Boma or 'Ohana?

Just asked my 11yo which one he would pick and it was a tough call (we love both), but he said Boma. He still raves about their Mac and cheese.

Just asked my 11yo which one he would pick and it was a tough call (we love both), but he said Boma. He still raves about their Mac and cheese.

Funny thing about what some people say about Disney's mac n cheese. To me it all tastes like Kraft made a little more creamy. I taste it each time to see if it would taste different, but to me it doesn't. :confused3

Definitely Boma for us! Ditto on the soups...yum! We love the variety and there is plenty to satisfy every palate. We are not Ohana fans and GG was just mediocre for us.

I *loved* Boma! They had my favorite Disney dessert ever - the pineapple upside down cheesecake.

Tough one as we love them both. Ohana has an edge with us though and is a must do every trip (I, myself, wouldn't mind skipping it just once...just tor try someplace new). But Boma is so very good too and you do want to check out AKL. My girls were/are picky eaters and liked Boma the 2 or 3 times we've gone...we are going again next trip (as well as Ohana). So, it's close but if I had to pick one of them to eat dinner at right now, and I am hungry, it would be....Ohana!

That's a tough one. I love both of them. My husband, who is a more picky eater, did not care for Boma at all.

laliwalden said:
That's a tough one. I love both of them. My husband, who is a more picky eater, did not care for Boma at all.

This is what I'm afraid of. My husband is a picky eater, doesn't like anythimg out of the oridinary. I'm debating if I should give it a try or not.

I'm a very picky eater, but loved Boma. Also tried Ohana on the same trip, it was ok, but nothing we care to try again soon. The shrimp was good, but the other meats not so much. I didn't like the bread & the other foods being served before coming around with the meat. One gets too filled with the sides & can't eat much meats.

Boma has become one of our favorite restaurants. Love the buffet but especially the soups and the desserts. Ohana was good but we always make ADRs for Boma.

I preferred the food at 'Ohana but Boma was delicious too! Whatever is easier or more convenient - they're both delicious.

Looking forward to finding out. We're eating breakfast and dinner at O'hana this trip! Lol

So, I decided that I need to cancel our dinner ADR at Garden Grill next month and replace it with either 'Ohana or Boma. We are on the DDP.

We will be at Epcot that day, so 'Ohana will be right on the monorail. However, transportation isn't an issue at all for us since we drive, and we are considering purchasing DVC at AKV and would love to check it out there, too.

I've heard so much about this wonderful bread pudding at 'Ohana and the pictures look wonderful. We did Spirit of Aloha once and really enjoyed the resort and food. But I keep hearing about Boma being the best buffet at WDW, so I am really torn as to what to do.

This is my 6th trip to WDW and our party is me, dh, ds (11), dd (8) and dd (6). My ds and youngest dd are both pretty picky eaters but we don't let that stop us from going somewhere.

I appreciate your thoughts and reasonings behind your thoughts. :hippie:

We've never eaten at Boma, though as you, have heard some pretty good things. We have eaten at Ohana. To us, the food was very average. I'd suggest Boma.

They are two very different experiences. I, personally, prefer Boma. The atmosphere is way cool, the food is delicious and interesting, and you just can't beat the look of the AKL.

However, since you have young boys who are fussy eaters, the food at O'hana might be more up your alley. It's your basic "meat on a stick" (as my mom calls it) kind of meal. Plus, it's more of a family entertainment night with fun games and schticks that the waiters do. (Ask for ketchup and see what happens!)

I personally have been to both and imo I didn't care fo Boma. If it was up to me I would have dinner every night of our trip at Ohanas. Hands down its my favorite place to eat in all of WDW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter