at WDW. I believe there will be choices your DH will enjoy. The prime rib is great!

Can't speak for RR however Boma's is our favorite and we go there often. If there is someone in the party who isn't into the food there you could always ask if it would be possible for them to tone down the spice, etc. I've found them to be very agreeable. The atmosphere is great.

I also vote Boma. Hubby is Mr. John Wayne Meat and Potatoes and he REALLY liked Boma. (Go figure)

In all fairness, I only had dessert at Raglan Road, but it was EXCELLENT, but pricey, even by Disney standards. Service was invisible. Still, I would try it again.

While I've never eaten at Boma (DS is allergic to peanuts and I've heard Boma is just too difficult to deal with - LOVE Jiko, though!), we ate at Raglan Road Saturday and I have to say it was AWESOME!!! The food was better than average, but the band and the dancer were to die for! I don't know if they only have it on the weekends, but we will definitely go back.

They were a GREAT Irish band playing a lot of Irish drinking songs (fun stuff) and instrumentals. We were either clapping or tapping for most of the night. Not a great place for romantic conversation, but a lot of fun. And the Irish dancer - OMG - she was incredible. Paraphrasing from the menu: Yes, she danced with Michael Flatley, and NO, she is not "available!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter